ViG 2023
Posted by thenewdoctor2142

I'll be a new VIG this year, I was wondering (as I can't find it obviously stated...unless I obviously missed it) what are the hours of the lounge?

Also will I be able to pick up my badge on Wednesday?

Posted by austicke thenewdoctor2142

thenewdoctor2142 wrote:I'll be a new VIG this year, I was wondering (as I can't find it obviously stated...unless I obviously missed it) what are the hours of the lounge?

Wednesday: Noon - 9pm
Thursday: 7am - 9pm
Friday - Saturday: 7am - 10pm
Sunday: 7am – 2pm

That is not my typo but actually what was sent out for this year, so I'm not sure if it's open until 9pm or 10pm on Friday and Saturday.

Also will I be able to pick up my badge on Wednesday?

Yes.

Aren't you a member of the VIG forum? If not, you should contact [email protected] to get added.

Posted by thenewdoctor2142

I've always had issues navigating these forums, I apparently thought this *was* the VIG forum lol (but looking again I did find the little VIG forum with the key symbol, so I assume that is the correct one.

Thanks for pointing that out

Posted by austicke

I'm glad you found it. :)

Posted by inari

I think the Thursday( - Saturday) part is the typo.  It usually closes earlier on Thursday only because of the mixer and is open until 10 on Fri/Sat.

Posted by [email protected]

As a new VIG for 2023, how does it work for my kids? I read the attend/VIG page about kids getting a sticker for access (with the badged VIG) but for things like the Mixer? Adults only, I'm assuming? Things like that would be good to know. Thanks in advance!

Posted by austicke [email protected]

Yes, mixer is adults only I think.

Posted by mikeboozer [email protected]

[email protected] wrote:
As a new VIG for 2023, how does it work for my kids? I read the attend/VIG page about kids getting a sticker for access (with the badged VIG) but for things like the Mixer? Adults only, I'm assuming? Things like that would be good to know. Thanks in advance!

Hello,

First only VIG's and VIG Companion they can attend the Mixer.

It is adults only.

Other things availabe for children are as follows:

VIG Children

For children ages 11-17, VIGs must purchase a regular 4-Day badge. If the child requires access to the VIG Lounge, the VIG parent must bring the child to the Lounge for a special identifying sticker. (Children ages 10 and under do not require a badge, but their VIG parent will need to pick up a wristband in the Lounge and provide their contact information for emergencies.) Children ages 17 and under must be accompanied by a VIG adult while in the VIG Lounge, or for special VIG seating at events.

• The VIG Lounge (including games or events taking place in the Lounge)
  • Will Call and Event Registration in the VIG Lounge
  • Complimentary beverages in the Lounge
  • Reserved event seating as listed above (when accompanied by a VIG adult)

Posted by tomahawk2147 mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
noone wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
helenbb wrote:
Perhaps I am wrong, but I don't think that VIGs have ever had early access to event booking. However, there are a few situations where VIGs are allowed to enter events first... usually the events in Room 500.

VIG's have never had access to buy Event tickets before the regular attendees. This is not a perk that will ever happen. Chaos would ensue that would make the Cthulhu mythos look like an episode of "Young Sheldon"They do get exclusive access to VIG events that are held in the lounge and preferred seating in most large venues.
I will be publishing the VIG Events schedule and sending all of you an email about that when my head clears from the housing weekend...
Mike
has your head cleared yet?

Almost, Working on some things for the VIG's will send a letter out...eventually!
Hey Mike, new VIG. Is this something still in the works or did I miss it? Thank you 

Posted by mikeboozer tomahawk2147

tomahawk2147 wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
noone wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
helenbb wrote:
Perhaps I am wrong, but I don't think that VIGs have ever had early access to event booking. However, there are a few situations where VIGs are allowed to enter events first... usually the events in Room 500.

VIG's have never had access to buy Event tickets before the regular attendees. This is not a perk that will ever happen. Chaos would ensue that would make the Cthulhu mythos look like an episode of "Young Sheldon"They do get exclusive access to VIG events that are held in the lounge and preferred seating in most large venues.
I will be publishing the VIG Events schedule and sending all of you an email about that when my head clears from the housing weekend...
Mike
has your head cleared yet?

Almost, Working on some things for the VIG's will send a letter out...eventually!
Hey Mike, new VIG. Is this something still in the works or did I miss it? Thank you 

Sending early next week

New Post Sign in to write a new post.
1 3