VIG info
Posted by helenbb

Hello,Thanks for your participation in the VIG random selection process.Unfortunately you were not chosen for this year’s VIG Package.

Oh well. At least I tried. 

Posted by tburke0

Me neither :(  Congratulations to the lucky ones! 

Posted by wonderandawe

Me neither.   My only hope for a Downtown Hotel is for the Housing lottery gods to smile upon me.  :(

Posted by helenbb

So did anyone get it?

Posted by kjelstad helenbb

helenbb wrote:
So did anyone get it?

Well some people did.  They probably just don't want to rub it in.  

Posted by austicke

I wasn't selected, but my girlfriend was.

Posted by helenbb

That's great to see that someone got it. Congratulations to her!

Posted by big12cowboys

Neither I nor my wife were selected.

Posted by kaledor

Interesting my wife applied and did not get an email stating she did not get the VIG or go the VIG... hmmm

Posted by kjelstad kaledor

kaledor wrote:
Interesting my wife applied and did not get an email stating she did not get the VIG or go the VIG... hmmm

it didnt hit the spam did it?

Posted by david campbell

I got both the "You are in the drawing" and "Thanks for playing" email; on Gmail, nothing seemed to go into spam for me.

Posted by rabidwolf

So apparently there was a lottery to enter for people interested in purchasing a VIG ticket? Was anything ever sent out in an email becuase I don't recall ever seeing anything about it.

Posted by milkfromacow rabidwolf

rabidwolf wrote:
So apparently there was a lottery to enter for people interested in purchasing a VIG ticket? Was anything ever sent out in an email becuase I don't recall ever seeing anything about it.
Nothing was sent out. The information was given out on this forum.
It should work the same next year, as you had to send in some information to be considered.

Posted by rabidwolf

Well that's nice to know that I'll have to constantly check a forum between events to make sure I don't miss it then.
If only there was some other electronic communication tools that could be used to reach their entire audience at once instead of  burying it in the middle of a thread on a forum... ;)

Posted by dballing rabidwolf

rabidwolf wrote:
Well that's nice to know that I'll have to constantly check a forum between events to make sure I don't miss it then.
If only there was some other electronic communication tools that could be used to reach their entire audience at once instead of  burying it in the middle of a thread on a forum... ;)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

:-)

It's funny that I get bombarded by Gen Con e-mails on stuff I don't care about (who's the latest sponsor to sign up, etc.) but you can't get the e-mail you need on the thing that makes your actual attendance more enjoyable.

Posted by hawkeye

I think it was burried in one of the E-mail blasts that went out. I remember seeing it and informing one of my friends that was interested in getting a VIG badge this year.

Posted by milkfromacow hawkeye

hawkeye9723 wrote:
I think it was burried in one of the E-mail blasts that went out. I remember seeing it and informing one of my friends that was interested in getting a VIG badge this year.
There was information that a lottery would be held in one of the official GenCon emails, but there was no information about the details.  That information needed to be obtained from these forums, particularily the General Forums->VIG Info thread.

I had to specifically look for this information as well, because with the reduction in companions next year, it going to cause a significant rift in how my family enjoys GenCon, so I was attempting to get another VIG badge to keep us all together.  That didn't work out.  I expect there were only a few badges to lottery off after renewals.

Posted by austicke

I'm glad we were lucky enough to enter the VIG program this year. Got 3.5 hours for our housing wait time and all the downtown hotels were still available in the VIG housing block at that time. Whew!

Posted by lisakrich austicke

austicke wrote:
I'm glad we were lucky enough to enter the VIG program this year. Got 3.5 hours for our housing wait time and all the downtown hotels were still available in the VIG housing block at that time. Whew!
Same with us! :) Best money we have spent and we really did it to be able to get away from crowds here and there. Will renew next year too!

Posted by austicke lisakrich

lisakrich wrote:
Same with us! :) Best money we have spent and we really did it to be able to get away from crowds here and there. Will renew next year too!

Me too. With my group, we probably still would have been fine for a downtown room again this year, but I'm thinking of the long term with less hassles in future years.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
4 5 6 8