Satine Phoenix & Jamison Stone
1 2 4
1 2 4
Posted by babesj18

I don't think it would be wise to cancel the appearance of one and not the other. 

Posted by funny-shaped dice

Did a quick scan of Events looking for “Satine” - and so far, at least, none of her events appear to have sold out and many of them are very undersold - some don’t appear to have met the “minimum” attendees listed.

We’ll see.

After reading some of the horror stories, I hope her star has finally burnt out.  She and her partner have behaved awfully towards other members of our community.  Their inflated sense of their own worth, the gaslighting, the non-apology…  The best thing the community can do is vote with their dollars and not support her or her partner’s events, books, games, etc.

I’m not a fan of Critical Role - but that is a group that can offer a master class on how to approach fame with humility and grace.  Outside of the Tiberius dude from their first season - who was fairly quickly removed from / or stepped away from the cast - I’ve never heard or seen Matt Mercer or the members of the Critical Role cast behave badly towards their partners and fans.  I’m not a fan of their work - but I am a fan of them as people and as community representatives.

Posted by austicke funny-shaped dice

funny-shaped dice wrote:Did a quick scan of Events looking for “Satine” - and so far, at least, none of her events appear to have sold out and many of them are very undersold - some don’t appear to have met the “minimum” attendees listed.

Before this controversy, they were completely sold out. Many have canceled.

Posted by funny-shaped dice austicke

austicke wrote:
funny-shaped dice wrote:Did a quick scan of Events looking for “Satine” - and so far, at least, none of her events appear to have sold out and many of them are very undersold - some don’t appear to have met the “minimum” attendees listed.

That's great to hear. Hopefully it will continue to trend in that direction.

Posted by lehane austicke

austicke wrote:

"Fame is a fickle friend, Harry. Celebrity is as Celebrity does. Remember that."
-Gilderoy Lockhart

Posted by lore seeker

Looks like Satine Phoenix's events have all been cancelled. At least, nothing comes up when typing "Satine" into the event search bar, and the change list website listed five or six events bearing her name as cancelled.

Posted by random_axcess

I really hope that was GenCon taking the necessary steps and not them advising Satine to cancel her events due to "safety" reasons. Looking on the megathread on Friday a couple discord channels were deleted "to stop gossip" AKA S/J posted messages of future support when this "blows over" from a number of companies/sponsors as a rally the troops/weather the storm kind of moral boost, which I really hope is fake... but money+viability=profit.

Posted by broodingpaladin

According to Satine Phoenix's Twitter feed, updated on June 24, she stated, "For the safety of myself and my family, I will not be attending GenCon.  We will be reaching out to everyone who has signed up for events.  Thank you." 

She's also locked the thread to replies.

Posted by lehane

Safety reasons? 

Are there people actually making death threats on this? Or is that a PR move?

Posted by ndgeekboy

Maybe Gen Con'll have an official statement on the situation before the convention?

Posted by qwaserity lehane

lehane wrote:
Safety reasons? 
It's for the safety of her future sponsors. Take time off, hopes this blows over and hope people forget about <insert political mess here>.

Posted by brumcg ndgeekboy

ndgeekboy wrote:
Maybe Gen Con'll have an official statement on the situation before the convention?

I'm pretty sure that Gen Con's policy is that they don't comment on these things.  They did on Zak Smith, but I think that was an exception to the rule. 

Posted by colbrook

Could also be a "If you withdraw we don't have to officially ban you" situation.

Posted by armadilloal lehane

lehane wrote:
Safety reasons? 

I can't speak as to whether there are actually threats, but I can say that playing the victim card is entirely consistent with the accusations against her.

Posted by broodingpaladin

Gen Con has been decisive in banning others in the past when they chose to and I'm hoping this is not a matter of political convenience where she withdraws so Gen Con doesn't have to take a stand on this issue.  My own opinion is that Gen Con still owes the community an actual decision on this issue and not just a shrug that says, "We, she withdrew, so you know, nothing to see here."

She has said nothing about receiving death threats or threats of physical harm so I'm dubious about her motivations in her statement.

Posted by quarex

I imagine if she tries to come back next year like nothing happened then something will definitely have to be done officially.

Posted by random_axcess

So pretty much what I thought would happen, silence from GenCon due to who Satine is.

She has apparently made statements on discord about her returning to both Origins and GenCon next year and that she was not asked to remove her events but did so for "safety".

Not really sure what is/isn't true due to some grifters that have been pushing narratives but sometimes the bad guys win, I guess.

Posted by lanogironu random_axcess

random_axcess wrote:
So pretty much what I thought would happen, silence from GenCon due to who Satine is.
She has apparently made statements on discord about her returning to both Origins and GenCon next year and that she was not asked to remove her events but did so for "safety".
Not really sure what is/isn't true due to some grifters that have been pushing narratives but sometimes the bad guys win, I guess.

GenCon is staying silent because that's the corporate middle line to take and almost nothing to do with who she is. She is not big enough GenCon doesn't want to upset her; they more likely don't want to give the impression of being hard on performers unless absolutely necessary. 

It's entirely possible they told her to pull her events and quit or they would be remove and ban her themselves, so this is her reason for doing so. I doubt GenCon has any interest in weighing in if they can avoid it.

Posted by sam7001

Looks like Stone and Satine are just denying the allegations now.

Article:
https://www.dicebreaker.com/companies/apotheosis-studios/news/apotheosis-jamison-stone-statement
rpg net:
https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/satine-phoenix-jamison-stone-abuse-and-misconduct-allegations.898196/post-24410975

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 2 4
1 2 4