Gen Con Health and Safety policy clarifications
1 2 3 5 7 8 9
1 2 3 5 7 8 9
Posted by mikeboozer mark_theurer

mark_theurer wrote:
@mikeboozer, thank you for the clarifications!

You're very welcome.

I'm trying to catch up. If I missed something let me know.

As in the last topic concerning this I'm going to have zero tolerance for shenanigan's. We are not here to debate the policy but to clarify it...you know who you are.

Mike

Posted by buffythecatslayer pronetguru

pronetguru wrote:So considering the late notice of this policy, what will GenCon's position be if I wanted a refund and/or rollover until such time as GenCon leadership stops panicking over what is, for the vast majority of people, essentially little different than a seasonal flu with all of the mutation and variations included?

There is no "late notice".  The policy is exactly the same as it has been since they started selling badges.  If you bought your badge with the assumption that the policy would change, well you assumed incorrectly.  You can either accept the restrictions that you already agreed to by purchasing a badge, or get a refund.

Posted by kevinrg mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:You're very welcome.I'm trying to catch up. If I missed something let me know.

Someone asked if the auction/consignment store was going to be required to be masked.  A few of us said 'yes because it is a GC event', but they wanted to hear it from you.

Posted by adcjones

timjs21 wrote:
Show proof of vaccination AND wear a mask!  LOL  What an over-reach.  Have fun all.

went just fine last year

papabees wrote:
general lopez wrote:
brumcg wrote:
general lopez wrote:Note that locations Gen Con does not directly control, such as hotel lobbies, hallways, connectors, restaurants, etc. will have their own policies and these are likely to be more lax."

I read this as "hotel lobbies, hotel hallways, hotel connectors, hotel restaurants."

Yeah you could be right, but why spell out certain areas in the ICC like the exhibit hall and not just say the whole ICC building. Maybe they have control in a hallway of someone waiting in a Gencon line for will call, vax checkin, etc, but not someone just passing through, since there are public areas.     
The ICC halls are not controlled by Gencon. The issue in Indy (I'm a resident) is that the convention center is a hub for connection of various public facilities so people can go through the halls as they please (See Colts fans last year). Ergo, those spaces are not controlled by Gencon. A post was put on the Fans of Gencon Facebook page from Gencon customer service stating as such. Here is the email: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10228165267937336&set=p.10228165267937336&type=3
​​​​​​​
But, right now the ICC isn't letting anyone in unless they have business in the Hall.  I work downtown and have tried to go in on many different occasions over the past few months.  Most recently, yesterday.

Posted by mikeboozer kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:You're very welcome.I'm trying to catch up. If I missed something let me know.

Someone asked if the auction/consignment store was going to be required to be masked.  A few of us said 'yes because it is a GC event', but they wanted to hear it from you. 

Confirmed. It is a Gen Con space.

Mike

Posted by colbrook

Hi Mike, thankyou for all the clarifications so far.

The Cayman Islands Health Services Authority recorded our vaccine records digitally. We can show them through the HealtheLife app which shows date/type/batch alongside name and D.O.B. The app can also produce a Smart Health Card QR code, both these systems are in use in several US states and in Canada.

There are a small group of us planning to attend this year (I'm finally using my system credit from 2020!) Would showing the app be sufficient proof of vaccination? I am not sure if the HSA is still providing physical vaccination records.

Posted by fethbone

The FAQ states if you pick up your badge at will-call, you must get a wristband first. If you get your badge mailed to you but stay in areas where mask and wristband are not required, is that any kind of issue? Essentially, if you are lobbycon-ing but actually buy a badge to be a good sport, will you be approached by a staff member asking how you have a badge but no wristband?
On that note, will staff members be on the lookout for actual lobbyconners or is this something that cannot be controlled by Gencon?

Posted by joho fethbone

you will need to get a wristband to go to will call. 

edited to add (cause i hit post before i finished): With some areas of the ICC corridors designated as GC spaces (will call, queues, etc) I would assume ‘lobby conning’ could be pretty patch work. Also- please be considerate and follow the attendance guidelines: Gencon is requiring vaccination this year. Don’t try to hunt out loopholes that undercut the safety they are trying to maintian

Posted by fethbone joho

joho wrote:
fethbone wrote:
The FAQ states if you pick up your badge at will-call, you must get a wristband first. If you get your badge mailed to you but stay in areas where mask and wristband are not required, is that any kind of issue? Essentially, if you are lobbycon-ing but actually buy a badge to be a good sport, will you be approached by a staff member asking how you have a badge but no wristband?
On that note, will staff members be on the lookout for actual lobbyconners or is this something that cannot be controlled by Gencon?
Yes, that's exactly what I said. My questions are not regarding will-call.

Posted by brooks adcjones

adcjones wrote:
timjs21 wrote:
Show proof of vaccination AND wear a mask!  LOL  What an over-reach.  Have fun all.
went just fine last year
papabees wrote:
general lopez wrote:
brumcg wrote:
general lopez wrote:Note that locations Gen Con does not directly control, such as hotel lobbies, hallways, connectors, restaurants, etc. will have their own policies and these are likely to be more lax."

I read this as "hotel lobbies, hotel hallways, hotel connectors, hotel restaurants."

Yeah you could be right, but why spell out certain areas in the ICC like the exhibit hall and not just say the whole ICC building. Maybe they have control in a hallway of someone waiting in a Gencon line for will call, vax checkin, etc, but not someone just passing through, since there are public areas.     
The ICC halls are not controlled by Gencon. The issue in Indy (I'm a resident) is that the convention center is a hub for connection of various public facilities so people can go through the halls as they please (See Colts fans last year). Ergo, those spaces are not controlled by Gencon. A post was put on the Fans of Gencon Facebook page from Gencon customer service stating as such. Here is the email: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10228165267937336&set=p.10228165267937336&type=3

But, right now the ICC isn't letting anyone in unless they have business in the Hall.  I work downtown and have tried to go in on many different occasions over the past few months.  Most recently, yesterday.

It's a moot issue. According to Mike:

​​​​​​​Masks and Vaccine bracelets are not being required in ICC corridors. Mike 

Posted by kevinrg

I know there are people that walk the halls, but I guess I'm blown away that someone would actually buy a badge just to wander the halls and not really do anything?   Seems like they could just not buy a badge and wander the halls since it was declared that this doesn't cover the ICC corridor.

Posted by squirecam fethbone

fethbone wrote:
joho wrote:
fethbone wrote:
wait…so the lines will first filter everyone through the wristband station? Because everyone who gets their badge by mail gets funneled to the same place as they also need a wristband.

why not funnel the people with a badge to the wristband station and those without a badge to will call first? That way the lines are “halved” rather then everyone to the wristband station first.

Posted by mikeboozer colbrook

colbrook wrote:
Hi Mike, thankyou for all the clarifications so far.
The Cayman Islands Health Services Authority recorded our vaccine records digitally. We can show them through the HealtheLife app which shows date/type/batch alongside name and D.O.B. The app can also produce a Smart Health Card QR code, both these systems are in use in several US states and in Canada.
There are a small group of us planning to attend this year (I'm finally using my system credit from 2020!) Would showing the app be sufficient proof of vaccination? I am not sure if the HSA is still providing physical vaccination records.

Given the information you have described, yes we will accept that.

Mike

Posted by joho squirecam

squirecam wrote:
fethbone wrote:
joho wrote:
fethbone wrote:
wait…so the lines will first filter everyone through the wristband station? Because everyone who gets their badge by mail gets funneled to the same place as they also need a wristband.why not funnel the people with a badge to the wristband station and those without a badge to will call first? That way the lines are “halved” rather then everyone to the wristband station first.
based on previous clarifications Will call area and line is considered a Vaxx and Mask required space, so you need a mask and vaxx band before you can go to will call.

Posted by brooks joho

joho wrote:
squirecam wrote:
fethbone wrote:
joho wrote:
fethbone wrote:
wait…so the lines will first filter everyone through the wristband station? Because everyone who gets their badge by mail gets funneled to the same place as they also need a wristband.why not funnel the people with a badge to the wristband station and those without a badge to will call first? That way the lines are “halved” rather then everyone to the wristband station first.
based on previous clarifications Will call area and line is considered a Vaxx and Mask required space, so you need a mask and vaxx band before you can go to will call.

There's conflicting information on that. From the Gen Con policy:

You will NOT be able to pick up your badges or event tickets from Will Call or purchase badges or tickets prior to visiting a Vaccination Verification station and receiving your wristband. You must do this step first.

From Michael Green with Gen Con customer service:

While there are some ICC hallways that are always considered public and not completely Gen Con controlled spaces, attendees will be encouraged and reminded to wear their masks. This is especially true wile queueing for Will Call, Customer Service, or Event Registration.

Posted by joho brooks

There's conflicting information on that. From the Gen Con policy:You will NOT be able to pick up your badges or event tickets from Will Call or purchase badges or tickets prior to visiting a Vaccination Verification station and receiving your wristband. You must do this step first.
While there are some ICC hallways that are always considered public and not completely Gen Con controlled spaces, attendees will be encouraged and reminded to wear their masks. This is especially true wile queueing for Will Call, Customer Service, or Event Registration.
it's pretty simple:
1) don your mask & get your wristband from one of the 4+ locations
2) go to will call while wearing aformentioned mask and your fancy plastic wristband
3) ???
4) profit

GC is saying they can't control the space *completely* but they will require vaccination bands and masks if you're in queue for Will-Call.

Posted by brooks joho

joho wrote:

There's conflicting information on that. From the Gen Con policy:You will NOT be able to pick up your badges or event tickets from Will Call or purchase badges or tickets prior to visiting a Vaccination Verification station and receiving your wristband. You must do this step first.
it's pretty simple:
2) go to will call while wearing aformentioned mask and your fancy plastic wristband
3) ???
4) profitGC is saying they can't control the space *completely* but they will require vaccination bands and masks if you're in queue for Will-Call.

I don't use Will Call and don't really have a dog in the fight, so to speak. However "attendees will be encouraged and reminded to wear masks..." As well as Mike saying that neither masks nor wrist bands are being required in ICC corridors where Will Call is located makes me think there's a bit of confusion among even Gen Con about how all of this is going to work out. 

I'd wait to hear something official. 

Posted by general lopez brooks

brooks wrote:
joho wrote:

it's pretty simple:
3) ???
4) profitGC is saying they can't control the space *completely* but they will require vaccination bands and masks if you're in queue for Will-Call.

I don't use Will Call and don't really have a dog in the fight, so to speak. However "attendees will be encouraged and reminded to wear masks..." As well as Mike saying that neither masks nor wrist bands are being required in ICC corridors where Will Call is located makes me think there's a bit of confusion among even Gen Con about how all of this is going to work out. I'd wait to hear something official. 

Same setup as last year. They may not be required because of ICC policy in those areas, but if you are attending Gencon you will be expected to be masked in those areas, and will probably be asked to mask up if you are wearing a badge. The very few incidents I saw last year where someone was asked to put on or fix their mask was usually in those areas.   

Posted by mikeboozer brooks

brooks wrote:
joho wrote:

it's pretty simple:
3) ???

I don't use Will Call and don't really have a dog in the fight, so to speak. However "attendees will be encouraged and reminded to wear masks..." As well as Mike saying that neither masks nor wrist bands are being required in ICC corridors where Will Call is located makes me think there's a bit of confusion among even Gen Con about how all of this is going to work out. I'd wait to hear something official. 

There is no confusion on our part. Will Call and all front end registration is a Gen Con space. If you're in line for those you will need to be masked and wrist banded.
Walking around the ICC halls, no. In our Registration or Will call lines. Yes!

It does bear clarifying though, do thanks for the inquiry.

Mike

Posted by brumcg

Mike, how is the crush in front of the Exhibit Hall before it opens going to be handled regarding masking?  Thanks in advance.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 2 3 5 7 8 9
1 2 3 5 7 8 9