Event List General Questions
(Pinned)
1 3 5 6 7
1 3 5 6 7
Posted by derekguder

Go to an event and add it to your wish list - until you add something, it doesn't exist, basically.

Once you've added an event, your wish list will appear at the top right, when you hover over your name.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by sheepy

Ah, thank you. I must say, that wasn't as intuitive as one would expect.

Posted by drmean

A number of the RPG events I've been looking at don't have locations listed. Is there a central location for most RPGs like the miniatures or are they spread out all over the place at the various hotels?

Trying to determine if I can schedule 2 RPGs back to back. I know the first is at the Hyatt, but have no idea where the second one is. I can't really sign up for it if there is a chance it is in the ICC or Union Station or something like that. I wouldn't be able to get there in time.

Posted by jreinfried

I want to buy five True Dungeon tickets when events open on Sunday, but from what I remember in the past you can only buy up to two on your username. Is this right? How can I buy all five under my username for each member in our group to ensure we all get the same day and time for TD before it all sells out?

Thanks!

Posted by marimaccadmin

True Dungeon is one of the excepted events, for which you can buy the entire run.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by jreinfried

Posted by jreinfried

Posted by jreinfried marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
True Dungeon is one of the excepted events, for which you can buy the entire run.
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC
Thanks! So when I log in, how do I do it for five people? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've never been the person organizing everything, and I want to make sure I have everything figured out before Sunday since we can't see the events pages yet.

Posted by marimaccadmin

Not to put you off, but I think rather than me type it out, it's going to be clearer if you watch this video, but please feel free to ask any questions you might still have after watching this:

https://youtu.be/pBkxLWQoO9k

Posted by marimaccadmin

And to be clear, that also explains how to create you wish list now; you can absolutely see your events page and put things on your wish list now, and you should ABSOLUTELY do that.

marimaccadmin wrote:
And to be clear, that also explains how to create you wish list now; you can absolutely see your events page and put things on your wish list now, and you should ABSOLUTELY do that.
Thank you so, so much!!!

One more question: I can't find Artemis in the search. Is it not at GenCon this year?

Posted by marimaccadmin

There will almost certainly be Artemis and/or Artemis like bridge simulators; we're working some kinks out on those potential events now.  They almost certainly won't be live in the system before event reg goes live on Sunday.  They're very likely going to run on the hour, for an hour.  But I don't have any more specifics than that.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

marimaccadmin wrote:
There will almost certainly be Artemis and/or Artemis like bridge simulators; we're working some kinks out on those potential events now.  They almost certainly won't be live in the system before event reg goes live on Sunday.  They're very likely going to run on the hour, for an hour.  But I don't have any more specifics than that.
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Awesome, thanks so much for your help!

Posted by rjginther derekguder

derekguder wrote:
rjginther wrote:
When selecting tickets for an event, what does the "Another ticket for myself" accomplish?
Also, my friend and I each have our own accounts on this site, how can we submit for events, but only get tickets if we can both attend?
Thanks,
Ron

"Another ticket for myself" allows you to get a second ticket in your own name. Basically, you use that if you want to get another ticket for a friend, but you don't know who that friend is going to be or they don't have a badge yet or you haven't connected your accounts yet, etc.It's mainly that to make it easier for folks to get tickets to play together with friends. As everyone got more and more comfortable with the friend feature, it's become less and less important.
As for the second question, when you add things to your wishlist, you can select the option to only get the tickets if everything you select is available. Both you and your friend could put the tickets in your own carts and select that option, but you'll want to double-check before you actually check out to make sure you didn't both get it.
Since each individual can have 2 tickets to any given event (by default) in their account, you could both get in and both get tickets, so be careful.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC
Thanks Derek

Posted by pyro501

My friends and I are first timers and we've read that True Dungeon can be hard to get into. So if we are wanting four tickets is there a particular day and/or time that is not in as high demand as others? I know about the wish list and all, but I'd hate to waste my time by picking the day and time everyone is going for. 

Posted by gmbuell

Is there any way to deliberately book events that overlap time slots? The FFG Game of Thrones and Warhammer tournaments overlap but since the Warhammer one starts 3 hours earlier, I'd like tickets for both so I can see how I do the first three rounds and drop out and switch to Thrones if it's a train wreck.

Posted by derekguder

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Not all events block out your schedule, so sometimes you can double-book yourself (deliberately or otherwise). By default, tournaments allow you to do so - in this case you should be able to swing it.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by ayoung98683

What's the procedure for adding additional events/tickets once the wishlist has been processed?

Posted by derekguder

You'll just be able to go to individual events and add them to your cart to check out, assuming everyone has the appropriate badges, there are no conflicts, and all the tickets you want are available.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by anneep

Will it work for two of us to make two different wish lists that are slightly different and on each list put that we are buying tickets for the other person. For example if I list game A at 2 PM rank 1 and my friend lists his rank 1 as game B that is also at 2Pm and we both submit the list would there be a conflict getting both of those into the cart or only once we actually tried to purchase the tickets that are at  a conflicting time? I hope I am even making sense :)

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3 5 6 7
1 3 5 6 7