Barcode Test Page
This page is a printable test to make sure your USB scanner can properly read Gen Con badge barcodes.
Barcode Scanner Installation
- Most USB Barcode Scanners can install their drivers automatically upon being plugged into compatible devices.
- If the scanner is not detected, try using another USB port or restarting the device.
- Contact the manufacturer if there is still any issue with installing the scanner.
Print from Page
- The barcodes scan best when printed on plain white letter paper.
- We have already formatted this page to print out on a standard letter sized page.
- Print out this page. (Control + P on Windows, Command + P on Mac)
Testing the Scanner
- Open a text editor. (Word, Text Editor, TextEdit, etc.)
- Make sure the cursor in located on a blank line in text editor.
- Scan in the barcodes on this page, one at a time.
- Verify the characters are all in the correct sequence and case while matching the same code as under the barcode.
- After each scan, the cursor should be at the end of the scanned code.
- Make sure no other characters appear other than the ones you scanned in. All codes should match as labeled.
- If this all matches, your scanner is working correctly.