OFFICIAL HOUSING QUESTIONS THREAD
(Pinned)
5 6 7 9 11 12
5 6 7 9 11 12
Posted by ahabjr

Yeah, I found that Wed-Sun within walking distance was generally sold out by the time I got in. My friends found a hotel already on their own, outside of the housing portal for Thurs-Sun, within driving distance, at a better going rate not listed as available in the housing portal. While the portal is handy, you may want to just start shopping around on your own.

Posted by hariustrk

Does my card get charged now for the room or is it like a regualar hotel and I get charged when I check in?

Posted by marimaccadmin hariustrk

hariustrk wrote:
Does my card get charged now for the room or is it like a regualar hotel and I get charged when I check in?

Nope, it will be charged on check out like a regular room, though it may have a hold on it placed on check in.  Just like a regular hotel room.

Posted by johnvanjim

Yep.. Got a 3.5 hour wait, and nothing nearby within 10 miles.. Looks like its time to cancel that badge.

Posted by marimaccadmin

There are still block rooms available, just nothing downtown at this moment.

Posted by joisu

Are they going to announce when you can book under the waitlist?

Posted by jedibcg

How many on block downtown rooms are made available to non-VIG each year?  Is there anything we can do to increase that number?

Posted by marimaccadmin joisu

joisu wrote:
Are they going to announce when you can book under the waitlist?

There is NO WAITLIST for full reservations.  None.  The only waitlist is for people who have already booked rooms in the system, but need shoulder nights.  You'll have to keep checking the website and here, for drops.

Posted by marimaccadmin jedibcg

jedibcg wrote:
How many on block downtown rooms are made available to non-VIG each year?  Is there anything we can do to increase that number?

Nope, Gen Con does its best to secure as many downtown hotel rooms as possible, considering the popularity of the event.

Posted by jedibcg

Are you able to answer the first question I asked?

Posted by bluesky

How do we transfer rooms from one party to another using the housing block?

Posted by marimaccadmin jedibcg

jedibcg wrote:
Are you able to answer the first question I asked?

No, that is not public information.

Posted by breye

Is there a reason you can share why there is no wait list?

Posted by artyd42

The end of the wait list is the end of my interest in the future of gencon.  I think I'll begin scheduling other versions of vacation.  Hell, I can reserve later and get a better price than the ones left in gencon's housing block.

Posted by blacklabel817

is there no rooms left at all in any of the housing blocks? It keeps coming up with nothing in my search criteria. Why isnt this event in a first tier city that can handle larger amounts of people?

Posted by marimaccadmin

It's been that way for the past two years.  I imagine it's because it would be impossible to keep a waitlist of that magnitude regularly.

There are still people, as we speak, booking rooms in block hotels on the website.  Tomorrow and until a couple of weeks before the con, people will be dropping rooms here on the forums, and in the system.  With persistence, you can get a close room.  With no effort at all, you can get a hotel room 15 minutes away now.  It's certainly you choice to attend or not under those conditions.

Posted by blacklabel817

guess my browser isnt functioning properly as it shows nothing available even the furthist hotels

Posted by marimaccadmin

I'm told there are still rooms available outside of downtown.  Try for diffrent days or different numbers of people.

Posted by marimaccadmin

Posted by blacklabel817

i see now. i cant leave tuesday.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
5 6 7 9 11 12
5 6 7 9 11 12