Gen Con Health and Safety policy clarifications
1 3 4 5
1 3 4 5
Posted by mikeboozer

Hi all,

This topic is for those of you who have questions or need clarification on our Health and Safety policy.

If we cannot answer your questions here we will take them up with the company and make any announcements or clarifications known.

It is not for discussing why we have the policy or anyone's feelings about it. 

That has been discussed and will not be rejoined here.

Do not start any other posts concerning the policy please.

Mike

Posted by nikoli

Children badges and id?

For the record i hate the policy is all I'll say  cause I've supported GenCon and this will be my 12th year.

Posted by grognard262

Does "Gen Con controlled spaces" include the halls of the ICC?  Or just the rooms?

Posted by mappy

How on earth do you plan on enforcing this? People enter and exit the convention center all day every day. There is going to be a queue to get in the center that leads around the block.

Posted by kevinrg

Assume that the paper record used for verification is the 'CDC COVID 19 Vaccination Record Card'?

Many people will also be asking about if there are going to be lines to be verified to get back into the ICC every time you step out or if this is going to be a verification done for events/vendor hall.

Posted by xanathon

What qualifies as a government issued ID?  Will a drivers license suffice or will I need to bring my passport?

Posted by wells

Continuing from the other thread, what are the days and hours of the Vaccination check stations, particularly on Wednesday? I know you don't have an answer now.

Posted by austrianadam

Will you be checking vaccine cards every time someone enters and exits the con? Or can we get a sticker on our badge after getting checked once?

Also still curious about my 4 year old.

Posted by mikeboozer mappy

mappy wrote:
How on earth do you plan on enforcing this? People enter and exit the convention center all day every day. There is going to be a queue to get in the center that leads around the block.

We have our plan to do so. You just need the wrist band once. 

Mike

Posted by mikeboozer xanathon

xanathon wrote:
What qualifies as a government issued ID?  Will a drivers license suffice or will I need to bring my passport?

Drivers license is fine

Posted by mikeboozer

wells wrote:
Continuing from the other thread, what are the days and hours of the Vaccination check stations, particularly on Wednesday? I know you don't have an answer now.

We will announce them when we are ready to do so.

Please be patient.

Mike

Posted by quarex

Sounds like they might functionally be moving the Exhibit Hall badge-checking logistics to the entrance to the convention center, which actually sounds kind of cool.  And is the definitive last statement on both the Lobbyconning arguments from 2019 and the Indy Colts Fans arguments from 2021 :P hahaha

Posted by bradleynoxon

Can you take the wristband off? Showers are important

Posted by mikeboozer bradleynoxon

bradmoviepro581 wrote:
Can you take the wristband off? Showers are important

You should not remove it (But if you can and pit it back on I won't know or tell anyone), they will be ok in showers and if they are not then just get a new one...

Mike

Posted by mikeboozer

Kids with parents will not need an ID to get a wrist band just a vaccination card/verification as applicable.

Mike

Posted by toxic_rat

I'm an EO, and in the past I've picked up GM badges for our group on Wednesday.  How will this distribution work?

Posted by sstalker23

Digital copies of vaccine cards accepted?  Scan, Apple COVID wallet card?

Posted by pronetguru

So considering the late notice of this policy, what will GenCon's position be if I wanted a refund and/or rollover until such time as GenCon leadership stops panicking over what is, for the vast majority of people, essentially little different than a seasonal flu with all of the mutation and variations included?

Posted by aceorton pronetguru

pronetguru wrote:
So considering the late notice of this policy, what will GenCon's position be if I wanted a refund and/or rollover until such time as GenCon leadership stops panicking over what is, for the vast majority of people, essentially little different than a seasonal flu with all of the mutation and variations included?

You have the next nine days to request a refund.

Posted by brumcg pronetguru

pronetguru wrote:So considering the late notice of this policy, what will GenCon's position be if I wanted a refund and/or rollover

This has been the anticipated policy the entire time.  Gen Con has already said there would be no rollovers this year.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3 4 5
1 3 4 5