What time did you get?
Posted by marzulloj

After refreshing a ton of times, I was able to get a JW King room.

Posted by jolt jobeth66

jobeth66 wrote:
the evil lord rayken wrote:
Absolutely no downtown rooms left.
Oh well, won't be going this year.

You can still get a downtown room if you watch the site for people looking to get rid of their rooms.  There were a bunch last year, I'm betting there will be a bunch this year as well.  I wouldn't give up now, I'd just keep an eye on the forums and on Hotels.com/Priceline until you can't get a refund on your badge.  You've got plenty of time.

You can't buy or sell rooms on the forums.  

Posted by rayken

There are no more downtown rooms.

Posted by marimaccadmin

At this second may be, but people will drop rooms.  You just have to be persistent.

Posted by bluesky

1 hour 35 minute wait time, no downtown left when I got in :(

Posted by ellis1138

Persistent? You mean that, after waiting until my wait time to get into the system, I now have to spend over 30 minutes looking/refreshing just in the hopes that the people who got in before me dropped a room? Hoorah.

Posted by droopymccool49 ellis1138

ellis1138 wrote:
Persistent? You mean that, after waiting until my wait time to get into the system, I now have to spend over 30 minutes looking/refreshing just in the hopes that the people who got in before me dropped a room? Hoorah.
More like months of late nights hitting refresh...

Posted by marzulloj ellis1138

ellis1138 wrote:
Yes. That's how I got one.

Posted by kjelstad

I don't know if they dump the VIG rooms into the regular block after everyone has booked but it still has everything other than suites.  I would keep checking back over the next few months.

Looking at our list of rooms booked, eight people booked five rooms at Marriott Downtown and one at the JW.  I'm guessing a couple will get canceled.

Posted by vanth

For those of you who are enduring the sick feeling of wondering if there are any close rooms left, the closest rooms currently available are 7 miles out. Sorry... :(

Posted by lore seeker droopymccool49

droopymccool49 wrote:
ellis1138 wrote:
More like months of late nights hitting refresh...

Pretty much.

Posted by nightmaren

I don't show anything, not even the rooms that are miles away, I have a blank page regardless of how long I extend or shorten my reservation, for 1 person.

Posted by flailbear

Welp, game over I guess.

Posted by catsclaw timbery30

timbery30 wrote:
Play around with the days and keep trying. I did that and within five minutes found a room that was dumped at the JW Marriott. So we went from a 7 mile away stay to right across the road. Keep trying!

So we're intended to sit on the housing portal hitting refresh, hoping something pops up? That's incredibly stupid. This whole process is shit.

Posted by argoebel

I am seeing a room for Marriott downtown.  Select for 2 people and do not view available rooms only, for some reason.  But it shows Aug 3-7 available (nights of 3-6)

Edit:  Seems gone.

Posted by catsclaw vanth

vanth wrote:
For those of you who are enduring the sick feeling of wondering if there are any close rooms left, the closest rooms currently available are 7 miles out. Sorry... :(

14 miles, now.

Posted by holien

Joy 24 mins to go...  I will switch off the lights when I leave...

;)

This whole room mularky does make you wonder why you bother trying...

Ohh well c'est la vie...

Posted by sugoiben flailbear

flailbear wrote:
Welp, game over I guess.

Back to shovelling snow I go.

Posted by catsclaw catsclaw

catsclaw wrote:
vanth wrote:

14 miles, now.

Oh, no. I'm wrong. For those looking now, be aware the controls for sorting (and everything else, I imaging) are buggy. If you choose a sort method, then redo your search, it won't necessarily resort your results unless you reselect the sort options. So I wouldn't trust any of the results you see, without double checking everything.

Posted by ace del_grande

del_grande wrote:
ace wrote:
When are they going to set up a convienent round the clock shuttle service that runs every 10-15 minutes to make hotels outside of downtown practical? I wouldn't mind staying outside of downtown if there was an easy, fast, reliable way to get between the hotel and the con at any time.

What do you think this would cost?  

For the Gen Con, it would be like peeing in the Ocean. It would be peanuts. At 60,000+ attendees, maybe add a few more dollars to each badge. The cost of providing this service is well worth the benefit to the overall Gen Con experience. The fact that they aren't already providing such a shuttle service is probably costing them money in loss of attendence and consumer dollars. Alternatively, if its not fair to raise all badge prices (which should be a tiny amount), then they can add a surcharge to the cost of outside hotels.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
5 6 7 9 11