VIG info
Posted by glory mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
Some clarification here.
I have not initiated the random selection process yet. If you are on the list I will update you about this via email later today.
You are on the list if you got me the pertinent information by yesterday.
Companion Badges go on sale on January 22. This is the same time as the New VIG's will be able to buy a badge so all VIG's will have an opportunity to get them.
Mike Boozer
Customer Sevice & Volunteer Manager
Gen Con LLC

Thanks for the update!

Posted by david campbell dontadow

dontadow wrote:
david campbell wrote:
glory wrote:
Badge 108! David Campbell - watch waht you wish for! LOLI salute you!
Badge 35, i always get accolades when i go to customer service. I wonder is there anyone non working for gencon or wotc that has a lower number

Thats awesome!

Posted by david campbell mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
Some clarification here.
I have not initiated the random selection process yet. If you are on the list I will update you about this via email later today.
You are on the list if you got me the pertinent information by yesterday.
Companion Badges go on sale on January 22. This is the same time as the New VIG's will be able to buy a badge so all VIG's will have an opportunity to get them.
Mike Boozer
Customer Sevice & Volunteer Manager
Gen Con LLC

Thank you for the update!

Posted by helenbb

Just got this email.

Hello,If you are getting this email it is because you have been entered into the random selection process for a VIG badge for 2016.

I intended to do the drawing today but circumstances have made that impossible. I still do not know exactly how many spots are open for this drawing so there is no way that I can complete the process today. 

I will be completing the selection process on this coming Friday. I do not know the exact time yet. 

Be assured that if you are getting this email you are on the list for the random selection of a VIG badge. 

Once complete I will be contacting all of the winners with instructions on how to get your badge. I will also email all of you who were not selected so you will at least know that the process is complete.

Best of luck!

Best Regards,

Posted by wonderandawe

I got really excited when I saw a GenCon Email in my Inbox!

Hello,
If you are getting this email it is because you have been entered into the random selection process for a VIG badge for 2016.
I intended to do the drawing today but circumstances have made that impossible. I still do not know exactly how many spots are open for this drawing so there is no way that I can complete the process today.

I will be completing the selection process on this coming Friday. I do not know the exact time yet
Be assured that if you are getting this email you are on the list for the random selection of a VIG badge.

Once complete I will be contacting all of the winners with instructions on how to get your badge. I will also email all of you who were not selected so you will at least know that the process is complete.
Best of luck!
Best Regards,

Booo.   :(  

Posted by helenbb

Why the boo? I agree, it's disappointing that we have to wait, but Mike communicated with us and let us know what is going on.

I'm glad that he is confirming the number of badges available before doing the lottery. I would hate to be told that I have a badge and then have that taken away!

Posted by fordan

I suspect the Boo was about the let down from the "OMG IT'S AN EMAIL FROM GENCON I MUST HAVE WON THE VIG LOTTERY" feeling when the message came in. Because I felt a bit of it too. lol

Posted by wonderandawe fordan

fordan wrote:
I suspect the Boo was about the let down from the "OMG IT'S AN EMAIL FROM GENCON I MUST HAVE WON THE VIG LOTTERY" feeling when the message came in. Because I felt a bit of it too. lol

This.   

Posted by glory fordan

fordan wrote:
I swear to god my heart was in my throat for about 3 seconds before I realized. LOL

Posted by kjelstad fordan

they should just have an auction and get it over with

fordan wrote:

I just had that too!  I didn't "boo" it though.  Worse things could happen.  Like a brain tumor.  In fact this is a reason you should be rooting for me to win.  That is one more entry that will go back into the pool sooner than later!

Posted by genconkeeper

(2. On the quality of the VIG program experience - It has had its ups and downs over the past 6 years. Last year I felt a lot of frustration, partly because of the above hotel situation, but also it felt much too crowed in the lounge and without the giant bean bag chairs, there was a severe lack of comfortable seating. One of my favorite things to do after walking miles and miles was to plop down on one of those comfy chairs. I realize those were provided by a sponsor, and the couches last year were nice, but too few. The VIG bag last year was pretty good in my opinion, but honestly, it's almost always stuff I give away anyhow. I had two bad experiences with VIG room workers that I don't want to get into the details of, but it made me feel like a very unimportant gamer. All of that said, I still think the VIG program is worth it because of the VIG room block and the ability to have 3 companions.....)
Having a comfortable place to rest for a few minutes is one of the reasons I lay out the big bucks for my VIG membership.  Frankly the beanbags space wasters and I didn't get near the things. There is a way of getting some cheap furniture for the lounge for Gen Con and Peter came up with the idea at one of the 1st Gen Con House parties. Just go to Good Will and buy some counchs for cheap and return them Sunday night or just trash them. We all thought it was great idea all those years ago.

Posted by big12cowboys

Speaking of Xorbee (giant bean bag chairs), is Ben going to bring them back this year?  Last year I heard it was a scheduling conflict.  I hope that was it and that they are back this year.

Posted by god1801

VIG draft is today.

Good luck to all who are entered.

Posted by wonderandawe

Anyone get an email yet?  I've been obsessively refreshing my inbox all morning.  

Posted by verridian

what are the odds?

Posted by helenbb

Good luck to everyone!

No email here...

Posted by glory

Nothing here. :(

Posted by dontadow

hoping

Posted by inazuma99

Got my email - it said I was not selected. ;-(

Posted by audioslave

Not a winner here...

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
3 4 5 7