Gen Con Health and Safety policy clarifications
1 2 4 6 7 8
1 2 4 6 7 8
Posted by bigfathairyguy

I do think it is a big deal if you are able to step out of the exhibit halls into the hallway and remove your mask for a time. It is going to make it more tolerable to some people and it is going to make others choose not to attend. Already some people must be canceling because downtown hotels are opening up not only on the portal but direct booking as well.

Posted by brumcg papabees

papabees wrote:Ergo, those spaces are not controlled by Gencon. A post was put on the Fans of Gencon Facebook page from Gencon customer service stating as such. Here is the email: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10228165267937336&set=p.10228165267937336&type=3

Cool.  The email also states that Gen Con will encourage and remind attendees to wear masks in the hallways, so there's that. 

Posted by cinnibar papabees

papabees wrote:
general lopez wrote:
brumcg wrote:
general lopez wrote:Note that locations Gen Con does not directly control, such as hotel lobbies, hallways, connectors, restaurants, etc. will have their own policies and these are likely to be more lax."

I read this as "hotel lobbies, hotel hallways, hotel connectors, hotel restaurants."

Yeah you could be right, but why spell out certain areas in the ICC like the exhibit hall and not just say the whole ICC building. Maybe they have control in a hallway of someone waiting in a Gencon line for will call, vax checkin, etc, but not someone just passing through, since there are public areas.     
The ICC halls are not controlled by Gencon. The issue in Indy (I'm a resident) is that the convention center is a hub for connection of various public facilities so people can go through the halls as they please (See Colts fans last year). Ergo, those spaces are not controlled by Gencon. A post was put on the Fans of Gencon Facebook page from Gencon customer service stating as such. Here is the email: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10228165267937336&set=p.10228165267937336&type=3

You seem to have skipped over the word 'some' in that post, as in 'some ICC hallways that are always considered public', that implies that there is a question to assuming 'all' hallways are such.

Posted by squirecam cinnibar

cinnibar wrote:
papabees wrote:
general lopez wrote:
brumcg wrote:
general lopez wrote:Note that locations Gen Con does not directly control, such as hotel lobbies, hallways, connectors, restaurants, etc. will have their own policies and these are likely to be more lax."

I read this as "hotel lobbies, hotel hallways, hotel connectors, hotel restaurants."

Yeah you could be right, but why spell out certain areas in the ICC like the exhibit hall and not just say the whole ICC building. Maybe they have control in a hallway of someone waiting in a Gencon line for will call, vax checkin, etc, but not someone just passing through, since there are public areas.     
The ICC halls are not controlled by Gencon. The issue in Indy (I'm a resident) is that the convention center is a hub for connection of various public facilities so people can go through the halls as they please (See Colts fans last year). Ergo, those spaces are not controlled by Gencon. A post was put on the Fans of Gencon Facebook page from Gencon customer service stating as such. Here is the email: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10228165267937336&set=p.10228165267937336&type=3

You seem to have skipped over the word 'some' in that post, as in 'some ICC hallways that are always considered public', that implies that there is a question to assuming 'all' hallways are such.

I'm not sure why this us so difficult to understand. The colts fans came through last year without masks. If that game occurred this year they would walk through the hallway without a mask and without a badge. Because they dont need either.

I think the policy should have been anywhere in the ICC just to keep them out (not for covid but just prior drunk harassing behavior) but because its public they cant be excluded. Or required to mask and badge. 

Posted by brooks squirecam

squirecam wrote:
cinnibar wrote:
papabees wrote:
general lopez wrote:
brumcg wrote:

I'm not sure why this us so difficult to understand. The colts fans came through last year without masks. If that game occurred this year they would walk through the hallway without a mask and without a badge. Because they dont need either.I think the policy should have been anywhere in the ICC just to keep them out (not for covid but just prior drunk harassing behavior) but because its public they cant be excluded. Or required to mask and badge. 

"Any place you're required to have a badge you're required to wear a mask..." 

You're not required to have a badge entering the ICC until you go into the exhibit hall, event rooms, etc. It seems relatively clear to me.

Posted by lehane bigfathairyguy

bigfathairyguy wrote:
I do think it is a big deal if you are able to step out of the exhibit halls into the hallway and remove your mask for a time. It is going to make it more tolerable to some people and it is going to make others choose not to attend. Already some people must be canceling because downtown hotels are opening up not only on the portal but direct booking as well.
I would imagine that there are unvaxxed people that have rolled their badges over two years now. They either have to get the vaccine or cancel.

Posted by general lopez lehane

lehane wrote:
bigfathairyguy wrote:
I would imagine that there are unvaxxed people that have rolled their badges over two years now. They either have to get the vaccine or cancel.

Unvaxxed people were allowed to attend last year. 

Posted by lehane squirecam

=inheritI think the policy should have been anywhere in the ICC just to keep them out (not for covid but just prior drunk harassing behavior) but because its public they cant be excluded. Or required to mask and badge. 
I would doubt that would be possible. The Colts bring in way more money over the course of a year to Indy than Gencon does in one weekend. 

Any sort of confrontation with City Hall (or the Governor's Office) over that wouldn't end well. 

Besides with Gencon using Lucas Oil Field we know there won't be any Colts games during Gencon unless a reschedule has to occur again. And if a reschedule does occur and there is a home game during Gencon weekend again, everyone can get over themselves and tolerate each other. 

Besides how many more times do you really expect there to be mask mandates? There are more and more events not worrying with it anymore. Near as I have been able to determine Gencon is the only mask mandated thing in the city. The Airport and public transportation systems went mask optional in April. It has been noted Popcon was mask optional at the ICC a couple of weeks ago. 

Posted by cinnibar general lopez

general lopez wrote:
lehane wrote:
bigfathairyguy wrote:

While true, because of issues with vaccine availability and acceptance, this year is 2022.  Vax is widely available enough that there is no reasonable shortage.

Posted by lehane general lopez

general lopez wrote:
lehane wrote:
bigfathairyguy wrote:

True but some may not have been able to attend the new dates and rolled their badges over again. I was unable to attend last year due to the rescheduled dates conflicting with a wedding and rolled my badge over for a second time. It sucked but that was the way the cookie crumbled.

Posted by matthias9 cinnibar

cinnibar wrote:
general lopez wrote:
lehane wrote:
bigfathairyguy wrote:

While true, because of issues with vaccine availability and acceptance, this year is 2022.  Vax is widely available enough that there is no reasonable shortage.

I'm not sure what you're talking about here.  Gen Con was in September last year.  In the United States, vaccines were widely available since the end of May.  As a result, many of us thought they should have been required last year.  There was no shortage by then, at least not domestically.

Posted by mikeboozer mps

mps wrote:
Is Gencon going to accept a religious exemption?  Other larger conventions have accommodated this by accepting a recent negative test as an option.

Yes, please email [email protected] to inquire about this and what will be required.

Mike

Posted by mikeboozer general lopez

general lopez wrote:
lehane wrote:
bigfathairyguy wrote:

Which has no bearing on this years event.

Mike

Posted by mikeboozer squirecam

squirecam wrote:
cinnibar wrote:
papabees wrote:
general lopez wrote:
brumcg wrote:

I'm not sure why this us so difficult to understand. The colts fans came through last year without masks. If that game occurred this year they would walk through the hallway without a mask and without a badge. Because they dont need either.I think the policy should have been anywhere in the ICC just to keep them out (not for covid but just prior drunk harassing behavior) but because its public they cant be excluded. Or required to mask and badge. 

Masks and Vaccine bracelets are not being required in ICC corridors.

Mike 

Posted by mikeboozer adcjones

adcjones wrote:
Will a picture of our vaccination card on our phone be accepted?

Yes

Mike

Posted by mikeboozer

Clearing up the ID required for entry inquiry...and other things.

We are not requiring ID for people under the age of 18 to receive a vaccination wrist band. They will need a vaccination card.

Wrist Bands are made of plastic. If you lose yours or remove it you will need to go back to a station and show your ID and card again to get one.

When you bought your badge originally has no bearing on our policies now. There is no grandfather clause.

If you are inquiring about a medical or religious exception please contact [email protected] for instructions about those.

Mike   

Posted by mikeboozer adcjones

adcjones wrote:
hahnarama wrote:
Question about the Clear App. Are you going to add Gen Con to the list of events so I/we can pre register and upload our IDs and COVD vaccination records? 
Thanks in advance
This would be supremely ideal!

We will not be using this.

Mike

Posted by mikeboozer qwaserity

qwaserity wrote:
Trade Day? Asking for about 108 friends…

Trade day events are in Gen Con controlled spaces. The policy applies there.

Wrist Band and mask to attend.

Mike

Posted by mikeboozer matthias9

matthias9 wrote:
cinnibar wrote:
general lopez wrote:
lehane wrote:
bigfathairyguy wrote:

I'm not sure what you're talking about here.  Gen Con was in September last year.  In the United States, vaccines were widely available since the end of May.  As a result, many of us thought they should have been required last year.  There was no shortage by then, at least not domestically.

This is a side chat that has turned into something not applicable to the topic of this years convention.

No more on this topic. Let's keep this channel clear.

Mike

Posted by mark_theurer

@mikeboozer, thank you for the clarifications!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 2 4 6 7 8
1 2 4 6 7 8