lanyard distribution WORST ever
( Locked)
1 2 3 5 7 8
1 2 3 5 7 8
Posted by roganca mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
burrfoot72 wrote:
These 4-day lanyards are just not enough.  I don't understand why Gen Con just doesn't make it a 5-day lanyard.  People want it....it's a no brainer and wouldn't cost anything.  

The chance at confusion if we offered a 5-Day lanyard made it impractical.
Since Trade Day is on Wednesday it was deemed that it would be misleading to the bulk of the attendees.
The 4-Day lanyard is also designed to work for 4 days. We could not get the 5-Day lanyard to stand up to the stress of actually using it for 5 Days.
In our tests the 5-Day lanyard suffered severe setbacks emotionally and in some cases their poor little clasps just gave out.

That is awesome, Booze.

Posted by braewe

I just don't understand why a certain select privileged few get to experience emotional lanyard joy while the rest of us are unfairly treated with regular lanyards.

Clearly if the lanyards came with some sort of shuttle service that would make everything better.

Posted by raidkillsbugsded

Honestly, there wasn't even a lanyard problem until Gen Con started having too many events of the type that I personally don't care about (even if other people do).  Face facts, change is bad.  If Gen Con were just to have stayed exactly the same way it was with the same kinds of things to do and the same kinds of people who attended as 10 or 15 years ago, there would be enough lanyards for everybody...and a cool bag of swag like they USED to give out, I bet.  

Posted by thepumaman braewe

braewe wrote:
I just don't understand why a certain select privileged few get to experience emotional lanyard joy while the rest of us are unfairly treated with regular lanyards.
Clearly if the lanyards came with some sort of shuttle service that would make everything better.
I thought the Lanyard Express Shuttle Service was open to all of the chosen lanyard recipients. I guess maybe it's only offered to us few Platinum-Level Lanyard Rewards Members... Shoot! I wasn't supposed to talk about it. Now I'll be downgraded to Gold-Level and have to slum it up on the regular Lanyard Shuttle Service... Aww, shoot!

Posted by aaronmlopez

Did anyone see what the choices were for this years Lanyard naming contest were??? I thought Neck King Tailoring Company (The micro-tailoring company that sponsors Gen Con every year) did the contest this year, but I didn't get to see the choices or which one was finally chosen.

Last year's winner "2-sided Lanyard" was ok at best... full bodied, smooth, but didn't really stand out to me.

Posted by braewe

Oh and while we're on the subject I heard we weren't even getting any special lanyard guests. Not like in past years when star wars or star trek sent lanyards.

Posted by rodoubleb

And what's up with no Dungeons & Dragons lanyard?  Shame the company that made the con what it is today no longer sponsors lanyards.   

Posted by ladyimm

My lanyard up and died from laughter about five minutes ago... :)

Posted by braewe

Well since I didn't get a lanyard I think the exhibit hall should be open longer hours because I selfishly scheduled myself gaming all day so I want to buy a lanyard at ten pm.

I'm sure the dealers will make more money so they won't mind at all!

Posted by david campbell

I'd like to return my lanyard, but there doesn't seem to be an option for it on the website. 

Since I can't return it, can I sell it to someone else?

Posted by loon

Hey, I'm looking for a downtown lanyard. Ideally connected to the convention center because I don't want lanyard fatigue.

Posted by armadilloal braewe

braewe wrote:
Well since I didn't get a lanyard I think the exhibit hall should be open longer hours because I selfishly scheduled myself gaming all day so I want to buy a lanyard at ten pm.
I'm sure the dealers will make more money so they won't mind at all!

I hear someone will be setting up a lanyard kiosk on the second floor.  Maybe if they sell enough lanyards this year, they can bring someone to staff it 24/7 next year.

Posted by divachelle

My give a lanyard's busted. Maybe I need to look at how I go about obtaining a Vegas lanyard.

Posted by burrfoot72 mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
burrfoot72 wrote:
These 4-day lanyards are just not enough.  I don't understand why Gen Con just doesn't make it a 5-day lanyard.  People want it....it's a no brainer and wouldn't cost anything.  

The chance at confusion if we offered a 5-Day lanyard made it impractical.
Since Trade Day is on Wednesday it was deemed that it would be misleading to the bulk of the attendees.
The 4-Day lanyard is also designed to work for 4 days. We could not get the 5-Day lanyard to stand up to the stress of actually using it for 5 Days.
In our tests the 5-Day lanyard suffered severe setbacks emotionally and in some cases their poor little clasps just gave out.

See right there.....more rationalizing from the powers that be.  You know you guys can do this you just hate money or something, it's so easy.......and don't tell me if I think I can do it better that I should just go start my own lanyard distribution because that is not what I want.  I want Gen Con 5 Day lanyards not burrfoot72 5-Day lanyards.

Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

I was too late booking housing, so my lanyard and I have to stay pretty far away from the convention center.  Very far, actually.  The hotel is in Ohio.

Posted by tamwulf

I heard a rumor about a VIG Lanyard Program... you had to know about it before Gencon knew about it. It was sold out before it went live...

Posted by kiyote

Vendors bring so few lanyards that the VIGs get in and snake all the good lanyards for themselves.

Posted by njseahawksfan

Clearly you guys don't get it.  Chicago lanyards can accomodate way more than Indy lanyards can.  Plus Chicago has public lanyards that magically transport you to exactly where you want to go in mere seconds ... for free!

Posted by aaronmlopez njseahawksfan

njseahawksfan wrote:
Clearly you guys don't get it.  Chicago lanyards can accomodate way more than Indy lanyards can.  Plus Chicago has public lanyards that magically transport you to exactly where you want to go in mere seconds ... for free!

Yeah.. but the Chicago lanyards are just not as friendly as the Indy lanyards. I think Indy lanyards are just more welcoming and family friendly... 

Posted by aegoce kiyote

deleted for format problem

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 2 3 5 7 8
1 2 3 5 7 8