Dining options in 2021
Posted by helenbb

I believe there is a convenience store at the mall.

Posted by buffythecatslayer helenbb

helenbb wrote:I believe there is a convenience store at the mall.

You have to consider that anything that was there in 2019 might not be there now.

Posted by fethbone buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:

You have to consider that anything that was there in 2019 might not be there now.

If you are talking about the Skymart, it is open.

Though the mall is currently only open 11-7.

https://www.simon.com/mall/circle-centre-mall/stores

Posted by fethbone xanathon

xanathon wrote:
Is Sauce on the Side still open in downtown Indy and where is the Buffalo Wild Wings?

Yes.

BW3- 7 E Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46204

I don't expect a lot of out a sports bar chain, but I have to say this is one of the worst Bdubs I've been to btw. And I do love me some Bdubs.

Posted by aaronmlopez fethbone

fethbone wrote:
xanathon wrote:
Is Sauce on the Side still open in downtown Indy and where is the Buffalo Wild Wings?

Yes.BW3- 7 E Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46204
I don't expect a lot of out a sports bar chain, but I have to say this is one of the worst Bdubs I've been to btw. And I do love me some Bdubs.

Ahhh, Bdubs. The only place in town where you can get cold wings and warm salad!

Posted by helenbb fethbone

fethbone wrote:
buffythecatslayer wrote:

If you are talking about the Skymart, it is open.Though the mall is currently only open 11-7.
https://www.simon.com/mall/circle-centre-mall/stores

Yes, that's it! We usually go over there on Tuesday afternoon/evening to get supplies. Although if they close at 7 pm, it might have to be on Wednesday...

Posted by ungmar9567

I've said it before, but I just hope one of the downtown restaurants takes up the mantle of The RAM and Scotty's. Meaning, I hope some place near the ICC has TV screens with nothing but fantasy and sci-fi movies, and maybe renames some menu items.

Posted by pezkat

Another related question: anyone know if there's still a microwave in the ICC food court (the one by/under the escalator)??  I have to eat every 2-3 hours, need protein and gluten- and dairy-free, so will be mainly relying on my own food and hoping it won't all have to be eaten cold!

Posted by hahnarama ungmar9567

ungmar9567 wrote:
I've said it before, but I just hope one of the downtown restaurants takes up the mantle of The RAM and Scotty's. Meaning, I hope some place near the ICC has TV screens with nothing but fantasy and sci-fi movies, and maybe renames some menu items.

I doubt it. "IndyDav" was Mgr at both places and the one responsible for geeking out both restaurants while he was manager. Last I heard with the demise of Scotty's he was managing a bar somewhere in Ohio.

Posted by ungmar9567

Posted by ungmar9567 hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
ungmar9567 wrote:

I doubt it. "IndyDav" was Mgr at both places and the one responsible for geeking out both restaurants while he was manager. Last I heard with the demise of Scotty's he was managing a bar somewhere in Ohio. 
Bummer! Still, hope springs eternal. I just think that any restaurant downtown that doesn't do a little to cater to the attendees is missing out on some cash.

In 2019, I went to place that didn't outrageously cater to us, but they still had a turkey leg that they called a "Smoked Turkey Leg -olas". I mean, they got it.

Posted by raptorov

Bee Coffee across from the ICC always totally embraced GenCon. Star Wars and Star Trek themed drinks, cool T-Shirts, the punch card dice give-a-ways. Awesome breakfast burritos too. I have quite a few of their dice and shirts. 
Does anyone know if they survived the riots and covid? 

Posted by austicke raptorov

raptorov wrote:Bee Coffee across from the ICC always totally embraced GenCon. Star Wars and Star Trek themed drinks, cool T-Shirts, the punch card dice give-a-ways. Awesome breakfast burritos too. I have quite a few of their dice and shirts. 
Does anyone know if they survived the riots and covid? 

That location has not.

Posted by raptorov

That makes me sad beyond belief.

Posted by quarex

Nooooooooooo Bee Coffee Roasterrrsssssssss :( though wait, it says online that location is only temporarily closed.  Yes I realize it says it will reopen on July 2, but the webpage still lists it as a location?

Posted by raptorov

July 2, 2022.
I hope temporary is really temporary. The way things are now, it sometimes is not. A facebook post from June 28 says "we’re only operating out of our Lafayette Rd location for the foreseeable future. Sorry for the inconvenience!"

Posted by hahnarama

Last time I drove by there was a for lease sign in the window 

Posted by aaronmlopez hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
Last time I drove by there was a for lease sign in the window 

Well stop driving by there! Sheesh! lol! 

Posted by raptorov

So that's it.
The last of the places that truly welcomed gamers and made Indianapolis special is gone. What will I find when I make it back to GenCon next year? Just another cold heartless city that happens to host a convention I love, I guess. Just like the others.
Not much reason to "Visit Indy" anymore. 

Posted by fethbone raptorov

raptorov wrote:
So that's it.
The last of the places that truly welcomed gamers and made Indianapolis special is gone. What will I find when I make it back to GenCon next year? Just another cold heartless city that happens to host a convention I love, I guess. Just like the others.
Not much reason to "Visit Indy" anymore. 
Hopefully some of the new spots downtown can start to take their place, but I feel you.

if it wasn’t for the fact that my group includes someone who is flying in from the west coast (the rest of us are fortunate to be within driving distance), probably would have gotten a refund and not attended this year, as Indianapolis is not really a place I’d spend 5 days of vacation visiting without Gencon, but going to try and make the best of it. If it turns out the mask drama is just too much, I’ve been looking into backup activities and planning to bring the golf clubs. 

it is further than a lot of people like to venture, but  we always get drinks at The Libertine on Mass Ave and even though they don’t deck the place out in Gencon-themed decorations, they always have a couple Gencon-themed drinks that are really good.

Sign in to write a new post. New Post
1 2 4