D&D and Baldman Games @ Gen Con
1 2 4
1 2 4
Posted by castigere

I saw that DDRL-01 is listed for 3rd level characters.  Looking at https://dnd.wizards.com/ddal_misthunters I see that there is a "story-driven guided character creation experience" but it doesn't have much detail.  It also doesn't specify if that process creates level 1 characters or you can start higher.  Do you know if a) you can create a level 3 character, and, if not, b) is there more info on creating new characters and how you get them leveled up?

TIA!!

Posted by wavester

A - yes you can create 3rd level characters
B - There will be rules on the Mist Hunters site in August but they are not out right now

In Mist Hunters you characters is ALWAYS the level listed in the adventure. Play them out of order? Well drop down a level to play the one you missed (or up a level or two if you are playing ahead). Everybody at the table will always be the same level.

Posted by wavester

I just spend all evening entering a TON of Gen Con Online events - now get your fingers ready to buy them all please :)

Posted by castigere

Apologizes if this topic has already come up (I searched and couldn't find anything for it this year).  Is there a way to get on a waitlist for Baldman games?  We've had a new person decide to come along, and now we'd like for her to play in our group, but all the events we're already signed up for are sold out.  The strategy from previous years is just to lurk in the game room and groups with a no-show will ask for players on standby.  Same deal this year?

Posted by wavester

Correct - Lurk with generics - we will have a generic line - we'll do our best to get them into gaming with you.

Posted by qstor

I'm interested in running at GenCon online for Baldman

Posted by komoridarkclaw wavester

Slightly off topic, but last I remember the direct messaging system doesn't really make it clear if you've got a new message. 

wavester wrote:
Correct - Lurk with generics - we will have a generic line - we'll do our best to get them into gaming with you.

I sent you a DM about the D&D eXperience. If you could take a look it'll be greatly appreciated. I am sure you are pretty busy getting ready ;)

~Komori

Posted by wavester

Didn't even know there was a DM system (found a message from 2 years ago in there - hope that person found what they needed onsite).

1 - We normally start a thread in the forums as we get closer to the show for those with DDXP tickets to meet-n-great but it is not required and pretty much a pot-luck get what ya get. Some love getting organized before while others just show up. Even with that onsite you will have time to mingle with your others players before the game and find some new friends that mesh up with what you want to do.

2 - Leveling in S10 once per adventure but it is your choice. You could stay 1st the entire time or level up each time and be 5th when you are done.

Posted by komoridarkclaw wavester

wavester wrote:
Didn't even know there was a DM system (found a message from 2 years ago in there - hope that person found what they needed onsite).
1 - We normally start a thread in the forums as we get closer to the show for those with DDXP tickets to meet-n-great but it is not required and pretty much a pot-luck get what ya get. Some love getting organized before while others just show up. Even with that onsite you will have time to mingle with your others players before the game and find some new friends that mesh up with what you want to do.
2 - Leveling in S10 once per adventure but it is your choice. You could stay 1st the entire time or level up each time and be 5th when you are done.

Thanks for the reply. I will look for the organization thread and let my friends know. 

Posted by drmean wavester

wavester wrote:
1 - We normally start a thread in the forums as we get closer to the show for those with DDXP tickets to meet-n-greet but it is not required ....

Any plans to still do that?

I hope so. My group is only 2. And It was always nice to be able to find a group ahead of time to help make compatible matches. 

Posted by narzat

On their Discord page they said over the weekend that mustering is coming soon!

Posted by komoridarkclaw

*Waits not so patiently for the drumroll* :P
Getting hard to keep from getting too excited. Will the forum for the planning be here or do they have their own Baldman Games Forums somewhere?

Posted by narzat

It will be on the Baldman Games Discord player server, which is not yet active, according to their comment on the general BMG Discord server.

Posted by narzat

Update from the Baldman admins over on Discord, now saying that we'll just be mustering on site.

Posted by drmean

Ah. Thanks for the update. That's a bummer. Was always nice to get a group ahead of time.

Posted by masterofdungeons

Mustering for our in person Track C running of MOON-19 + 20! I am DM Mitch Smithson, and I have one of our outstanding BMG DMs as the catalyst to starting the group (Brian K)! However, we are looking for five more (5) hearty adventurers to lend their aid on this arduous quest. Post your interest here, or on our discord servers to acquire your seat for the conclusion of this epic finale of the Rising Shadows storyline!

Posted by masterofdungeons

Btw, if you have a full group for a DDXP track or a single ticketed event, the marshals are totally open to letting you enjoy the games together. Feel free to muster here, and (after gathering in person) rely such information to the marshal. They are extremely professional, and will do what they can to seat everyone at the appropriate tables.

Posted by drmean

Thanks for posting here Mitch. I've never really been into the whole Discord thing and wasn't really sure what was happening over there.

I've got a group of 2 ready to pledge our service. We're on Track C and also Track A if you are DMing that too.
I'm a druid and the other is a paladin and we're both on the old-timer side of things. 

I can send you a PM with our names if there is still an opening for us.

Posted by narzat

Mitch is an awesome DM!  We're signed up for a different Baldman event, or we'd be jumping in feet first to his table(s) :)  

We're three players looking to build out a party for The D&D eXPerience - Season 10 - Tier One.  So far, we have:

Dragonborn Druid (aiming for Circle of Wildfire)
Human Ranger (probably headed for Swarmkeeper)
Human Cleric (Twilight Domain)

We're all eXPerienced (hah!) D&D players who enjoy a balance of role play, humor, and tactical crunch.  If that sounds like a good fit for you, chime in here and we can get right to gaming on Thursday!  

Posted by masterofdungeons drmean

drmean wrote:
Thanks for posting here Mitch. I've never really been into the whole Discord thing and wasn't really sure what was happening over there.
I've got a group of 2 ready to pledge our service. We're on Track C and also Track A if you are DMing that too.
I'm a druid and the other is a paladin and we're both on the old-timer side of things. 
I can send you a PM with our names if there is still an opening for us.
Sure! Send me a PM! And if you want, I can help you with the discord thing, as well! Let me know!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 2 4
1 2 4