VIG info
Posted by noone

Just curious about what's going on about the VIG program?  The forums have been up for two weeks and I still don't see a VIG forums.  Also we were told that a newsletter would come out in December and we are almost halfway through the month.  With the VIG renewals coming up in a month when can we expect info?

Posted by sindee

Yes, more information would be nice! When is VIG renewel? Do we renew through the regular registration page or is there a special link?

Posted by noone

Its usally first week on jan and through the regialer registration page

Posted by sindee

Thanks

Posted by mikeboozer

Information on renewal is going out early next week.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service and Volunteer Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by sindee

Thank you. That is helpful.

Posted by kaledor

This week!

An email will go out early next week with renewal information.
Best Regards,

Posted by opochtli

Is there a dedicated VIG coordinator this year?  Last year the VIG program was, in my opinion, very lackluster.  Greatly appreciate all the people that were working in the VIG room. I know they worked hard and are dedicated.  But as far as the VIG program itself last year:  Hardly any VIG-specific events.  VIG forums were weak and questions not answered many times.  Can we expect improvement this year?

Posted by mikeboozer

Forums are not up yet, but you can email [email protected] with any questions you might have. I will be monitoring that inbox and answering questions.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Volunteer Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by snowleopard

I know it's possible to renew as 2016 VIG if you were a 2015 VIG, but is there any status for VIGs from prior years?
Thanks!

Posted by hplustcraft

Hmmm... So apparently, this year we will pay more ($550 for a renewal) and next year, presumably paying at least the same,  get less (only 1 VIG Companion allowed per badge). 

I guess with the demand, this is something they can get away with. 

L-

Posted by genconkeeper

Now the thing attendee's I think will be screaming bloody murder about will be the restricting the number of companion passes you can buy from three to one. Now last year I bought two for my neice and her boy friend and well I could not buy one for him in the future but some VIG's brought their wife's and their semi adult kids. The Lounge was not that crowded this year so I wonder what the deal it?

Posted by hobbun

Was the VIG registration email sent out? I haven't received anything yet.

There is a limit of only 1 VIG Companion this year?

What about number of hotel rooms? Are we still able to purchase two?

Posted by sindee

It's not about the lounge being crowded, it about everyone being able to bring a companion. I could not get a companion ticket, so I did not attend any of the VIG events except the mixer since I could buy a ticket for my fiance even though he was not a companion. I would be fine with people being able to buy extra companion badges once all the VIGs had an opportunity to buy one. That makes more sense than some people bringing three and others can't even get one. 

Posted by sindee

Dates are posted on the GenCon site...FYI

Gen Con 2016 VIG Program DetailsDates
January 6 Noon (Eastern) - January 10 11:59 pm - Early Registration for returning 2015 VIGs.
Early Renewal Price: $550
January 11 Noon (Eastern) - until sold out - General Registration for VIGs
General Registration Price: $600

Posted by noone

Ive been a vig.from 2009 and the price started at $450 went to $475 then 500 then 525 and now 550 and it went up on years when it wasnt sold out that started about 2012.  With only 100 more companion badges than vig badges 350 to 250 and all the companion badges sold out before the unrenewed vig babge being avaae limiting to one compainion per vig is over due

Posted by kaledor

I cannot find the limit to one VIG companion anywhere. I always purchase three, my wife and two sons, this will put a cramp in our meeting spot in the VIG room. ARGH!

Posted by mikeboozer

Two points of clarification.

The limit on the VIG companion badges for 2017 is for the exact reason that sindee pointed out. Feedback from our VIG's indicates that many of them are not able to get a companion badge because the badges are sold out.

The general registration for new VIG's will be via a random selection process like we did last year.
If you are interested in being a new VIG or know someone who is please have them email us at [email protected] with their name, and I will be happy to put them in the random selection process. 

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Volunteer Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by hobbun

Thanks for sending over the VIG info email, Mike. Not sure why I didn't receive it originally. 

As for limiting the VIGs to having one Companion, I will say it's something I'm not in favor of. I'm sorry to hear that it sold out for many of those, but I always made a point to buy mine when registration opened up. I would be curious to see when the VIGs, who couldn't get ahold of the Companion badges, try to purchase them. 

I would rather see it limited down to two Companion badges first, and see how that works out. 

Posted by genconkeeper

One thing to point out is the rising price of the VIG with out any change in Product. Were paying quite a bit of change to quantee a downtown hotel room, a rare item, and other items. But the other item could be improve with little effort. Since the VIG is one the important venue streams we should be treated like one. Make the VIG Lounge alittle nicer, more comfy places to sit. Decorate, get some posters up.  Change the contracts with the dealers so were not getting their cast offs and dregs. Let us use the Exhibitors side Entrance during normal opening and not the normal attendee entrance. It seems the VIG program is something that is throw together at the last minute. Just a few thoughts.
Randu

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3 4 5