Auction/Consignment store for 2022
1 2 4 6 7
1 2 4 6 7
Posted by kevinrg jokerde

jokerde wrote:
I've previously sold at the auctions and consignment shop but the site is not accepting my email. I have attempted to register a new email and recover my password but I am not receiving any emails from the site to get logged in. Are they still working on getting the site ready?

No, should be good.  People have been putting stuff in the store.

Just in case you missed, check Spam.  All my new registration stuff was going there.

Posted by ndgeekboy kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:
jokerde wrote:
I've previously sold at the auctions and consignment shop but the site is not accepting my email. I have attempted to register a new email and recover my password but I am not receiving any emails from the site to get logged in. Are they still working on getting the site ready?

No, should be good.  People have been putting stuff in the store. Just in case you missed, check Spam.  All my new registration stuff was going there.

Maybe there was a typo in your email address? Have you tried to register again?

Posted by lore seeker

Anybody else having trouble using the contact form on the auction website? The circle next to the "send" button is still spinning about 5 minutes after I've clicked it.

Posted by jerrytel

I will alert Katie to this thread - hopefully she can provide any needed feedback.

Posted by hauntedcity

What's the normal timeframe for drop-off of auction or consignment items? Can items be dropped off on Wednesday? I have events starting early on Thursday morning.

jokerde wrote:
Are you still having issues with the site?  If so, please send me an email: [email protected]  (aka Auction God)

hauntedcity wrote:
What's the normal timeframe for drop-off of auction or consignment items? Can items be dropped off on Wednesday? I have events starting early on Thursday morning.
You can check the schedule on the livegameauctions site:
https://livegameauctions.com/2022/06/07/gen-con-2022-auction-schedule/
​​​​​​​

Posted by hauntedcity [email protected]

[email protected] wrote:
hauntedcity wrote:
You can check the schedule on the livegameauctions site:
https://livegameauctions.com/2022/06/07/gen-con-2022-auction-schedule/

​​​​​​​thank you!

Posted by kevinrg hauntedcity

hauntedcity wrote:

Just a reminder that it takes a little time to check things in and there is usually some wait involved to get everything checked in.   In the past, I've allocated about 90 minutes from the time I arrive to the time I leave.  I've been in/out in 15 minutes before and I've waiting 3 hours before.   Although the 3 hour one was due to massive computer issues.   This year, will there be less/more items this year and less people checking in?  TBD I guess.

Bruce can confirm if there are still doing fast check ins where you just drop off, sign a waiver and you pay the fees in the store.  They check them in later.

kevinrg wrote:
hauntedcity wrote:

Just a reminder that it takes a little time to check things in and there is usually some wait involved to get everything checked in.   In the past, I've allocated about 90 minutes from the time I arrive to the time I leave.  I've been in/out in 15 minutes before and I've waiting 3 hours before.   Although the 3 hour one was due to massive computer issues.   This year, will there be less/more items this year and less people checking in?  TBD I guess. Bruce can confirm if there are still doing fast check ins where you just drop off, sign a waiver and you pay the fees in the store.  They check them in later.

I asked about the waiver in another thread (it's something new to me). Item #2 sort of makes it sound like we can just drop our boxes of goodies off like hand grenades and run without any sort of check-in.

Yae? Nae?

Posted by kevinrg ndgeekboy

ndgeekboy wrote:
=inheritI asked about the waiver in another thread (it's something new to me). Item #2 sort of makes it sound like we can just drop our boxes of goodies off like hand grenades and run without any sort of check-in.Yae? Nae?

Yes.  They look at what you had listed online and charge you based on that.   If you had 30 items in the store, you get charged for 30 items even if you forgot 10 things at home.    If you go through the regular check in, you get charged for what you check in.  (I almost always forget 1 or 2 things at home no matter how organized I try to be)

If you drop and go, the waiver absolves them of any issues so, you can't come back and claim that some $1000 auction item was never checked in.

kevinrg wrote:
ndgeekboy wrote:
=inheritI asked about the waiver in another thread (it's something new to me). Item #2 sort of makes it sound like we can just drop our boxes of goodies off like hand grenades and run without any sort of check-in.Yae? Nae?

Yes.  They look at what you had listed online and charge you based on that.   If you had 30 items in the store, you get charged for 30 items even if you forgot 10 things at home.    If you go through the regular check in, you get charged for what you check in.  (I almost always forget 1 or 2 things at home no matter how organized I try to be) If you drop and go, the waiver absolves them of any issues so, you can't come back and claim that some $1000 auction item was never checked in.

Gotcha. Essentially it can be done either way then -- wait it out or drop and run. It just depends on how confident and thorough you know you are or just how lucky you think you are.

Posted by kevinrg ndgeekboy

ndgeekboy wrote:
=inheritGotcha. Essentially it can be done either way then -- wait it out or drop and run. It just depends on how confident and thorough you know you are or just how lucky you think you are.

I'd have confidence in them checking it in.  I've done it before when I've had maybe 20-25 items of maybe $400 value and I've had no problems nor have ever heard of anyone having problems. 

Normally I just sit there and wait because I have nothing better to do.  Plus I have no confidence in myself that I didn't forget something, miss a tag, tag falls off, etc.  :)

Posted by jerrytel

The waiver saves time and simply states that if an item comes up missing, there is no way to prove the item was not scanned in individually and there would be no liability from the auction to replace the value of the missing item. As someone else already stated - if you have high value items, might be best to get in line and ensure your items are present and accounted for when going into the auction's care/possession.

Posted by quarex

Things going missing is extremely uncommon, if that makes anyone feel better.  But obviously you can never guarantee a convention free from thieves.  It is sad, but I am probably going to have to skip the waiver purely because like three or four of the 100-odd things I am putting in are valuable enough that I would be upset if I neither got money for their sale nor got them back safely after not selling.  Genuinely contemplated putting them on EBay instead and just signing the waiver...

Posted by ndgeekboy

One year, one thing came up missing when the auction was checking me out, a picture I wrapped in cellophane to keep any Scotch tape from damaging it. It hadn't been sold, hadn't been checked off -- it was just missing. After five, ten minutes of looking around, we found it -- stuck to the back of another picture also wrapped in cellophane that the staff was returning. 

Mistakes just happen. I can see why the auctioneers want the waiver in place. It's a good prompt for all parties to be just that little bit more diligent when checking in and checking out.

Posted by kevinrg

Interesting random thing just because I was bored.   From an item standpoint, I just put in item 3005-ish.  In 2019, by end of day 6/28, there were 1807 items entered into the system.  (2017-2019 were in the 14K range in total items)

Still too early to determine how large the auction will be because the larger numbers right now are probably due to the new auction cut-off.  Traditionally I think 60%+ is registered the last week, but can't wait until the last week this year if you have auction items.  (Wonder how many people aren't aware of this)

Posted by ndgeekboy

Miscellaneous question: A lot of the Condition listings are geared toward games (Near Mint/Punched - Mint/Original Shrink). Would these be applicable to other items, too, or are Poor, Fair, and Good restricted to the non-game items?

I ask because I have some DVDs that've never been opened for the store, and now I'm waffling on if they can be considered Mint/Original Shrink or Good? Or doesn't it matter?

Thanks.

Posted by quarex

Speaking as an auctioneer and a frequent item-inputter I just treat everything using card logic and it works out... mostly.  It is a little funny when you get into the concept of "punched" for anything without literal pieces you can separate from a larger sheet, but if anything is confusing you can just add a quick note in the condition description section anyway.

Anything unopened is mint/original shrink in my opinion, and if there is actual like structural damage despite the shrinkwrap you can just mention that too.

Posted by ndgeekboy

I used to collect comics -- had 10,000+ at one time -- so my head's pretty stuck in assigning conditions using that terminology and those qualifications. So, yeah, assigning conditions here gets a little muddy at times.

Um..."card logic"? Guessing you're talking like MtG and other collectible cards?

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 2 4 6 7
1 2 4 6 7