It is interesting to see just how little Gen Con and the community on these forums seems to care about feedback and suggestions to fix problems at the convention, especially if they disagree with the "We have no problems Gen Con is the best quit your whining Yay Gen Con!" mindset.
Sure I could couch my criticisms while hiding around a "lanyard" joke, but really I am just annoyed with the moderators for not closing this thread as soon as it started. Basically this is just a reopening of already closed threads, and building on another thread that was pretty much another reopening of a closed thread.
Why should we bother giving feedback if Gen Con doesn't care? Why try to offer constructive criticism if the moderators don't care if people build threads around making fun of them? If I point out that this behavior isn't right and I get a backlash from these same people am I now the "problem"? If I defend myself will the thread get closed because it got "out of hand" or "off topic"? Will someone else be able to just start another thread all over again, but that is alright because they said "event tickets" instead of "lanyard"?
After having seen this I feel much better for sticking to my guns rather than caving because a couple of people on these forums disagreed with me.
Disagreeing with an idea is one thing, allowing people on your forum to just sit and make fun of those ideas is another. This is just sad.
btw... the only thing being made fun of on this thread is the idea that it's OK to make big deals out of trivial issues. This entire thread is in support of GenCon and I believe anyone who doesn't get the joke... well... :)
I think because Gen Con cannot reasonably do anything about the vast majority of these complaints.
1) I didn't get into my chosen hotel (because 50,000 others wanted that hotel)
2) I didn't get into my chosen event (See above)
3) I think the convention should be in <insert preferred city> instead of Indy!
4) The gaming company I focus on didn't bring enough limited edition for everyone!
5) The city of Indianapolis should provide better public transportation! (and more hotels)
6) The convention would be better if X Y and Z events weren't offered! (Note: events that are not popular and don't get attendees get reduced space. Anyone ever notice what happened to Sixcess?)
I've only listed a few popular ones but this thread is the ability to REALIZE Gen Con cannot control these things and it's almost the convention and these? These are HILARIOUS.
You are ruining it.
This is why we can't have nice things...
New pyramid is best pyramid!
This should be Gen Con 2018's banner motto.
If you experience any of these symptoms, stop posting and contact your lanyard provider immediately.