Official Gen Con specific only Coronavirus thread
( Locked)
12 13 14 16 18 19 20
12 13 14 16 18 19 20
Posted by brotherbock jedijawa74

jedijawa74 wrote:
anyone who has advanced purchase or non-refundable rooms through the pandemic ...

Dang. Mine is through Q-Rooms, not the pandemic.

(ha)

Anyway, I would suspect that Q-Rooms, who is really who in-block room contracts are with at this point, would follow suit.

Posted by jedijawa74

I could see going to Indy still. Without GenCon. 

Posted by buffythecatslayer jedijawa74

jedijawa74 wrote:I could see going to Indy still. Without GenCon. 

And do what?  See all the fascinating Indy sights? :-)

Posted by technoir jedijawa74

jedijawa74 wrote:
I don't think I can.
I stay till Monday, and I'm depressed being there Monday! HAHA I couldn't imagine being there without the con.
​​​​​​​

Posted by stephenglasgow jedijawa74

jedijawa74 wrote:
I really hope that it still happens (not just for myself, but for all of the little companies that rely on it for their income and exposure) but if not, I will keep my reservation and still go. Its easy for me to do that though since I only live just over an hour away

Posted by jedijawa74

Well. Origins just moved to Oct 7-11. How will that change our Conscape?

Posted by hahnarama jedijawa74

jedijawa74 wrote:
Now you've gone and done it... Prepare to feel the wrath of Customer Service ;)

Posted by lore seeker jedijawa74

jedijawa74 wrote:

It might not. Mid-June was kind of on the edge of the predicted "safe zone" for things, so postponement makes sense there. Late July/early August events may have an easier time of things.

Posted by roganca buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:

JediJawa74, you'll get your RIO when you get to Indianapolis. If you don't... give me a call. I'll game with you.

Posted by mikeboozer hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
jedijawa74 wrote:
Now you've gone and done it... Prepare to feel the wrath of Customer Service ;)

News about a Con is on point. Wrath averted. All's well on the thread...for now.

Posted by cmegus buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:

We could just meet up in groups of 10 or less at or outside the hotels and run our own games.

Just a thought... based on current CDC guidelines, this would be ok even now in Indiana.

G

Posted by matthias9 jedijawa74

jedijawa74 wrote:

I don't think it helps us read the tea leaves of the future any better than we already can -- and that, ultimately is what most posts in this thread are hoping for. 

It's unsatisfying to say we still don't know, but sometimes that is the best answer we have. 

Posted by akb mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
I have a new statement from your friends at Gen Con:
Question: If Gen Con 2020 is canceled, will I be able to get a refund?
Answer: In the event that a cancellation or postponement of Gen Con 2020 is announced, we will offer multiple options for attendees to roll their badges forward to Gen Con 2021, or to request a refund.
No details on this at this right now (I know I'll be asked ;))
Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

So, on the one hand - man I wish you would give us more complete answers.  On the other, thanks for doing what you can under difficult circumstances.

If you do cancel I'm looking forward to rolling my VIG into system credit.

Posted by donaldbain jedijawa74

jedijawa74 wrote:
Well. Origins just moved to Oct 7-11.
I usually use the BGG Origins preview to plan what games I want to check out at Gen Con.  I may be flying blind this year.

Posted by helenbb

You guys are too pessimistic. I remain optimistic that GenCon will happen. I am looking forward to seeing the event catalog in about a month!

Posted by jedijawa74

I was thinking that maybe with Origins being later in the year some people might skip GenCon and give up some of those sweet downtown rooms. 

Asking for a friend. 

Posted by del_grande jedijawa74

jedijawa74 wrote:I was thinking that maybe with Origins being later in the year some people might skip GenCon and give up some of those sweet downtown rooms. 
Asking for a friend. 

Anyone who doesn't already have a room for the new Origins dates had better act fast; Ohio State hosts Iowa in football that Saturday. Note that the Columbus PRIDE parade is the week before, so that won't be competing for rooms.

Posted by jedijawa74

That was good advice. The rooms around the convention center are already getting jacked up and who knows if they will carry their block deals forward to the new dates. 

Edit: They say information is coming if you have a block room. Whatever that means. 

Posted by lore seeker jedijawa74

jedijawa74 wrote:
That was good advice. The rooms around the convention center are already getting jacked up and who knows if they will carry their block deals forward to the new dates. 

EDIT: Never mind

Posted by dragongears jedijawa74

jedijawa74 wrote:

OMG. Thank you! I needed a good laugh this morning.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
12 13 14 16 18 19 20
12 13 14 16 18 19 20