Event List General Questions
(Pinned)
1 2 4 6 7
1 2 4 6 7
Posted by derekguder

Separate wish lists are separate. There is absolutely no connection from one to another.

If you build & submit separate wish lists, they will be processed separately as normal. Whatever tickets one gets has no impact whatsoever on the other, other than beyond the normal ways that tickets already in an account will impact wish list processing:

• The first wish list will be processed, adding successful tickets to the appropriate accounts.
  • The second wish list will be processed, and any tickets already listed in either account (from the successes on the first wish list) will cause conflicts and block schedules as normal.

Remember that for most events, any given account can hold 2 tickets to any given event, so if I put 1 ticket for each us on my wish list and you do the same, we will both end up with 2 tickets (assuming tickets are still available at the time both wish lists are processed). If we had a third friend and we all put 1 ticket for all three of us on all our wish lists, whichever wish list was processed third would get nothing.

That's assuming the wish lists are all just the same events in the same order and that no one selected "another ticket for myself" or "only get tickets if all are available," of course.

If the events differ, then whichever wish list is processed first will lock in the schedule for the later lists.

The moral of this story is:

• Stop worrying & just build your wish list and put your events in order of how much you want them.
  • Only link accounts as friends with people you actually want to be able to block out your schedule.
  • Double-check the tickets and number of tickets you have in your cart before checking out.
  • If you're going to do some complicated multi-wish-list-web-of-connections thing, make sure everyone is online and can communicate quickly so you can confirm and drop tickets from carts if necessary.

Hope that clears up any remaining confusion.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by kazar

I am buying tickets for a friend, who has friended me.  I can see their badge but not their wish list to purchase for them tomorrow as they are traveling.  Do I actually have to add what they want to my wish list?  It will it magically appear tomorrow?

Posted by derekguder

Yes. There is no way to see or gain access to someone else's wish list.

You can only view, manipulate, or submit your own.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by sakurawinters

I am sorry if this has been asked in answered in another thread, but I am purchasing tickets for a friend that can't be at a computer tomorrow.  I have friended him and have placed his events in my wishlist in his name.  I want tickets for a different event in the same time slot as his.  Will this cause a conflict and not let me get tickets for one of the events?

Posted by derekguder

If you are not getting tickets for yourself to an event, it should not create a conflict.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by drea2go

I am trying to buy tickets to a game for myself, my husband and my children, who are all linked to my account. It is a game that I really want to play and they are all willing to play to. But, it is more important that I get at least one spot as opposed to all four of us getting a spot. My question is if we only end up getting 2 tickets instead of 4 tickets, does it matter which person ended up getting the tickets? Can anyone use them at that point or are they tied to that specific person. 

Hopefully that makes sense. Thanks!

Posted by derekguder

Names on tickets are not matched to badges, so if you want to shuffle around attendance in the end, that's fine.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by drea2go

Thank you Derek! I have to say, as a first time attender, I have been very pleased and impressed with the level of support and care that I have seen so far. Finding Events was a very simple interface overall, although overwhelming with the amount of options, and I loved the spreadsheet, which I utilized extensively. The Wishlist has been very intuitive and being able to rank items desired is wonderful. A big thank you to all that you and everyone else behind the scenes!

Posted by anneep

How long once your tickets are in your cart do you have to purchase those tickets before you lose them? 

Posted by marimaccadmin

Your cart is dropped after TWO HOURS of inactivity on your account.

Posted by derekguder

2 hours.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by kylemeidell

If I'm trying to register for an event that has two flights of preliminary rounds, and I succeed in getting one of the flights from my wish list, what happens to the other flight?  I assume the reg. software doesn't know to deconflict them.  Should I just try to register for both and then unregister for one?

(Fantasy FLight Games: X-Wing N.American Championships, and no, you can't play on both flights.)

Posted by derekguder

You are correct - if they don't overlap, the system will not know to prevent you from getting the second event. You can register for both and drop one ticket in your cart before you check out.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by parody

Yes, try for them both if that's what you want.  If you get them both you can remove the extra before checking out.

Edit: Sigh.  Too slow today. :)

Posted by ad3037

Will the Submit button activate without refreshing the browser session?

Posted by derekguder

It should, yes. But you can refresh if you seem to be running into an issue.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by colinmccomb

Each of my family members has a full access 4 day badge. However, we're getting errors when we try to add events to our wishlists. It says they do not have a badge for when this event starts, or their badge does not provide them access to it.

Posted by drea2go

So if I am in the 5,000's for processing....does anyone have an approximate feel for how long it will be to process? Minutes? Half an hour? Hours?

Posted by derekguder colinmccomb

colinmccomb wrote:
Each of my family members has a full access 4 day badge. However, we're getting errors when we try to add events to our wishlists. It says they do not have a badge for when this event starts, or their badge does not provide them access to it.

Chances are they don't have a badge in the account that you are trying to add tickets for. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to sort that out - you'll want to email all your details to [email protected] so we can get the different accounts sorted out.

In the mean time, you might want to just try to sign into each individual account and see what you can set up quickly.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by derekguder drea2go

drea2go wrote:
So if I am in the 5,000's for processing....does anyone have an approximate feel for how long it will be to process? Minutes? Half an hour? Hours?

It may take a an hour or two to process all wish lists, assuming all goes well.

I would go do something fun (play a game!) and check back intermittently to confirm your queue position.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 2 4 6 7
1 2 4 6 7