What time did you get?
2 3 4 6 8 9 10
2 3 4 6 8 9 10
Posted by johnewil

No, you are randomly assigned a time at noon as long as you bought a badge before noon. Buying a badge after noon today should go to end of line.

Posted by jolt pezhead53

pezhead53 wrote:
jolt wrote:
I'm irritated that it doesn't matter what time you log into the housing system.  I was ready to go right at noon and have an almost 3 hour wait.  A friend logged in 5 mintes ago and has a 15 minute wait.
I thought they were supposed to go to the end of the line if they weren't here at noon.

That's what I thought too but it's definitely not happening.  What the hell's going to be available after 3 hours? That's like saying, "Thanks for buying our $90 badge but don't bother coming."

Posted by rayken

Does anybody know if the downtown hotels are still open?

Posted by marimaccadmin jolt

jolt wrote:
pezhead53 wrote:
jolt wrote:
I'm irritated that it doesn't matter what time you log into the housing system.  I was ready to go right at noon and have an almost 3 hour wait.  A friend logged in 5 mintes ago and has a 15 minute wait.
I thought they were supposed to go to the end of the line if they weren't here at noon.

That's what I thought too but it's definitely not happening.  What the hell's going to be available after 3 hours? That's like saying, "Thanks for buying our $90 badge but don't bother coming."

No, you didn't have to be logged in at noon, you just had to have your badge bought at noon.  All bought badges were assigned a random time, whether you were logged in at noon or not.  So you only go to the end of the line if you BOUGHT a badge after noon.

Posted by selene314

I got 1:13 this year. Bought my badge Saturday morning. Last year it was around 3:30.

Posted by droopymccool49

Yep, this wait list thing is going to be garbage. You have to have a room to even use the wait list.

Posted by timbery30

I believe each badge gets assigned a time regardless of if you log in on time or not. If you bought your badge after noon, then I do believe they get shunted to the back of the line, but if the badge was bought prior to that, then you have the same chance as everyone else.

Posted by sugoiben rayken

the evil lord rayken wrote:
Does anybody know if the downtown hotel are still open?
Someone over on reddit is giving updates on availability every ten minutes or so. According to that, there are still a half-dozen downtown hotels open. 

Posted by fjpicone

How do people get out of block? I tried a few years ago but the hotels wouldn't even consider it?

--FJP

Posted by marimaccadmin timbery30

timbery30 wrote:
I believe each badge gets assigned a time regardless of if you log in on time or not. If you bought your badge after noon, then I do believe they get shunted to the back of the line, but if the badge was bought prior to that, then you have the same chance as everyone else.

That's correct.

Posted by bootylactin

Downtown hotels are gone now. I take that back, a couple just popped back up, or my search was jacked, not sure which.

Posted by rayken sugoiben

sugoiben wrote:
Does anybody know if the downtown hotel are still open?
Someone over on reddit is giving updates on availability every ten minutes or so. According to that, there are still a half-dozen downtown hotels open. 

Okay cool. I was assuming they'd be available for quite a while considering they are pretty expensive and there's thousands of rooms. 

Posted by sugoiben timbery30

timbery30 wrote:
So the hope is then, that lots of ppl that bought badges are too busy shoveling snow to log in and check their time.

Posted by rayken bootylactin

bootylactin wrote:
Downtown hotels are gone now. 
All of them?!

Posted by dballing fjpicone

fjpicone wrote:
How do people get out of block? I tried a few years ago but the hotels wouldn't even consider it?

Vulturing the hotel sites between 13-11 months before Gen Con, waiting to see if rooms become available in the automated reservation system with the hotel before the local hotel management locks out the majority of the hotel for Gen Con's use.

Posted by bootylactin

I take that back, a couple just popped back up, or my search was jacked, not sure which.

Posted by sugoiben dballing

dballing wrote:
fjpicone wrote:

Vulturing the hotel sites between 13-11 months before Gen Con, waiting to see if rooms become available in the automated reservation system with the hotel before the local hotel management locks out the majority of the hotel for Gen Con's use. 
Ya, but then you aren't paying the Con rate. Looked into that and some of the downtown ones wanted $450 a night. Ouch!

Posted by lore seeker rayken

bootylactin wrote:
All of them?!

Well, they went after about an hour last year, and that was with that "cutting in line" exploit. So not too surprising.

Posted by rayken lore seeker

father bloodlust wrote:
bootylactin wrote:
All of them?!

Well, they went after about an hour last year, and that was with that "cutting in line" exploit. So not too surprising.

That's weird, because on Reddit they said 10 minutes ago a ton were still open.

Posted by marzulloj fjpicone

fjpicone wrote:
--FJP
You can still book many connected downtown rooms outside of the block via the hotel's website. However, you're going to have to pay much more per night to do so.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
2 3 4 6 8 9 10
2 3 4 6 8 9 10