Auction/Consignment store for 2022
1 3 5 6 7
1 3 5 6 7
Posted by ndgeekboy quarex

quarex wrote:Looks like the registration page is still 2019's version; I just logged in with my account and there is indeed no way to submit a new item.

This is the page I found:

Overview – Live Game Auctions

Even says Gen Con 2022. Are they maybe still working on the site? Or is it open for registering things now?

Also, would this be a good place to ask questions about items? Or should we try to email the auction folks directly?

Posted by jerrytel

I would guess that once the page is completed in the update process, the auction staff will communicate that the new registration pages are ready to accept submissions. (I am also just a volunteer and I do not represent the auction leadership).

There is a contact page on the site that you can probably use to direct specific questions.

https://livegameauctions.com/contact/

Posted by kevinrg ndgeekboy

ndgeekboy wrote:
=inheritAlso, would this be a good place to ask questions about items? Or should we try to email the auction folks directly?

I would say depends on the question.

Generic responses.  If the question is on what is/isn't allowed you would need to reach out to them although they do have a list on the site. 

If the question is on what the value of something is, generally you can look at Ebay/Boardgamegeek to get a general ballpark for pricing if you are putting something in the store or looking for a starting bid.   Although, if you are starting the bid at what an item sells for, just put it in the store. Really unique items you can reach out to them on questions.  Sometimes they will highlight those items on their page.

Questions outside the realm of price, allowed and procedures to get item in the auction/store I'd say fire away and someone here probably will know.

Posted by quarex ndgeekboy

ndgeekboy wrote:
quarex wrote:Looks like the registration page is still 2019's version; I just logged in with my account and there is indeed no way to submit a new item.

This is the page I found:Overview – Live Game Auctions
Even says Gen Con 2022. Are they maybe still working on the site? Or is it open for registering things now?
Also, would this be a good place to ask questions about items? Or should we try to email the auction folks directly?
Uhhh... huh.  How did you find this?  I went through the process and still cannot add any items, so I feel like this link should not be available yet, wherever it is.  Maybe my browser's cookies are playing havoc with me again just like how I cannot look at the Gen-Con events in this browser.  I really should clear them at this point...

Posted by kevinrg

You can get to that overview screen by going from the main screen, clicking 'learn about new process', then 'next how to pre-register' and there is an 'overview' link.   When I clicked 'add auction' I then got the user id stuff.    Added a new user id and registered when I got the email (went to my spam).

Once I did that, I had to  go back to the overview screen, click 'add auction' and then requested I setup a profile with my name, address, etc.

After that, I could then add an item to the store (which I did)

I hope this is cleaned up because it is massively confusing.   For example 'register your items' kicks it to the 2019 page.

Posted by ndgeekboy

Any idea what a "tab deposit" is? I didn't see the term in the Auction Lingo.

Posted by ndgeekboy jerrytel

jerrytel wrote:
I would guess that once the page is completed in the update process, the auction staff will communicate that the new registration pages are ready to accept submissions. (I am also just a volunteer and I do not represent the auction leadership).
There is a contact page on the site that you can probably use to direct specific questions.
https://livegameauctions.com/contact/

Sounds good. Thanks.

Posted by klaron ndgeekboy

ndgeekboy wrote:
Any idea what a "tab deposit" is? I didn't see the term in the Auction Lingo.
Typically when you bid on and win an item, you are required to pay for the item at that time. 

If you have a tab deposit, you place money down when acquiring your bidding card and this allows you to purchase items and the auction will save your items so you do not need to pay immediately.  You are still required to pay for all items you purchased at some point every day, thus clearing your tab.  Depending upon how much you intend to purchase, it is very convenient.

Posted by kevinrg

Tab deposits are also returned when you feel you are done bidding on items at the auction.  You just need to tell them you want to close your tab out, they will deactivate the bidder id and return your deposit.

Posted by ndgeekboy

Gotcha. Thanks, folks.

Posted by jerrytel kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:
Tab deposits are also returned when you feel you are done bidding on items at the auction.  You just need to tell them you want to close your tab out, they will deactivate the bidder id and return your deposit.

A recent change, which seems so long ago with no auction the last 2 years, is that the cost of a tab is no longer refundable. The tab deposit will be used as a credit for your purchases, but anything that is not used would not be refunded.

Jerry

Posted by kevinrg jerrytel

jerrytel wrote:
=inheritA recent change, which seems so long ago with no auction the last 2 years, is that the cost of a tab is no longer refundable. The tab deposit will be used as a credit for your purchases, but anything that is not used would not be refunded.Jerry

Could have sworn they gave me my deposit back last time also.   But... that was almost 3 years ago.

Posted by david campbell

I don't normally get my deposit back because I spend it all; the one time I didn't there wasn't a problem. It was like $50, that's pretty easy to hit at the Auction...:)

Posted by shibas

They have some 2022 information on the site now!

Posted by kevinrg shibas

shibas wrote:
They have some 2022 information on the site now!

Was there a few days before just not easy to find.   Looks like they updated links finally to get you to the right spot as opposed to having to dig layers down.

Posted by quarex

I have officially added items for the 2022 Auction!!!  I AM EXCITED

Not excited about the next ~100 items I have not yet added, but I will eventually be excited about them in retrospect

Posted by kevinrg quarex

quarex wrote:

Not excited about the next ~100 items I have not yet added, but I will eventually be excited about them in retrospect

Item 1.  Dice, Red.  d4.
Item 2.  Dice, Red.  d6...

Posted by quarex

You just made me want to throw away my nonexistent red dice I was going to sell individually

Posted by jackfitt

[This post has been removed]

Posted by jokerde

I've previously sold at the auctions and consignment shop but the site is not accepting my email. I have attempted to register a new email and recover my password but I am not receiving any emails from the site to get logged in. Are they still working on getting the site ready?

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3 5 6 7
1 3 5 6 7