6 7 8 10 12 13
Normal
Small
Posted by gazornick solodan

solodan wrote:
silverf0xx wrote:
gazornick wrote:
mazinga wrote:
Hi, it's Gregory Harris, running Greg Harris Low Track A/Hook Horror.  I'm looking forward to meeting the players and DMs, especially the usual crew.  I'm also an Indianapolis resident, so please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about the city.  I'll do my best.  
mazinga- my friend Scott and I are still trying to get a table together. We would at least like to ID a DM so we can make sure we have our character choices locked in. Scott has a level 3 human fighter that was built using the variant human rules that required GM approval, for instance. If his character is not approved for whoever we end up with, he will have a brand new level 1 character ready but it would be good to know before. Would you DM for us and we can fill in the holes from the character pool?

Your search for a DM has come to an end. Master Harris of Team Hook Horror has relayed to me that he would be most pleased to place you into harms way at his table.
4 more seats to fill.

Rachel and I (Dan) remain drifting in the pool and would love to be a part of the madness that is team hook horror.  
That sounds good to me! Is a "Celestial Lock" a Celestial Warlock and would that PC fill the role of healer to some degree? 
Silverf0xx - can you please confirm with our DM the addition of Rachel and Dan to team Hook Horror?
Thanks!
Brian

Normal
Small
Posted by gazornick solodan

solodan wrote:
silverf0xx wrote:
gazornick wrote:
mazinga wrote:
Hi, it's Gregory Harris, running Greg Harris Low Track A/Hook Horror.  I'm looking forward to meeting the players and DMs, especially the usual crew.  I'm also an Indianapolis resident, so please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about the city.  I'll do my best.  
mazinga- my friend Scott and I are still trying to get a table together. We would at least like to ID a DM so we can make sure we have our character choices locked in. Scott has a level 3 human fighter that was built using the variant human rules that required GM approval, for instance. If his character is not approved for whoever we end up with, he will have a brand new level 1 character ready but it would be good to know before. Would you DM for us and we can fill in the holes from the character pool?

Your search for a DM has come to an end. Master Harris of Team Hook Horror has relayed to me that he would be most pleased to place you into harms way at his table.
4 more seats to fill.

Rachel and I (Dan) remain drifting in the pool and would love to be a part of the madness that is team hook horror.  
Since Rachel has rogue covered, I will use one of my other lvl 3 characters unless we think having two rogues is just twice as good? :) If the celestial lock is a healer then we could still use another tank and someone with some arcane ability.

Normal
Small
Posted by thafame drmean

drmean wrote:
Hey Luther. We've only got 3 for our Low Track B table if you'd like to join us. We could definitely use a barbarian or rogue. We've got a sorcerer and an archer. I'll just fill-in what's missing.
Hey, thanks for the invitation. I look forward to bringing my wily Genasi rogue to the party.

Normal
Small
Posted by gazornick gazornick

gazornick wrote:
solodan wrote:
silverf0xx wrote:
gazornick wrote:
mazinga wrote:

4 more seats to fill.

Since Rachel has rogue covered, I will use one of my other lvl 3 characters unless we think having two rogues is just twice as good? :) If the celestial lock is a healer then we could still use another tank and someone with some arcane ability.
Please feel free to reply to me directly via email at [email protected] 

Normal
Small
Posted by silverf0xx gazornick

gazornick wrote:
solodan wrote:
silverf0xx wrote:
gazornick wrote:
mazinga wrote:

4 more seats to fill.

That sounds good to me! Is a "Celestial Lock" a Celestial Warlock and would that PC fill the role of healer to some degree? 
Silverf0xx - can you please confirm with our DM the addition of Rachel and Dan to team Hook Horror?
Thanks!
Brian

Rachel and Dan... welcome to Team Hook Horror! Two spots left.

Normal
Small
Posted by silverf0xx thafame

thafame wrote:
drmean wrote:
Hey Luther. We've only got 3 for our Low Track B table if you'd like to join us. We could definitely use a barbarian or rogue. We've got a sorcerer and an archer. I'll just fill-in what's missing.
Hey, thanks for the invitation. I look forward to bringing my wily Genasi rogue to the party.

Luther... welcome to Team Kobold! Two seats left to fill.

Normal
Small
Posted by silverf0xx

Ladies and Gentlepersons,
Please look over the first posting to make sure I haven't forgotten to throw anyone into the Pool or add anyone to a certain team. I would hate to miss anyone and we're 10 pages into this thread.

Also, just for gits & shiggles, I have a couple questions for your characters that the DMs might enjoy:

Where are you from and why are you in the Moonshaes?
Are you a Ffolk or Northlander? If not then how did you get here?

Normal
Small
Posted by gazornick silverf0xx

silverf0xx wrote:
gazornick wrote:
solodan wrote:
silverf0xx wrote:
gazornick wrote:
mazinga wrote:

4 more seats to fill.

Thanks!
Brian

Silverf0xx - I am going to be playing a half-elf sorcerer now instead of my rogue; can you please update our table information to reflect that when you have a moment? I want to make sure we are as well rounded a group as we can be. :)

Normal
Small
Posted by silverf0xx buffythecatslayer

dkrantz152 wrote:
I’m confused.. why do you need to find a DM?  I thought the whole point of the Track events is that Baldman provides a “top-tier” DM that stays for the whole event...

dkrantz152, are you a player looking for a group and/or a DM? I don't want to leave you out of the mix by accident.

Normal
Small
Posted by silverf0xx rong

rong wrote:
Show up together and say you want to play together. Every effort will be made to make sure that happens.

Hey rong, are you a player I need to put on a team or in a pool? don't want to miss anyone.

Normal
Small
Posted by silverf0xx silverf0xx

silverf0xx wrote:
waltermana wrote:
Should we be looking out for information about these events before showing up?  Like how much should i have prepared with my character before sitting down, ect.?

I'm not really sure what you mean by how much to have prepared. 
You will need an Adventurers League legal PC of the appropriate tier for your event. Have your Log Sheet ready in case the DM needs to see anything.
Above all, be ready to have some fun, meet some cool people, and make some new friends!If that did answer your questions; you can get more specific here or send me a message here: [email protected]
Hope this helps.

Austin, have you been playing AL legal events to level up your PC(s)? Do you have current AL Log Sheets to go with those PCs?
As long as you've got all that and you've earned every XP in an AL legal game, you should be good to go. 
Check out the Adventurers League Players Pack on the DMs Guild. It'll have all the info you need. If you have any questions, hit me up here our you my email address.

Normal
Small
Posted by malcore1976 silverf0xx

silverf0xx wrote:
malcore1976 wrote:
tjxavier wrote:
Heya! I'm Brian Adrianse and I'll be DMing DDXP Mid Tracks A&B.
At cons, I tend to pretty flexible. I usually follow my players' interpretations of ambiguous rules (provided, of course, that they aren't flagrantly violating the rules) because, well, nothing sucks worse than traveling halfway around the country to have an ultra-strict DM tell you that you can't play your character the way you do in your local AL group.
I prefer the tactical aspect of using maps and minis for combat. I generally build Dundjinni maps for all my mods and have a vast assortment of minis. That said, having played since 2nd Edition, I am well-versed in the art of running theater of the mind combats and sometimes regret how dynamic descriptions of combat are often ignored in today's tactical combats. So, ultimately, I'm good with whatever the group wants here.
I enjoy roleplay and combat equally, so I'm comfortable with groups that wants to focus on interaction and use kid gloves in combat or that prefers intensely tactical and challenging combats and would rather hurry through the boxed text and get to the next ROLL-playing encounter. My natural play style tends toward both strong roleplaying in social scenes and challenging, tactical combats.

You sound like a DM we would be interested in.  Our group is pretty laid back and we're there to have a good time and have fun. We wan't our DM to have a great time too!

Brian, I've got you set up and ready. If this group sounds good, just let me know and I will make it so.

Haven't heard anything yet, but group is still interested :)

Normal
Small
Posted by silverf0xx malcore1976

malcore1976 wrote:
silverf0xx wrote:
malcore1976 wrote:
tjxavier wrote:
Heya! I'm Brian Adrianse and I'll be DMing DDXP Mid Tracks A&B.
At cons, I tend to pretty flexible. I usually follow my players' interpretations of ambiguous rules (provided, of course, that they aren't flagrantly violating the rules) because, well, nothing sucks worse than traveling halfway around the country to have an ultra-strict DM tell you that you can't play your character the way you do in your local AL group.
I prefer the tactical aspect of using maps and minis for combat. I generally build Dundjinni maps for all my mods and have a vast assortment of minis. That said, having played since 2nd Edition, I am well-versed in the art of running theater of the mind combats and sometimes regret how dynamic descriptions of combat are often ignored in today's tactical combats. So, ultimately, I'm good with whatever the group wants here.
I enjoy roleplay and combat equally, so I'm comfortable with groups that wants to focus on interaction and use kid gloves in combat or that prefers intensely tactical and challenging combats and would rather hurry through the boxed text and get to the next ROLL-playing encounter. My natural play style tends toward both strong roleplaying in social scenes and challenging, tactical combats.

You sound like a DM we would be interested in.  Our group is pretty laid back and we're there to have a good time and have fun. We wan't our DM to have a great time too!

Haven't heard anything yet, but group is still interested :)

Group has been added. Team Ankheg is now complete!

Normal
Small
Posted by vehementi silverf0xx

silverf0xx wrote:
waltermana wrote:
Should we be looking out for information about these events before showing up?  Like how much should i have prepared with my character before sitting down, ect.?

I'm not really sure what you mean by how much to have prepared. 
You will need an Adventurers League legal PC of the appropriate tier for your event. Have your Log Sheet ready in case the DM needs to see anything.
Above all, be ready to have some fun, meet some cool people, and make some new friends!If that did answer your questions; you can get more specific here or send me a message here: [email protected]
Hope this helps.
I think what they meant is, should we be looking at the campaign setting and doing any homework etc.?

Also to echo what someone else asked, this thread is just for people who are looking for a specific DM or something right? I will be alone and I assume I'll get slotted into some table. I don't need to do anything right?

Normal
Small
Posted by silverf0xx silverf0xx

silverf0xx wrote:
Ladies and Gentlepersons,
Please look over the first posting to make sure I haven't forgotten to throw anyone into the Pool or add anyone to a certain team. I would hate to miss anyone and we're 10 pages into this thread.
Also, just for gits & shiggles, I have a couple questions for your characters that the DMs might enjoy:
Where are you from and why are you in the Moonshaes?
Are you a Ffolk or Northlander? If not then how did you get here?

Well... look what I found! 
You can get yours here: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/248303/Moonshae-Isles-Regional-Guide?src=newest_in_al

Normal
Small
Posted by silverf0xx vehementi

vehementi wrote:I think what they meant is, should we be looking at the campaign setting and doing any homework etc.?Also to echo what someone else asked, this thread is just for people who are looking for a specific DM or something right? I will be alone and I assume I'll get slotted into some table. I don't need to do anything right?

You don't HAVE to do any homework, no.
Are you starting a brand new PC that comes from the Isles? Then I would say to definitely take a look at the Regional Guide. That will give you all the info you need to create a Ffolk, Northlander, or other Moonshae native.
Is your character coming over by ship from Chult or the Sword Coast? Then no, you really don't need this info unless of course you've been "in country" for some time. The Regional Guide will provide you with the knowledge you have picked up since you've landed.

As for you, specifically, good person... this is a place to build community.
If you have a DM you want to play with and they're here, hit them up and see if there's room.
If you have no one in particular you want to game with, here's your chance to talk to some fellow players and make connections.
Get your group or at least parts of it put together. Otherwise it'll be a random draw when you get there. You don't NEED to do anything but show up and have a great time. This thread might help you with that.
Either way, see you at the eXperience!

Normal
Small
Posted by vehementi

Thanks -- I was just clarifying because it sounded like you urgently wanted to get everyone into the thread and I thought I might be losing my spot by not explicitly organizing in this thread beforehand. I'm happy to roll the dice on a group, but if anyone needs my level 9 support-happy lore bard I'm happy to get inserted somewhere. James St. Don, Mid Track A

Normal
Small
Posted by silverf0xx vehementi

vehementi wrote:
Thanks -- I was just clarifying because it sounded like you urgently wanted to get everyone into the thread and I thought I might be losing my spot by not explicitly organizing in this thread beforehand. I'm happy to roll the dice on a group, but if anyone needs my level 9 support-happy lore bard I'm happy to get inserted somewhere. James St. Don, Mid Track A

I just wanted to urgently get everyone listed and involved that wanted to be. Thank you, sir. Into the pool you go.

Normal
Small
Posted by cascade

Myself and a friend have tix for midtrack B

could we get into Chuck Benscooter’s group and give him a hard time?

Ron Goodwin
Scott Krok

Normal
Small
Posted by silverf0xx gazornick

gazornick wrote:
silverf0xx wrote:
Silverf0xx - I am going to be playing a half-elf sorcerer now instead of my rogue; can you please update our table information to reflect that when you have a moment? I want to make sure we are as well rounded a group as we can be. :)

Got you switched!

Sign in to write a new post. New Post
6 7 8 10 12 13
6 7 8 10 12 13