bold predictions
1 2 3 5
1 2 3 5
Posted by garhkal colbrook

colbrook wrote:
I wonder if Lucas Oil have any of those disinfectant spraying drones that other stadiums have been using, seems less risky to the operator, and potentially faster for large areas.

That would be interesting to see.  Drones flying around spraying things down..

Posted by colbrook garhkal

garhkal wrote:
colbrook wrote:
I wonder if Lucas Oil have any of those disinfectant spraying drones that other stadiums have been using, seems less risky to the operator, and potentially faster for large areas.

That would be interesting to see.  Drones flying around spraying things down..
There's been a few videos and news reports out there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cCkYHRRpQk

Posted by father bloodlust

This could be informative in terms of what Gen Con might do.

Colossalcon 2021 is officially a go (it's June 2-6, in Sandusky, Ohio), and they just released their health procedures today.

Granted, it's a different convention that takes place three months before Gen Con, but it could still be a sign of what's to come for Gen Con.

Posted by boute001

Honestly, aside from gencon having a larger attendance cap than 7k, I feel all the guidelines and restrictions are rational and completely doable to insure a successful and enjoyable Gencon.

Posted by garhkal

When we've seen 60+ thousand before, having just a 7k cap, seems a little small..  25k i could see being better.

Posted by boute001 garhkal

garhkal wrote:
When we've seen 60+ thousand before, having just a 7k cap, seems a little small..  25k i could see being better.
I feel 25k would be the starting attendance and more might be allowed as the months move forward

Posted by jimdigris

My bold prediction is that COVID will mutate in early September to the zombie virus and the first major outbreak will occur at Gencon.  No one will realize what is happening because everyone will assume that they are simply LARPing.
(Just kidding- Don't take this seriously!)

Posted by boute001

^love this

Posted by father bloodlust boute001

boute001 wrote:
Honestly, aside from gencon having a larger attendance cap than 7k, I feel all the guidelines and restrictions are rational and completely doable to insure a successful and enjoyable Gencon.

I didn't see anything in the Colossalcon guidelines about requiring vaccinations though (maybe because, as far as I know, vaccine passports are still an idea rather than a tangible thing). Hopefully Gen Con will require proof of vaccination (and hopefully the passports will be a reality by then).

Posted by garhkal jimdigris

jimdigris wrote:
My bold prediction is that COVID will mutate in early September to the zombie virus and the first major outbreak will occur at Gencon.  No one will realize what is happening because everyone will assume that they are simply LARPing.
(Just kidding- Don't take this seriously!)

I for one, welcome our new zombie overlords.  ;)

Posted by squirecam father bloodlust

father bloodlust wrote:
boute001 wrote:

I didn't see anything in the Colossalcon guidelines about requiring vaccinations though (maybe because, as far as I know, vaccine passports are still an idea rather than a tangible thing). Hopefully Gen Con will require proof of vaccination (and hopefully the passports will be a reality by then).
There is work on a passport system. Hawaii will have a version. But it's looking like it will be a state by state or industry by industry system. 

Given that, the chances are reduced that it will be ready in time. Plus, as the IN governor is conservative, it's less likely to mandate one as HI has.

https://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/7185903002?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16182600457921&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fstory%2Ftravel%2Fnews%2F2021%2F04%2F12%2Fhawaii-travel-state-reveals-plans-covid-vaccine-passport%2F7185903002%2F

New Post Sign in to write a new post.
1 2 3 5
1 2 3 5