Generic Ticket Question
Normal
Small
Posted by darkranger65

If I purchase generic tickets can I give them to my brothers to use or is it only for me because i purchased them in my name? Thanks for any info

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

You can give any paper tickets to other attendees.  They will need a badge to attend events.

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick

Actually, any ticket can be used in any game, as long as the total value of the tickets you turn over to the GM are equal to or greater than the price of the game - so you could use a True Dungeon ticket for a $4 game. However, you don't get "change" for a higher-priced ticket! But one high-value ticket can be used to cover several people. 
(and if the GM says you can't, refer them to the Event Host Policy or your local HQ)

So you can give your brothers whatever tickets you want. Just be sure to check what you're doing!

Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Normal
Small
Posted by shadowsummoner

Can I purchase a generic ticket for my son to attend a live show since he doesn’t have a badge, and I really think buying a badge for a 4 year old is dumb

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

Everyone attending and participating in an event needs a badge, with the exception of KID events, where a wristband is sufficient.

4 years old is pretty young, though, and the live events that would be suitable for them are pretty few anyway, so you may want to email customerservice@gencon.com to confirm.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by shadowsummoner derekguder

derekguder wrote:
Everyone attending and participating in an event needs a badge, with the exception of KID events, where a wristband is sufficient.
4 years old is pretty young, though, and the live events that would be suitable for them are pretty few anyway, so you may want to email customerservice@gencon.com to confirm.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC
thanks

Normal
Small
Posted by nascragman

I can pick up generic tickets at hall HQ's right?  I don't need to stand in the giant line Wednesday, do I?

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

Depends on the HQ. Some have remote registrations, others do not.

None will be open and selling tickets on Wednesday, though - event HQs won't be open until Thursday.

And the "giant line" moved real fast last year, so I wouldn't be too concerned, honestly, but it depends on when you need the generics.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by selene314

Wait, wouldn't it be Event Registration (short, medium-speed line) and not Will Call (giant, fast line), if he wants to buy generic tickets rather than pick up some he already bought online?

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent derekguder

derekguder wrote:
Depends on the HQ. Some have remote registrations, others do not.
None will be open and selling tickets on Wednesday, though - event HQs won't be open until Thursday.
And the "giant line" moved real fast last year, so I wouldn't be too concerned, honestly, but it depends on when you need the generics.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Derek, I think you may be confused.  The "giant line" he was referring to was not the really long line for Will Call.  Nascragman is actually 11 feet tall.  He's referring to the special line for giants that he has to use.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.