Event List General Questions
(Pinned)
1 3 4 5
1 3 4 5
Posted by marimaccadmin

This is the place in which you would post specific questions pertaining to the event list.  How to add things to your wishlist, what something means in a specific event description, what a specific location designation means/where it is, that sort of thing. Actual event errors go in a separate thread.

Please note that, even though the preliminary event list goes live on May 6th at noon, events will be added in every category, up to the actual convention, so please keep checking back.  In addition, there are specific categories that will have most of their events added later, including:

Industry Insiders
Film 
Anime
Writer's Symposium

Posted by truelink

Will the format of wishlist creation and submission be the same this year as last year?

Posted by marimaccadmin

Essentially.  The website will go up tomorrow at 9am with all the explanations.  

Posted by gennataos

Is there a way to get notification as events are added, or will we just need to check in periodically?

Posted by derekguder

You have to check back so often, unfortunately. I would suggest checking once a week, maybe.

Or you could follow us on Twitter & we try to send up updates for big event updates.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by rjginther

When selecting tickets for an event, what does the "Another ticket for myself" accomplish?

Also, my friend and I each have our own accounts on this site, how can we submit for events, but only get tickets if we can both attend?

Thanks,

Ron

Posted by toddg15

I noticed there's not as many Fantasy Flight Games Group run events listed (so far).  Is this expected to just be a timing issue and more of their events are expected to pop up or are they running a smaller scale event list this year?

Posted by keppy

I am new to the Wish List, and am wondering how the "Submit Wish List for processing" button works?

If I click that and have multiple options in one slot will it sell me all the tickets or just the first one I list?

Thanks!
Kerry

Posted by soulcatcher78

@keppy-

Set up your wishlist by time slot and order of importance to you.  If you have 3 games you'd like to participate in but all fall into either the same hour or close to each other the order will become important. The system will not overlap your scheduled games (unless one is listed as a tournament IIRC).

Game 1
Game 2
Game 3

the next time slot in your schedule should be

Game 4
Game 5
Game 6

With this in mind you may want to have several alternates available if you schedule heavy as the possibility of getting everything you want is low.

Once you press the submit button on launch day (May the odds be in your favor) your list will load into the queue based on a random identifier...this is why alternates are critical since game 1 and 3 may fill before you even have a chance to get loaded. 

Don't freak out if you are unable to get what you attempt...I've run a Gen Con fully loaded with games (exhausting) and I've done the opposite with nothing planned (best year ever without stress).  YMMV but in the end the Con is what you make it, not whether or not you get into that single instance of a Paranoia game that fits your schedule.

Posted by ayoung98683 soulcatcher78

soulcatcher78 wrote:The system will not overlap your scheduled games (unless one is listed as a tournament IIRC).

I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean by the bolded text. Does the system prevent one from double-booking a slot? Can I try for two events in the same slot, and cancel one later?

Posted by derekguder

You cannot double-book yourself, unless one of the events explicitly allows it.

On your wishlist, it's important to list your events in the order you want them so that if you get tickets to something, the system will skip conflicting events later in your list.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by lilyjade

You can not double book (unless it is one that specifically allows it which I have no personally dealt with).

Say you want game A at 2PM on Friday (4hr game) OR game B at 3PM Friday (4hr game). In your wishlist you would have to decide which game is most important to you. The system will then try to book that game first, but it will then NOT book the alternate game.

You're wishlist would look like (simplified):
(1) Game A 2PM Friday
(2) Game B 3PM Friday

It would attempt to book Game A first as that is in the priority slot. If it CAN book that game, then it will skip Game B as you can not have both since they take up the same time slots. If it can NOT book Game A, then it will try to book Game B next.

Posted by ayoung98683

Ok, got it. Thanks for the clarification.

Posted by suewoody

If I want to go to a single session of an event that books quickly and is offered with multiple time slots, do I set up my wishlist like this:

1) Game A at 2:00pm Friday
2) Game A at 4:00pm Friday
3) Game A at 2:00pm Saturday
4) Game A at 4:00pm Saturday

Will it only book me into my first open/available choice or my first open choice per day or all 4 if they're all open?

Thanks!

Posted by parody

All of them that don't overlap, if they're open.

Posted by keppy

Thanks to everyone for the help. 
I will definitely load up now that I do not have to worry about double booking myself.

Posted by derekguder rjginther

rjginther wrote:
When selecting tickets for an event, what does the "Another ticket for myself" accomplish?
Also, my friend and I each have our own accounts on this site, how can we submit for events, but only get tickets if we can both attend?
Thanks,
Ron

"Another ticket for myself" allows you to get a second ticket in your own name. Basically, you use that if you want to get another ticket for a friend, but you don't know who that friend is going to be or they don't have a badge yet or you haven't connected your accounts yet, etc.

It's mainly that to make it easier for folks to get tickets to play together with friends. As everyone got more and more comfortable with the friend feature, it's become less and less important.

As for the second question, when you add things to your wishlist, you can select the option to only get the tickets if everything you select is available. Both you and your friend could put the tickets in your own carts and select that option, but you'll want to double-check before you actually check out to make sure you didn't both get it.

Since each individual can have 2 tickets to any given event (by default) in their account, you could both get in and both get tickets, so be careful.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by gushon

Posted by marimaccadmin

Well, you can go to your EO/GM dashboard, to view that, which is a link under your name on the top right of the screen, when you are logged in, and you'll be able to see the status of it.

In looking at your event, it was not submitted until April 30th.  That's a week ago, and well after the event submission deadline.  I would not expect it to be reviewed and approved for quite a while, several weeks or more. 

Posted by benevolent71

My wife is connected with my account so I know that when I build my wish list I can put in requests for (a) myself, (b) my wife, and (c) both of us.

When the 15th comes and I press the button to process my wish list, will my wife have to also do the same press the button if all of her events were through my wish list?  Meaning those cases denoted as scenario (b) where only she is attending.  She will not have developed a wish list of her own.  It will all be through my account.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3 4 5
1 3 4 5