Wednesday Evening RPG Events
Posted by timjs21

I've attended GenCon for the past 5 years.  Although the convention officially begins on Thursday, I've always had a great time playing in RPG events that have been offered on Wednesday evening.  I'm not sure what happened last year but it was a big let-down on Wednesday evening.  There were none of the normal (meaning 4-6 player) RPG events offered as there had been those previous 4 years.  Perhaps it had something to do with the convention being held earlier than normal?

I'm really hoping that there will be some of these events offered this year!  It makes getting into town on Wednesday that much more fun.

Posted by garhkal

I know our group (sparks force 7) has often done a single wed evening game, but the past 2 gencons we have let that slip by, and i also see none for this years, listed on the schedule.

Posted by derekguder

From the top down, there aren't really any "normal" Wendesday events, other than the Stink, honestly - and Georgia Street.

If there were particular events you enjoyed, I'd recommend reaching out to those groups or companies and encouraging them to do something again this year.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by brotherbock

Track down the KFG. They're huge on Wed games. They have posts here you can use to get in touch with them.

Posted by timjs21 derekguder

derekguder wrote:
From the top down, there aren't really any "normal" Wendesday events, other than the Stink, honestly - and Georgia Street.
If there were particular events you enjoyed, I'd recommend reaching out to those groups or companies and encouraging them to do something again this year.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC
Hi Derek,

Is there any way to tell who the group or company is that ran either of these events based on the information I have from 2013 and 2014?

In 2013 the Wednesday evening RPG I did was:
RPG1345871
Dark Aether Excursion
Sixcess Core, Extraordinary Voyages Edition

In 2014 the Wednesday evening RPG I did was:
RPG1458356
Mystship Madness
Sixcess Core, Mytharia Edition

If so, I'd like to try your suggestion of contacting them about this year.

Thanks!

Posted by derekguder

Well, it looks like both of those events had email address and URLs listed, so I would drop a note to the GMs or check out the company's web site: http://www.harshrealities.org/.

Highprogrammer has the event details: RPG1345871RPG1458356.

For any event that doesn't have that detail, you would need to search for it. I can send an email manually to event organizers, but only do so when it's imperative to the operatieon of an event.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by mike muad'dib

Can't Wait for the schedule to be released so we can plan! I'll be in town on Wednesday this year and be looking for events, especially RPG events.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.