Magic events not listed what is going on ?
Normal
Small
Posted by donthedragon42

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

Pastime's schedule is still being finalized. It will be made Active and available for registration as soon as we're able to sort through it all, likely within the next week or two.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by donthedragon42 derekguder

derekguder wrote:
Pastime's schedule is still being finalized. It will be made Active and available for registration as soon as we're able to sort through it all, likely within the next week or two.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC
ok well I have to check everyday to see when magic events are posted ? 

Normal
Small
Posted by donthedragon42 donthedragon42

donthedragon42 wrote:
derekguder wrote:
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC
ok well I have to check everyday to see when magic events are posted ? 
because the 25th birthday events are the hot ticket and I don't want to miss my chance because of a delay in the posting of these events 

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke donthedragon42

donthedragon42 wrote:ok well I have to check everyday to see when magic events are posted ? 

This is a handy third party site that list when new events are available.

Or you could follow a group like the one in my signature. There will certainly be an announcement when the Pastime events are live.

Normal
Small
Posted by bithlord

FYI, they may not have it posted in gencons listings, but if you want to know what their planned schedule is: pastimes.net/gencon has the listing.

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

I want to specifically point out that their planned schedule is just that, a planned schedule, and not a final schedule, until it's live in the Gen Con system.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by donthedragon42 austicke

austicke wrote:
donthedragon42 wrote:ok well I have to check everyday to see when magic events are posted ? 

This is a handy third party site that list when new events are available.Or you could follow a group like the one in my signature. There will certainly be an announcement when the Pastime events are live.

This is a handy third party site that list when new events are available.Or you could follow a group like the one in my signature. There will certainly be an announcement when the Pastime events are live.

Normal
Small
Posted by donthedragon42 derekguder

derekguder wrote:
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC
thank you for feedback 

Normal
Small
Posted by mhayward1978 donthedragon42

donthedragon42 wrote:
austicke wrote:

The "good reason" is Pastimes didn't get their event list submitted to Gen Con by the event submission deadline.  They usually don't.

Normal
Small
Posted by san_fan_49

Yeah, pastimes is horrible with getting events in and kicked off in a timely manner. This falls squarely on their shoulders.

Last I heard from them just a few days ago was "we have 95% of our events submitted". The way they act, you would think GenCon wasn't a major gaming event and thy just decided on a whim to submit events rather than have a pretty solid idea of what they already wanted to do. It isn't like GenCon can sneak up on you......

Normal
Small
Posted by bithlord san_fan_49

san_fan_49 wrote:
Yeah, pastimes is horrible with getting events in and kicked off in a timely manner. This falls squarely on their shoulders.
Last I heard from them just a few days ago was "we have 95% of our events submitted". The way they act, you would think GenCon wasn't a major gaming event and thy just decided on a whim to submit events rather than have a pretty solid idea of what they already wanted to do. It isn't like GenCon can sneak up on you......
To be fair, they also need to get their events approved by WotC, and when WotC really doesn't care about GenCon at all, it's difficult to get them to act in a timely manner.

Normal
Small
Posted by njseahawksfan bithlord

bithlord wrote:
san_fan_49 wrote:
To be fair, they also need to get their events approved by WotC, and when WotC really doesn't care about GenCon at all, it's difficult to get them to act in a timely manner.S
Seeing as how GenCon is one of exactly 2 places that Beta Draft is taking place and WotC announced that 2 months ago ... I'm going to go ahead and say that this is on Pasttimes who have been late with their submissions for at least the past three years running.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/announcing-25th-anniversary-birthday-celebrations-2018-03-05

New Post Sign in to write a new post.