Satine Phoenix & Jamison Stone
1 3 4
1 3 4
Posted by dsmart

With light cast on the misconduct of these two, will their events be canceled?

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/satine-phoenix-jamison-stone-abuse-and-misconduct-allegations.898196/

Posted by jcirillo1971

Agreed.  These two have overstayed their welcome in this community for all the pain they have caused to others and GenCon shouldn't be a platform to promote/elevate them any further.

Quite a few other stories since the tattoo artist came out as well.  Brian Foster did a great job consolidating other stories on this website.  https://www.studlystone.com/

Posted by breevee

They are both clearly monsters. I really hope Gencon bans them, because that would be the responsible thing to do to keep everyone safe. If that doesn't happen, maybe people will decide on their own not to pay money to attend events run by adult bullies

Posted by quarex

Yeah there is more than a little overlap between them and also-banned Zak S. at this point, though Zak is seemingly even worse (though perhaps only because the right people came forward in his case)

Posted by lanogironu breevee

breevee wrote:
They are both clearly monsters. I really hope Gencon bans them, because that would be the responsible thing to do to keep everyone safe. If that doesn't happen, maybe people will decide on their own not to pay money to attend events run by adult bullies

I hope no one pays for their sessions, but there are free seminars though that if not canceled make me wonder what the GenCon stance on heckling is?

Posted by eldrad12000

I would advise against heckling as that is more likely to get you in trouble.
Also I would assume lack of attendance to their events would send a clear message to them. They don't seem to be violent toward attendees so everyone should be safe enough.

Posted by xanathon

Don't know who either of these people are and I don't care to know who either of them are.

Posted by armadilloal

Their names have come up multiple times on the EventDB page under the "Returned tickets" section the last few days, so clearly at least some of the people who were looking forward to playing with them (and paying $100 or $200 to do so) have lost interest.

Posted by qwaserity lanogironu

lanigironu wrote:
breevee wrote:
They are both clearly monsters. 

I hope no one pays for their sessions, but there are free seminars though that if not canceled make me wonder what the GenCon stance on heckling is?
Harrassment is harrassment, even if you're harrassing the monsters. Just steer clear and let them starve for the attention and money they both so desperately need.

Posted by jcirillo1971 qwaserity

qwaserity wrote:
lanigironu wrote:
breevee wrote:
They are both clearly monsters. 

Harrassment is harrassment, even if you're harrassing the monsters. Just steer clear and let them starve for the attention and money they both so desperately need.
Exactly!  We should not give them any opportunity to 'cry victim'.  But then again, Gen Con should take a stand and not give these two any platform whatsoever.

Posted by quarex xanathon

xanathon wrote:Don't know who either of these people are and I don't care to know who either of them are.
"Don't blame me!  *I* voted for Kodos!"

Posted by random_axcess

GenCon has very publicly banned people in the community for much less so unless there is some business that hasn't been brought forward I do not see why they would help and promote these individuals.

Posted by mikeboozer

Hello Folks,

As always in these cases we will investigate. 

Let us do that please.

Mike

Posted by mikeboozer lanogironu

lanigironu wrote:
breevee wrote:

Our stand is that is a form of harassment as well. So you would find yourself in the same predicament.

Mike

Posted by lanogironu mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
lanigironu wrote:
breevee wrote:

Our stand is that is a form of harassment as well. So you would find yourself in the same predicament.Mike

I know, jest didn't come across well. 

Posted by xanathon

I wish my curiosity didn’t get the better of me. 

I looked up the story and all it does is reinforce my belief that these podcasters and people who seek internet fame are not worth paying attention to and certainly don’t need to be treated like celebrities, especially since they play a game that many of us have played for much longer than they have. 

I find it sad that people are so willing to put people like Phoenix and Jamieson up on celebrity pedestals without first asking whether they should be placed up on the pedestals to begin with. 

Most people who crave attention like that are usually not worth paying attention to. 

Posted by dwe113 xanathon

xanathon wrote:
I looked up the story and all it does is reinforce my belief that these podcasters and people who seek internet fame are not worth paying attention to and certainly don’t need to be treated like celebrities, especially since they play a game that many of us have played for much longer than they have. 
I find it sad that people are so willing to put people like Phoenix and Jamieson up on celebrity pedestals without first asking whether they should be placed up on the pedestals to begin with. 
Most people who crave attention like that are usually not worth paying attention to. 

lol I do not care for these people whatsoever but you're literally throwing every person who performs for others into the same group (or, I guess you do say "most")

Posted by cinnibar

Regardless what Gen Con decides after review, if you don't like these or other GM's, return the tickets held and find something else to do.  At least you will be depriving the GM of the extra $$$ if the ticket is not picked up.

Posted by xanathon dwe113

dwe113 wrote:
xanathon wrote:
Most people who crave attention like that are usually not worth paying attention to. lol I do not care for these people whatsoever but you're literally throwing every person who performs for others into the same group (or, I guess you do say "most")
I'm not stereotyping.  I just don't understand why people like these two get celebrity status by playing Dungeons and Dragons.  I've been playing Dungeons and Dragons for 38 years and am a storehouse of useless knowledge regarding the game, but I don't seek celebrity status because of that.  Its just a hobby of mine.  There are no special skills that are needed to play Dungeons and Dragons, no special education, or anything that prevents anyone from playing the game.  So why treat people as celebrities just because they elect to do a podcast or internet show?

My comment is based on people's reaction when these pseudo celebrities remind everyone that they are human and capable of making mistakes because they are just like the rest of us, because they are human.

Too many people put them on a pedestal, but once they do something that goes against people's expectations of them, they turn on them and crucify them.  I don't know which is worse the fact that people like Satine and Jamieson get giant ego's because they think themselves as celebrities or the way people turn on them.

I'm not justifying what they did as I think its pathetic that they use what they believe to be their celebrity status to act like arsehats.  Its just another example of cancel culture and rather than give people a chance to make amends for their mistakes everyone wants them removed completely.  

Posted by sereinbooks

[This post has been removed]

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3 4
1 3 4