OFFICIAL HOUSING QUESTIONS THREAD
(Pinned)
2 3 4 6 8 9 10
2 3 4 6 8 9 10
Posted by dgoodchild del_grande

del_grande wrote:
…(assuming the stories about there not being a shuttle service this year are true)…

I'm not sure that's an assumption I'd be willing to make. GO Express Travel is listed on the Gen Con homepage among the sponsers as "Official Shuttle Provider".
Do we know where the notion of no shuttle this year came from? Sounds like rumormongering to me.

Posted by marimaccadmin

There is no shuttle this year, as I posted elsewhere, and it was in the newsletter.  Everyone should sign up for the newsletter if you are not getting it, you can do that in your profile.

From the Jan 6th newsletter:

Transportation Update
In 2016, Gen Con will not contract with prior shuttle providers. Instead, Gen Con is investigating other non-shuttle transportation options for attendees. Attendees are encouraged to find the transportation and parking needs that best suit their convention and housing plans. If additional transportation options become available, Gen Con will announce them via email newsletter and messaging on gencon.com.   

Posted by dgoodchild marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
There is no shuttle this year, as I posted elsewhere, and it was in the newsletter.  Everyone should sign up for the newsletter if you are not getting it, you can do that in your profile.
From the Jan 6th newsletter:
Transportation Update
In 2016, Gen Con will not contract with prior shuttle providers. Instead, Gen Con is investigating other non-shuttle transportation options for attendees. Attendees are encouraged to find the transportation and parking needs that best suit their convention and housing plans. If additional transportation options become available, Gen Con will announce them via email newsletter and messaging on gencon.com.   

I see. My apologies for the rumormongering remark; clearly, I missed this information somewhere along the way. Thank you marimaccadmin, for setting me straight (and for the timely update).

ETA: Might be worth someone's time to remove the "Official Shuttle Provider" moniker from the sponser's page. Or remove Go Express Travel altogether if they're not sponsoring at all.

Posted by lmengsol

Does anyone know what type of rooms are available at the Columbia Club? They have a bunch of different types but no specific rooms are listed.

Posted by marimaccadmin

The price on the housing list is starting price; probably singles and doubles is a safe bet.  Suites unlikely.

Posted by [email protected]

Where is the actual housing portal?  Last year we had access to a page with a countdown on it that told us how long before hotel registration opened.  Now I can only find the page titled "Attendee Guide - Housing and Travel Overview".

Posted by hawkeye [email protected]

[email protected] wrote:
Where is the actual housing portal?  Last year we had access to a page with a countdown on it that told us how long before hotel registration opened.  Now I can only find the page titled "Attendee Guide - Housing and Travel Overview".
hover over your name / ID unber in the upper right corner. it's titled "My Housing" in the drop down.

Posted by marimaccadmin [email protected]

[email protected] wrote:

Under "My Housing" after you are logged in.

Last year's video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydug1wOzCx4

Posted by [email protected]

Thanks, I was looking under the Attend -> Housing and Travel section.

Posted by zpaeth

Wife bought hers and my badge - she has two links for housing listed for HERSELF I have none for me - I have a "get badge".  Suggestions?  Advice?  Help?

Posted by milkfromacow zpaeth

zpaeth wrote:
Wife bought hers and my badge - she has two links for housing listed for HERSELF I have none for me - I have a "get badge".  Suggestions?  Advice?  Help?

I think whomever bought the badge gets the housing links.

Posted by hawkeye zpaeth

zpaeth wrote:

Since she purchased your badge, you won't be able to book a room. The badges were purchased under her account will determine how many rooms the system will let her book.

Posted by marimaccadmin

Housing can be booked by the badge PURCHASER, not you.  She'll have to do the booking if she bought both badges.

Posted by firewolf30

Deleted...wrong thread.

Posted by egrus

Should I refresh my screen if I don't have my clock yet?

Posted by marimaccadmin

Yup, it will not affect your place in line.

Posted by kjelstad egrus

egrus wrote:
Should I refresh my screen if I don't have my clock yet?
go to right upper drop down and select My housing.

Posted by barbasol

Hope I didn't run into a browser issue. 2 years ago I used Safari and it was very slow, but Firefox was ok. So this year I had it open in Firefox. 20 minute countdown (at 11:40) then at noon it said retreiving time please be patient, then it said "You will be given access to the Gen Con Housing Portal in:" with no countdown. So I opened the housing page in a new tab which took a couple minutes and that showed the same page this time with countdown 2 hours 20 minutes. Just hoping that I didn't get bumped into a longer wait because the first page seemed to fail to retrieve my slot. (I guess just mentioning here as way of bug reporting. thanks.)

Edit: seems 2 hours is normal, so probably ok.

Posted by anubisthelegend

why do i have a 3 and 1/2 hour wait to get a room? i was signed in well before everything went live. i know youre busy but 3 and a 1/2 hours!!!

Posted by marimaccadmin

Because it's completely random among people who bought a badge before noon today. Unfortunately, you are near the end.  That's how random is.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
2 3 4 6 8 9 10
2 3 4 6 8 9 10