Dining options in 2021
Posted by ematuskey

Another "hoping for the best" post. 

So, last time (2019), I wound up eating most of my meals at the Ram, in the bar seating area, where you could usually find a table way sooner than putting your name down for the dining room.  I don't mind revealing this "secret" because, sadly, the Ram closed after Gen Con 2019, which saddened me way before the 2020 con was cancelled.  Assuming we can meet up in 2021, what replacements should I be looking for? 

Here's where I'll plug the Inferno Room, btw--Indy's own well-themed tiki bar!  They appear to be holding on, and I hope to hoist more than a few beverages there after hours this summer. 

But they're not within walking distance, so my question stands: what's good for sit-down dining, now that the Ram and Scotty's and other "bar/American" food places that embraced the con are gone? 

Posted by father bloodlust

The Ram closed after Gen Con 2019? I thought it was a COVID casualty, but I never could find any info on exactly when it closed.

Posted by ematuskey father bloodlust

father bloodlust wrote:The Ram closed after Gen Con 2019? I thought it was a COVID casualty, but I never could find any info on exactly when it closed.

I'll admit I'm fuzzy on the details--I don't recall it being caused due to COVID, but I can't recall exactly when I learned about it either, just that I was super-bummed when I did. 

Posted by father bloodlust ematuskey

ematuskey wrote:
father bloodlust wrote:The Ram closed after Gen Con 2019? I thought it was a COVID casualty, but I never could find any info on exactly when it closed.

I'll admit I'm fuzzy on the details--I don't recall it being caused due to COVID, but I can't recall exactly when I learned about it either, just that I was super-bummed when I did. 

Yeah, me too. It was a good place to eat.

That's one of the things that we're all going to have to get used to if we have Gen Con 2021 in person - the restaurant landscape in Indy is going to look very different, given all of the restaurants that have gone under due to COVID.

Posted by ematuskey father bloodlust

father bloodlust wrote:Yeah, me too. It was a good place to eat.That's one of the things that we're all going to have to get used to if we have Gen Con 2021 in person - the restaurant landscape in Indy is going to look very different, given all of the restaurants that have gone under due to COVID.

...The line for Steak & Shake is going to be even more crazy, isn't it?  :p 

Posted by father bloodlust ematuskey

ematuskey wrote:
father bloodlust wrote:Yeah, me too. It was a good place to eat.That's one of the things that we're all going to have to get used to if we have Gen Con 2021 in person - the restaurant landscape in Indy is going to look very different, given all of the restaurants that have gone under due to COVID.

...The line for Steak & Shake is going to be even more crazy, isn't it?  :p 

Can't imagine why. The one time I ate there, I thought it was overpriced for the quality.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.