Event List General Questions
(Pinned)
1 2 3 5 7
1 2 3 5 7
Posted by dreamitdoit

Can you add events to your wish list while you are in the processing queue and have them process while you are in line? I'm slowly seeing the events in my list all fill up in front of my eyes so it would be nice to have something in the wish list when it's my turn.

Posted by mathguru83

I have to get to my FLGS to play D&D (am currently sitting in a Panera waiting on wishlist). If I close my laptop an bring it with me, will I get booted from my spot?

Posted by derekguder dreamitdoit

dreamitdoit wrote:
Can you add events to your wish list while you are in the processing queue and have them process while you are in line? I'm slowly seeing the events in my list all fill up in front of my eyes so it would be nice to have something in the wish list when it's my turn.

No, I don't believe you can add anything to your wish list while it is being processed.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by derekguder mathguru83

mathguru83 wrote:
I have to get to my FLGS to play D&D (am currently sitting in a Panera waiting on wishlist). If I close my laptop an bring it with me, will I get booted from my spot?

You should be fine, as long as you won't be away from the site for too long.

You don't need to keep your computer open to maintain your position. Just make sure to check back regularly to make sure you can check out once everything is processed.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by that1guy

How do I stop my wishlist once it starts processing? Everything on it is sold out an I'm over 3000 in line.

Posted by parody

You can't.  Might as well look other stuff up while you wait.  (Some of those tickets might get removed from other's shopping carts, though.)

Posted by that1guy parody

parody wrote:
You can't.  Might as well look other stuff up while you wait.  (Some of those tickets might get removed from other's shopping cards, though.)
This is stupid. So now I need to wait for over an hour on a list with no available tickets. While simultaneously being prevented from trying to get new tickets for an equal amount of time.

Posted by chance gardener

I need to cancel a chosen event.
How is that done?

Posted by derekguder chance gardener

chance gardener wrote:
How is that done?

From your homepage:

• You can return tickets you purchased for yourself or tickets purchased by someone else for you (the original purchaser will receive the system credit).
  • Event tickets are displayed under the “Tickets by Event” header – on the right side of this header is a return option. Click “Return”.
  • Your tickets will be displayed with a check box next each one. Check the box on the left for each ticket you wish to return.
  • Click “Confirm” on the right side of the “Tickets by Event” header to return those tickets to inventory.

From your transactions page: 

• Event tickets are displayed by transaction under individual transaction headers. On the right side of each transaction header is a return option. Click “Return”.
  • Your tickets will be displayed with a check box next each one. You will see the event description, the recipient and the cost. Check the box on the left for each ticket you wish to return and then hit “Submit” found on the bottom left side of the page. Make sure the tickets you are returning are for the correct recipient (yourself or a friend).

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by marimaccadmin chance gardener

chance gardener wrote:
How is that done?

You can refund it yourself to system credit, or email [email protected], if you need a different kind of refund.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by dreamitdoit

I haven't seen it said enough, but the online ticket return system is a huge win for the user and for the convention. Kudos to the team for implementing this.

Posted by nwohennig

I cannot find any Magic: The Gathering events. Has Pastimes not turned in their events yet?

Posted by derekguder

Their events are still being processed. They will be live as soon as they're finalized.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by stinfo

Hi, It is expected some magic tournament during the 4 days.

And in case of positive answer, which formats!

Thanks

Stefano

Posted by derekguder

If you are asking whether there will be Magic events, the answer is yes.

You can review the formats when the schedule is released.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by hauntedcity

Here's a request... Would you add the ability to add sold-out events to our Wish List?  That way, if an event opens up, we could quickly submit our Wish List, instead of having to search for events, select ourselves and our friends, and then add to cart.  For some high-demand events, seconds matter!

I'd also like to be able to select Friends & Family for the Wish List, even if there aren't enough open spots. For example, let's say an event has 2 current openings, but I only want the ticket if I can play with 2 of my friends.  I'd like to add all 3 of us to the Wish List with the "Only purchase if everyone gets in" option checked. 

Thanks!

Posted by bpunkert

OK, slightly different question. Someone else bought me a ticket to an event that we then backed out of because she has a D+D track pass. She said she returned my ticket and gave me the generics but it's still in my event list. I want to book other things that are of more interest to me in that time slot but I'm concerned the system won't let me because of the double booking function.  I can't cancel it from my event list and my packets only allows me to remove things I paid for. 

Is there some way *I* can remove it, or do I have to ask her to look into it?

Posted by marimaccadmin

Was this for an ENT event?  It looks like she cancelled her ticket to it, and someone else's, but not yours.  She did buy you generics seperately, but you can't trade a ticket for generics in our system.  She can return the actual event ticket for system credit right now, or you can emaiil [email protected] and ask them to.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by bpunkert

We got it sorted out this morning. Thanks for the prompt reply, Marina. 

Posted by marimaccadmin

Great! Glad it worked out. :)

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 2 3 5 7
1 2 3 5 7