Welcome to the Technical Support Forum!
(Pinned)
Posted by matthew.nelson

The Technical Support forum is where users can discuss, ask, and answer questions about the Gen Con Website and user Forums including all technical aspects of the Gen Con web site features and functionality. Please keep responses within the following categories.

• Question: A question about how to perform a specific task, how to use a feature of the website of forums, please direct non-technical questions or questions that you need an immediate response to at customer service [email protected].
  • Bug: If you receive an error message, or you find a feature that is failing to work correctly. Include the URL link and copy/paste the text or image of the bug
  • Feature Request: You have a feature that you’d like to have added to the forums, enter a description and a link to any examples of the feature

Matthew Nelson
IT Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by sherilyn

Did you by any chance upgrade the forum to be compatible with tapatalk for forums on mobile devices?  :)  

That is the one feature I truly would love to see and would get me to the forums far more often.  

Posted by sherilyn

Is there any way for us to delete duplicate posts as well? 

Posted by marimaccadmin

You don't have a delete icon?

Also.....these are custom built forums, but I know the dev guys will see your tapatalk talk request.

Posted by sherilyn

I suspect delete is an admin option. It's not available to me. 

Posted by glory

I don't have delete, either.

Posted by marimaccadmin

I will mention it.  It may be an upcoming feature.

Posted by test2

[This post has been removed]

Posted by matthew.nelson

A user cannot delete a post, however, a post may be edited to contain no content.

Posted by jobeth66

Will we get avatars back at some point?  I often recognize the avatar way before the username.  :)

Posted by matthew.nelson

Avatars are a planned feature to be added at a later release.

Posted by brewski

So there is no forum name. Just your real name if its your login?

Posted by hawkeye brewski

steven_crouch wrote:
So there is no forum name. Just your real name if its your login?

http://www.gencon.com/forums/12-technical-support/topics/289-user-name

Posted by matthew.nelson

Steven,

Your forum name is your Gen Con username, which does not necessarily have to be your real name.

Matthew Nelson
IT Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by lanefan

Question: is this forum hosted on the same servers used for things like event reg and housing reg?  In the past when one of those wasn't working it was possible to jump on to the community forums and find out what was up - whether the problem was at my end or yours - but I'm concerned that if this new forum is using the same servers etc. that it'll get dragged down if the system gets overloaded and thus I won't be able to find out what's going on and-or if anyone else is having trouble.

Lanefan

Posted by marimaccadmin

First, I can say there have been minimal burps like that in recent years.  Secondly, I can say that we'll have much fewer outages with the forums on this server farm than we had with them being colocated in the office.  Overall they will be much more stable.  Is there a chance that they will be hard to access for a few minutes when housing opens or when event reg opens?  It's entirely possible; they slowed down a little last year during those events, but overall they will be much more stable. And honestly, you'll know what's going on in those few minutes anyhow.  A temporary slowdown due to thousands of people.  It's really not going to be a major issue.

Posted by larryp500

I got to admit. I don't like this new forum. I like the old one alot better. This new one is not pleasing to the eye. It's too sanitized. It doesn't have that..........Welcoming,homey feel.

Posted by nikki

I did not make any reservations because I have read about fishing until the Con is close and people having good luck with that.  But now, on my Housing Page, it says I have zero reservations remaining even though I never made one.  I will need those reservations as I am planning to make some when and if I get lucky enough to find one in the upcoming months.

Posted by austicke nikki

nikki wrote:
I did not make any reservations because I have read about fishing until the Con is close and people having good luck with that.  But now, on my Housing Page, it says I have zero reservations remaining even though I never made one.  I will need those reservations as I am planning to make some when and if I get lucky enough to find one in the upcoming months.

Did you buy any badges? If someone bought a badge for you, only they'll get allocations to reserve rooms.

Posted by nikki austicke

austicke wrote:
nikki wrote:

Did you buy any badges? If someone bought a badge for you, only they'll get allocations to reserve rooms.
No, I was the one that bought the badges for the family.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.