Event List General Questions (Pinned)
2 3 4 6
2 3 4 6
Normal
Small
Posted by kysp

I accidentally bought a ticket for a friend, and that friend doesn't want to use the ticket. I want to give my friend's ticket to a different friend - no problem. But friend #1 has the event on her schedule, creating a conflict for her, even though she has no plans to use the ticket I bought her. Suggestions?

Normal
Small
Posted by kysp

Another problem: I have tickets to an event with friends that I bought only to fill an empty spot on my schedule. Today, a new event opened up that I'm dying to go to (a seminar with lots of available tickets). Can I transfer my ticket to my filler event to a different friend, since other mutual friends have the other tickets at that table? Or do I have to refund them and put them back into the general pool?

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

One either you or the recipient of the ticket refunds it, their schedule will open up.

Until one of you do so, it will continue to block their schedule and they will not be able to register for a conflicting event.

Refund it and immediately buy it again for the other friend.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder kysp

kysp wrote:
Another problem: I have tickets to an event with friends that I bought only to fill an empty spot on my schedule. Today, a new event opened up that I'm dying to go to (a seminar with lots of available tickets). Can I transfer my ticket to my filler event to a different friend, since other mutual friends have the other tickets at that table? Or do I have to refund them and put them back into the general pool?

There is no transferring of tickets or badges. You have to refund it and rebuy it if you want to move it from one name to another.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by kysp

That was fast. Thanks Derek!

Normal
Small
Posted by jedikitty

Just seeking some clarifications about open crafting room this year..

We need tickets ? (that's fine, just checking)
If so, what if we want to leave and come back - do we hang onto our tickets so we can show them again, or ?

Thanks ! :D

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin jedikitty

jedikitty wrote:
Just seeking some clarifications about open crafting room this year..
We need tickets ? (that's fine, just checking)
If so, what if we want to leave and come back - do we hang onto our tickets so we can show them again, or ?
Thanks ! :D

No, it's listed as tickets not needed, and you can't buy tickets in the system; it's been listed this way in the past, though not last year; it's basically to let people know the room exists, and, as stated in the event listing, you can just drop in at any time it's open. :)

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by jedikitty marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
jedikitty wrote:
Just seeking some clarifications about open crafting room this year..
We need tickets ? (that's fine, just checking)
If so, what if we want to leave and come back - do we hang onto our tickets so we can show them again, or ?
Thanks ! :D

No, it's listed as tickets not needed, and you can't buy tickets in the system; it's been listed this way in the past, though not last year; it's basically to let people know the room exists, and, as stated in the event listing, you can just drop in at any time it's open. :)Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Oh, I see now - I was looking at one of the non-official event databases where it just says there's 100 tickets available that are free. Thanks for the help !

Normal
Small
Posted by nwohennig

I still don't see any of the Magic:The Gathering events posted. Is Pastimes still running them this year, and if so, when will they have them on here to purchase? Will that be before pre registration ends?

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

Magic events took some extra coordination. They were just activated now.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by aaronr derekguder

derekguder wrote:
Magic events took some extra coordination. They were just activated now.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Thanks Derek!

Can you explain what is up with the "Beginning Rounds" and "Final Rounds" events?

Thanks again!

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder aaronr

aaronr wrote:
derekguder wrote:
Magic events took some extra coordination. They were just activated now.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Thanks Derek!Can you explain what is up with the "Beginning Rounds" and "Final Rounds" events?
Thanks again!

They are exactly that: beginning rounds are entry rounds/qualifiers for each tournament and the final rounds are the later rounds, after a number of players are likely to have dropped out, based on their record.

It's the same as other tournaments at the convention, just labeled "Beginning/Final" instead of Entry/Qualifer/Semi-Final/Final, etc.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by god1801 derekguder

derekguder wrote:
aaronr wrote:
derekguder wrote:
Magic events took some extra coordination. They were just activated now.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Thanks Derek!Can you explain what is up with the "Beginning Rounds" and "Final Rounds" events?
Thanks again!

They are exactly that: beginning rounds are entry rounds/qualifiers for each tournament and the final rounds are the later rounds, after a number of players are likely to have dropped out, based on their record.It's the same as other tournaments at the convention, just labeled "Beginning/Final" instead of Entry/Qualifer/Semi-Final/Final, etc.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

I think he's more curious why it's 2 events instead of 1 since you don't need "qualify" for the last set of rounds since they are swiss events.

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

Because many players will drop out part way through the event, based on their record. For a 64 or 128-player event, that means lots and lots of empty tables if it's not broken up into 2 separate events for tracking.

Ultimately, you "qualify" for the final rounds by signing up for the beginning rounds.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by aaronr derekguder

derekguder wrote:
Because many players will drop out part way through the event, based on their record. For a 64 or 128-player event, that means lots and lots of empty tables if it's not broken up into 2 separate events for tracking.
Ultimately, you "qualify" for the final rounds by signing up for the beginning rounds.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

That makes sense. Thanks again for all the work you do!

Normal
Small
Posted by israel

Hello, im new to the site and considering attending this year. 

Will this event have Tekken 7, by namco, perhaps? 

Normal
Small
Posted by quuids

Hello,

I would like to drop two of my tickets for an event.  I searched and found directions on how to do it but I have no "return" option when I go to my homepage or transactions.  Is this because I ordered shipping?  How can I return these tickets? 

Thanks!

-Quuids

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

Hi,

Because tickets are already being printed and shipped, you'll have to return tickets onsite at this point.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by wbc marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
Hi,
Because tickets are already being printed and shipped, you'll have to return tickets onsite at this point.
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC
Hi Marian (or anyone)

What if we want to drop an event in order to add a different event, e.g. because of a conflict? Is there no way to do this? 

It seems like the system is inflexible and needlessly penalizes attendees who manage their schedule early as well as organizers who had their events added later (regardless of reason). 

Thanks,
Bill

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke wbc

wbc wrote:What if we want to drop an event in order to add a different event, e.g. because of a conflict? Is there no way to do this?

You can do it; but, now that pre-registration has ended, you can only do it onsite at Gen Con. Just go to Customer Service.
 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
2 3 4 6
2 3 4 6