Gen Con Health and Safety policy clarifications
1 3 5 6 7
1 3 5 6 7
Posted by donaldbain

Mike posted this in the health update thread about the hallways:

To be clear. When it is purchased by us it becomes our space. 

Mike

Posted by austicke ungmar9567

ungmar9567 wrote:But my question is about being "fully vaccinated". Last May, I got the one-shot J&J vaccine. Will I need a booster to be considered fully vaccinated? Or am I good to go as is?

This is clearly spelled out in the Health and Safety Policy.

"In accordance with CDC guidelines, booster shots are not required to be considered fully vaccinated, however, please note that the CDC recommends that people remain up to date with their vaccines, which includes additional doses for individuals who are immunocompromised or booster doses at regular time points. Please note that this remains subject to further update as CDC guidance is revised."

Posted by adcjones

Will a picture of our vaccination card on our phone be accepted?

Posted by austicke adcjones

adcjones wrote:Will a picture of our vaccination card on our phone be accepted?

This is clearly spelled out in the Health and Safety Policy.

"Participants can provide proof of vaccination using one of the following approved methods on-site at Gen Con:

• A Government Issued Vaccination Record (paper or photo).
  • CLEAR Health Pass"

Posted by adcjones mappy

mappy wrote:
How on earth do you plan on enforcing this? People enter and exit the convention center all day every day. There is going to be a queue to get in the center that leads around the block.
The wrist ban will let you bypass the line.

I do agree that getting the wristband is an additional step that will undoubtedly add additional time and hassle.  Will there be "experts" who will be able to identify whether a vax card is real or fake?

I do support the policy, however.  You aren't mandated to get the vax, but if you'd like to participate with the rest of us, you'll need to get the shot.

Posted by adcjones xanathon

xanathon wrote:
What qualifies as a government issued ID?  Will a drivers license suffice or will I need to bring my passport?

Your state government issues your driver's license.

Posted by adcjones hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
Question about the Clear App. Are you going to add Gen Con to the list of events so I/we can pre register and upload our IDs and COVD vaccination records? 
Thanks in advance
This would be supremely ideal!

Posted by ladye mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
mappy wrote:
How on earth do you plan on enforcing this? People enter and exit the convention center all day every day. There is going to be a queue to get in the center that leads around the block.

We have our plan to do so. You just need the wrist band once. Mike
Is the wristband going to be something we can take off and put back on? So we can sleep and shower?

Posted by dpuck1998 mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
Kids with parents will not need an ID to get a wrist band just a vaccination card/verification as applicable.
Mike

What is considered a 'kid'?  My 17yo doesn't have her license yet so no state ID. I will be with her however.

Posted by mark_theurer

So, just to be clear, if an area does not specifically require a GenCon badge for access, then it does not require a mask to be worn.  It may be recommended, but not required.  Is that correct?

Posted by brooks ladye

ladye wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
mappy wrote:

We have our plan to do so. You just need the wrist band once. Mike
Is the wristband going to be something we can take off and put back on? So we can sleep and shower?

Per Mike:

You should not remove it (But if you can and pit it back on I won't know or tell anyone), they will be ok in showers and if they are not then just get a new one...Mike

Posted by general lopez donaldbain

donaldbain wrote:
Mike posted this in the health update thread about the hallways:
To be clear. When it is purchased by us it becomes our space. 

Mike

Yes he did, but Davids post spelled out areas they control. If it was the whole ICC I think he would have said that instead. The public Hallways in the ICC are not under their control. 

"This means that any place you’re required to have a badge you’re required to wear a mask, including the exhibit hall, event halls, hotel ballrooms, conference rooms, and the stadium. Note that locations Gen Con does not directly control, such as hotel lobbies, hallways, connectors, restaurants, etc. will have their own policies and these are likely to be more lax."

Posted by donaldbain

Mike’s post was in response to questions about the hallways.

Posted by brumcg general lopez

general lopez wrote:Note that locations Gen Con does not directly control, such as hotel lobbies, hallways, connectors, restaurants, etc. will have their own policies and these are likely to be more lax."

I read this as "hotel lobbies, hotel hallways, hotel connectors, hotel restaurants."

Posted by general lopez brumcg

brumcg wrote:
general lopez wrote:Note that locations Gen Con does not directly control, such as hotel lobbies, hallways, connectors, restaurants, etc. will have their own policies and these are likely to be more lax."

I read this as "hotel lobbies, hotel hallways, hotel connectors, hotel restaurants."

Yeah you could be right, but why spell out certain areas in the ICC like the exhibit hall and not just say the whole ICC building. Maybe they have control in a hallway of someone waiting in a Gencon line for will call, vax checkin, etc, but not someone just passing through, since there are public areas.     

Posted by grognard262 brumcg

brumcg wrote:

I think it is more than that.  If you look at this floor plan of the ICC, the pink areas are likely where masks will be optional.  You could have a non-attendee following the skywalk from somewhere to somewhere else (e.g. the mall) and passing through these public areas.  The ICC is owned by the public (and thus subject to the health department rules), and rents out the dark blue areas, which would be the ones directly controlled by Gen Con.

For those who prefer not to wear masks, that should offer a meaningful break from masking between events.

Posted by timjs21

Show proof of vaccination AND wear a mask!  LOL  What an over-reach.  Have fun all.

Posted by donaldbain

The map colors seem to just differentiate between rooms, hallways, and maintenance areas.

Posted by papabees general lopez

general lopez wrote:
brumcg wrote:

Yeah you could be right, but why spell out certain areas in the ICC like the exhibit hall and not just say the whole ICC building. Maybe they have control in a hallway of someone waiting in a Gencon line for will call, vax checkin, etc, but not someone just passing through, since there are public areas.     
The ICC halls are not controlled by Gencon. The issue in Indy (I'm a resident) is that the convention center is a hub for connection of various public facilities so people can go through the halls as they please (See Colts fans last year). Ergo, those spaces are not controlled by Gencon. A post was put on the Fans of Gencon Facebook page from Gencon customer service stating as such. Here is the email: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10228165267937336&set=p.10228165267937336&type=3

Posted by cinnibar

It amazes me some are equating 'public space' with 'no rules'. 

It's different rules, certainly, this 'public space' has management to make sure the public isn't setting fire to the carpet or running a mini-hotel at night or having Zomboni death-races down the hallways, the ICC gets to mandate the rules in their own scope for this 'public' you speak of.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3 5 6 7
1 3 5 6 7