Lockers
Posted by benncory

First timer here. I'm curious about the available lockers. Are they hard to get, big enough to hold a few new games? Are the location and pricing convenient? Thanks in advance! 

Posted by watchdog

No lockers in the convention center.  It's a security/liability issue.

Posted by hahnarama

Ya Homeland Security pulled them out ahead of the Super Bowl. I sue to make a pretty penny going downtown the Monday of GC and getting lockers for folks 

Posted by dballing

I seriously doubt it was "Homeland Security" that removed them.

Posted by david campbell dballing

dballing wrote:

Yeah; but it sounds good, doesn't it?

Seriously; I miss the lockers. I need to do a lot of planning to make sure I only buy when I'm about to go back to the room. I honestly buy a lot less now; it's an assessment of "that cool, but not cool enough to carry around all day".

I guess it did my wallet a favor...:)

Posted by alans david campbell

david campbell wrote:
dballing wrote:

Yeah; but it sounds good, doesn't it?Seriously; I miss the lockers. I need to do a lot of planning to make sure I only buy when I'm about to go back to the room. I honestly buy a lot less now; it's an assessment of "that cool, but not cool enough to carry around all day".
I guess it did my wallet a favor...:)
They came in the night, in black helicopters.   I read it on the internet, so it must be true.

Posted by brotherbock dballing

dballing wrote:

No, it was Homewood Suites security. They got a tip that people were hording free breakfast waffles in the lockers. 

Posted by genconkeeper

The ICCC removed them but it has been assumed that different law enforcement agencies recommended it. The story I heard from a worker was that homeless people were using them to stash their good and not coming back to get them. Kind of causing a mess. Frankly most of us were surprised when we came back and found them each year.
Randu

Posted by hahnarama dballing

dballing wrote:

Hmm ya it was. I was a PM on a redundant generator system that was installed ahead of Super Bowl XLVI. Homeland Security was involved in EVERY thing.  In their opinion the lockers a security risk, and  guess what?  The City did solved the issue of the Homeless using them through out the year to store stuff

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.