Only one Vax check location?
1 3 4
1 3 4
Posted by donaldbain

The interactive map is only showing one Vax check location.  It's a good sized space, it could work?

Posted by lore seeker

Probably multiple tables to process as many people as quickly as possible. Still, the thought of a Will Call-sized line outside that room worries me.

Posted by kevinrg

Sure hope that they start well in advance of will call check in.

Posted by donaldbain

There's a map on the FB page that has three checkpoints on the first floor, hopefully it's correct.

https://www.facebook.com/genconindy/photos/10159396970443155

Posted by xanathon

So we will first get our badges then go up for the vax check or are they doing everything in that room this year?  It seems like it would be better to do everything in one place.

Posted by mikeboozer xanathon

xanathon wrote:
So we will first get our badges then go up for the vax check or are they doing everything in that room this year?  It seems like it would be better to do everything in one place.

Must have your Vaccination wrist band before getting in Will Call line.

More then just one Vaccination check station. There are several.

Mike

Posted by lore seeker mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
xanathon wrote:
More then just one Vaccination check station. There are several.

Whew. Good news there.

Posted by dautzen64

So 4 total fax check locations? Or are there others I missed?

Posted by mikeboozer mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
xanathon wrote:

Must have your Vaccination wrist band before getting in Will Call line.More then just one Vaccination check station. There are several.
Mike

In the rapidly changing world of Gen Con I was not too clear about the Vaccination stations. There will be many stations in Sagamore 7 starting early on Wednesday. Times tbd.

That is where all stations will be from Wednesday on.

There will be some stations on the Capitol Concourse Monday and Tuesday largely for Exhibitors and GM's but you can go there as well if you get in early to the show. Times tbd.

Mike

Posted by libra

Hi Mike. 

I am part of a group called the Mavens. We are running an event on Wednesday. Since we don't yet know the times the station will be open, we have been concerned that we would not be able to pickup our wristbands ahead of the event.

If there is a way to pickup the wristbands Monday/Tuesday that would help a lot.

Would we need to show anything special identifying us a GMs on Monday/Tuesday or will anyone be able to walk up?

Any idea when the times will be shared?

Thanks.

Posted by helenbb

This may now be outdated, but this information was in an email to Trade Day participants dated 6/23:

• Monday (8/1) : 8 am – 8 pm : Capital Concourse (near the Exhibit Hall)
  • Tuesday (8/2) : 8 am – 8 pm : Wabash East (near the escalators to the Hyatt)
  • Wednesday (8/3) : 7 am : Wabash Concourse (between rooms 124 / 125)

Posted by lanogironu

So the average attendee showing up Thursday only has 1 place to go. Attendees arriving Wednesday have 2 options. 
Kind of sounds like GenCon lied a little to us about the vaccination stations. I really hope the upstairs one isn't an endless line Thursday.

Posted by marimaccadmin

Friends, I wouldn't stress about this; I've done Vax checks at both PAXU and Origins and they took next to no time at all.  There's not going to be one table in that room, there will be multiple stations.  Yes it's one more step you have to do before you get your badge and yes, it's a minor inconvenience, but I really don't think it's going to be any kind of significant wait, I haven't seen that happen at any other show I've attended and I have no reason to suspect an issue here.

Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by mikeboozer lanogironu

lanigironu wrote:
So the average attendee showing up Thursday only has 1 place to go. Attendees arriving Wednesday have 2 options. 
Kind of sounds like GenCon lied a little to us about the vaccination stations. I really hope the upstairs one isn't an endless line Thursday.

They did not lie to you they changed the plan. These things happen.

As Marian has pointed out this has worked just fine for other conventions.

Mike

Posted by mikeboozer libra

libra wrote:
Hi Mike. 
I am part of a group called the Mavens. We are running an event on Wednesday. Since we don't yet know the times the station will be open, we have been concerned that we would not be able to pickup our wristbands ahead of the event.
If there is a way to pickup the wristbands Monday/Tuesday that would help a lot.
Would we need to show anything special identifying us a GMs on Monday/Tuesday or will anyone be able to walk up?
Any idea when the times will be shared?
Thanks.

Yes, there will be.

No, you don't have to identify as anything in particular. It is open to all.

Posted by mikeboozer

Schedule updated:

Mon-Tues: 8am-8pm (Capital Concourse)

Weds: 7am-2am (Sagamore 7)

Thurs-Sat: 7am-midnight (Sagamore 7)

Sun: 7am-4pm (Sagamore 7)

Mike

Posted by rogersba mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
=inheritAs Marian has pointed out this has worked just fine for other conventions.

Most of us haven't been to other conventions. We have been to Gen Con in the past when we've been told Will Call would be "just fine", but in reality we had multi-hour lines. That past experience plus the shifting communication are making attendees nervous.

Describing a little more about how this will work might help put people at ease. Is Sagamore 7 going to be on the scale of Will Call, with dozens of checkers at peak times? If we can think of this as "Will Call, but it takes 15 seconds per person instead of several minutes", that would give us an idea of what to expect.

Posted by mikeboozer rogersba

rogersba wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
=inheritAs Marian has pointed out this has worked just fine for other conventions.

Most of us haven't been to other conventions. We have been to Gen Con in the past when we've been told Will Call would be "just fine", but in reality we had multi-hour lines. That past experience plus the shifting communication are making attendees nervous.Describing a little more about how this will work might help put people at ease. Is Sagamore 7 going to be on the scale of Will Call, with dozens of checkers at peak times? If we can think of this as "Will Call, but it takes 15 seconds per person instead of several minutes", that would give us an idea of what to expect.

There will be lots of stations in Sagamore. Have no more information at this time on exact numbers.

It will definitely be faster then Will Call where we have to go look for the packet and sometimes go back and forth based on information and names that don't match up.

Like Will Call just have your ID ready as well as your vaccination proof. We check, we put on a wrist band you're done.

Mike

Posted by ryric

The vaccine check line Saturday morning at Origins had ~2 people doing checks and the line was moving so fast I'd be hard pressed to give an accurate estimate - maybe 5 ish minutes per 30-40 people? It's really a super fast process. Check ID, check proof, done. Like 10-15 seconds per person.

It's so much faster than Will Call because they don't have to go hunt down an envelope with your name on it.

Posted by hannman

Here is our dilemma.  We're leaving from St. Louis early Thursday morning and have a big event at 1:00 PM that we really want to attend.  We already have the tickets and we all had our badges shipped to us so we wouldn't have to spend 2 hours waiting at will call.   This event will be in Hall D and we're not going to have a lot of time before the event.  We are all vaccinated and have vaccine cards, but will we need to prove we're vaccinated before going to this event?  Do we need to prove we're vaccinated to attend events in the side halls or just the main vendor hall?  

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3 4
1 3 4