When will the Official App be updated ?
Posted by hahnarama

Dear "Powers that be",

When are you going to fix/make the app more user friendly?  When I go to open it it tells me "Update Available that MUST be installed" but I am already running the most current version. And the search bar function is a joke.

Posted by t_filby

I can't even get mine to respond. It says I'm logged in but wont access my events, just spins.

Posted by hahnarama

You would think for the $150 price of admission they would provide us with a STABLE and working app. 

I actually do use it to look up my event schd or try and fail to use the interactive map to try and find a vendor on the floor. 

If the guys behind the unofficial app were still updating theirs I would use it in a NY Minute. 

Posted by donaldbain

Mine is working fine (using wifi).

Posted by notavailableeither

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

I was having problems with it a few months ago-kept saying there was an update but never updated 

Since the uninstall/reinstall it works just fine for me

Posted by hahnarama

Yup... I've come to the conclusion that they are just too freaking CHEAP to shop it out to developers to update it every year

Posted by t_filby

So I uninstalled and re-installed and can now access my schedule and events. Says there is an update that needs to be installed but no mechanism for installing it (play store doesn't see it as needing updated).

Posted by starnostar

The app on iOS appears to be working fine for me. Events are showing, but the map is just a map of the downtown Indy area, not the map of where everything is in the convention center/lucas oil field. Is that right?

Posted by hahnarama t_filby

t_filby wrote:
Says there is an update that needs to be installed but no mechanism for installing it (play store doesn't see it as needing updated).

Same. 

Posted by austicke starnostar

starnostar wrote:The app on iOS appears to be working fine for me. Events are showing, but the map is just a map of the downtown Indy area, not the map of where everything is in the convention center/lucas oil field. Is that right?

The map hasn’t been updated for 2023 yet.

It’s rather late though. Hopefully they haven’t abandoned it.

Posted by hahnarama austicke

austicke wrote:
starnostar wrote:The app on iOS appears to be working fine for me. Events are showing, but the map is just a map of the downtown Indy area, not the map of where everything is in the convention center/lucas oil field. Is that right?

Hopefully they haven’t abandoned it.

Magic 8 Ball says "Don’t count on it" 

Posted by hahnarama

Bump

Posted by red_dwarf25

Hello,
So this News letter 
https://mailchi.mp/gencon/eogm-gen-con-indy-event-catalog-reminders-1934742?e=d0613fe43a
says we should update the app to the latest.  A nice video was created to help show how to do ticketing.  It shows the app at version 3.12.
I am on android and the version i get from the play store shows the latest as 3.0.
This video looks like they are running iOS.

Posted by hahnarama

OMG they just updated the App... and now the map no longer works!  I cant make this up. Type in the name of any Vendor it pops up but when you click the name to see them on the map you get a 404 Error. 

I can't make this up. 

Posted by helenbb

There does not seem to be an update on iOS?

The map is useless anyway. When it's upside down, it always sends me in the wrong direction. :(  It's incredible how many years it has been and Gen Con refuses to change the map to right side up.

Posted by hahnarama

Its right side up on Android. 

IMO its not useless. Right now it brings up vendor name but not even their booth number. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.