Event List General Questions
(Pinned)
2 4 5 6
2 4 5 6
Posted by derekguder

Everyone's wishlist is their own and only in their account. If you add tickets for someone else to your wishlist, they're on your wishlist. There is no connection to their account until the tickets are actually purchased.

She could certainly prepare her own, separate wishlist, but it would be a new, separate one.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by casien

Are you able to cancel an event ticket at a later time?

Posted by austicke casien

casien wrote:
Are you able to cancel an event ticket at a later time?

Refunds

Generic tickets are only refunded via system credit. There is no cash refund on generic tickets. System credits do not expire and can be used to purchase badges or tickets for any future Gen Con Indy.

Event-specific ticket refunds must be requested at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the event. If an event has been cancelled, please see the area Hall Captain for further instructions. No refunds for cancelled events will be given without a stamp or signature from the Hall Captain.

All ticket refunds are subject to a 5% administrative fee per the total sum of tickets refunded. The deadline for obtaining a ticket refund onsite is 4:00 pm on Sunday, August 7, 2016.

Posted by dezy

Thanks for that!

I guess searching and reading is fundamental =(.

Posted by derekguder

Tickets can also be returned online for system credit before pre-reg closes (before midnight June 19), so if you see something cool in the later events that are added, you can swap something out.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by trajan man derekguder

derekguder wrote:
rjginther wrote:
When selecting tickets for an event, what does the "Another ticket for myself" accomplish?
Also, my friend and I each have our own accounts on this site, how can we submit for events, but only get tickets if we can both attend?
Thanks,
Ron

"Another ticket for myself" allows you to get a second ticket in your own name. Basically, you use that if you want to get another ticket for a friend, but you don't know who that friend is going to be or they don't have a badge yet or you haven't connected your accounts yet, etc.It's mainly that to make it easier for folks to get tickets to play together with friends. As everyone got more and more comfortable with the friend feature, it's become less and less important.
As for the second question, when you add things to your wishlist, you can select the option to only get the tickets if everything you select is available. Both you and your friend could put the tickets in your own carts and select that option, but you'll want to double-check before you actually check out to make sure you didn't both get it.
Since each individual can have 2 tickets to any given event (by default) in their account, you could both get in and both get tickets, so be careful.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

What happens if you both get in, and both get tickets?  Wouldn't you be able to cancel tickets that you don't need?  My friend and I were thinking of doing this for a couple of events that we really wanted to be able to attend.  Would we possibly just end up with extra tickets that we couldn't do anything with?

Also, as this is my first year registering early, and only second overall, I didn't understand the whole "connected accounts" thing that you mentioned.  What is that?

Posted by derekguder

Whether you both could get in depends on how many tickets you were trying to get, ultimately.

Each account can hold up to 2 tickets to any given event, by default. So if I set up a wishlist for 1 ticket for me and 1 ticket for you - and you do the exact same thing - then we both could in theory end up with 2 tickets to the event.

If, however, I put 2 tickets for myself on my wish list and you put 2 tickets for yourself on yours, then that would complicate things if we also tried to buy tickets for the other person as well. What kind of problem that would cause (if any) would depend on whether each of us had selected "only get tickets if all are available" or not.

Once tickets get added to your carts, you can both check in with each other and drop any excess tickets, of course - and that's part of why y'all shouldn't be too concerned if you don't get your first event picks - some things are likely to open up.

Does that make sense?

And "connected" events just refers to adding someone as a friend so you can buy them tickets or they can do that for you. That allows someone to plan events for a big group of friends without having to get a million tickets in their own name.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by gedwards

Hi, a couple of Mayfair games questions. 

1.  Will there be any issues of overlap with the Mayfair Ribbon or the Git-togethers?

2.   Are the tickets for those unlimited as listed in the description, or are there one available only 100?

Posted by derekguder

The Mayfair ribbon will not block out your schedule, but the git-togethers will, unless Mayfair wants to confirm that they should not. They're 4-hour events, though, so they're set up just like normal.

Which specific events? I would check them online in the system, where it should show it they are unlimited or not. Unfortunately, the catalog export still lists a maximum number of players.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by gedwards

ZED1697907 shows 100 tickets available, but in the description it shows "Available Tickets: unlimited". Both are from the online system. 

Posted by derekguder

Can you provide a link to the listing online? I suspect you're not actually viewing it on our web site: https://www.gencon.com/events/97907

That shows "Tickets Available: unlimited" and "Maximum Players: Unlimited."

For the git-togethers, I spoke with Mayfair and confirmed they want to open it up, so those won't block out schedules now.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by gedwards

Thanks for your time. The 100 tickets I saw was when I did a search for the event. It shows before actually clicking in the event description. I'm viewing in Safari from an iPad if that makes a difference. 

https://www.gencon.com/event_finder/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search=Mayfair&exp%5B%5D=no&exp%5B%5D=so&exp%5B%5D=ep&ag%5B%5D=un&ag%5B%5D=eo&ag%5B%5D=tn&ag%5B%5D=ma&ag%5B%5D=tw&opt%5B%5D=ta&opt%5B%5D=hh

Posted by derekguder

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for catching that. I'll report it to dev. Not sure if it's something we can fix for this year, honestly.

Ultimately, the "unlimited" in the event listing itself is more accurate.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by rvhguy

I am trying to make sense a little bit of how wish lists work.

Let's say Person A is friends with Person B and C -- all of them are connected accounts.

Person A puts Event 1 at Time T on their wishlist, asking for a ticket for A, B, and C.
Person B puts Event 2 at Time T on their wishlist, asking for a ticket for A, B, and C.

I know that within one person's wish list times can't overlap -- so Person A couldn't buy tickets for both Event 1 and Event 2 (since they are both at Time T.)

Is that tracked across wish lists? So if Person A has gotten tickets for all three friends for Event 1 at Time T, will Person B be able to get tickets for all three friends for a different event (Event 2) also at Time T?

Posted by marimaccadmin

Yes, there should be a time conflict, as long as they are both attempting to buy tickets for specific people, for events that run at the same time. Whoever's event list processes first will get all three tickets for all three people for either event one or event two, IF tickets are still available.  Unless you check the button saying, only get tickets if all our available, it's possible that, if less than three tickets are left, that someone could get a ticket for one or two people for event 1, and then the next person would get tickets to event 2 for those people that did not get event 1 tickets; again providing there were tickets left to be had.

Essentially the same thing could be accomplished if BOTH person A and person B put Event 1 at Time T on their wishlist AND Event 2 at time T on their wishlist. It would just be that both wishlists were trying for the same events.  Personally, I see no reason not to do that.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by casien

Once the wish list is uploaded, we will then be taken to a cart with our tickets? From there we can remove any tickets we do not want, then checkout?

Posted by derekguder

Yes.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by skystalker

What if I want to make sure that I get an event that is listed at multiple different times, e.g. Thursday at 3 PM and Saturday at 5PM, but the same event. So, I list both and the second, or lower, choice will automatically be disallowed, or do I have a chance to delete one of them  from the list if they are duplicated there before it is billed?

Posted by derekguder

The only checking the system does it whether you are already booked for another event at the same time.

If you add multiple sessions of the same game and they don't overlap, it will attempt to get you tickets to all of them and you'll need to drop unused tickets from your cart.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by sheepy

I don't seem to have a link to a Wish List... I've tried IE and Firefox on my work computer, and Chrome on a mobile device not connected to the work network, and there is no Wish List. I've purchased a badge, and it shows I've purchased a badge, but there is no place for me to build Wish List.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
2 4 5 6
2 4 5 6