So...What Are We Playing in the Will Call Line?
Posted by steamdrone

I've never been to Gen Con, but I hear the line stretches on forever, so I want to be prepared if it doesn't move very fast.  

I'm bringing Batman Love Letter, Lost Legacy: The Starship (which I haven't played yet), Zombie Dice, Cthulhu Dice, Legacy of the Slayer, and probably a couple 1 page RPGs.  Anybody else bringing any light games for the wait?  My husband and I will be camping out in line Wednesday.  If you're up for some pre-con shuffle n' chuck look for the sleepy, confused Pennsylvanians.

Posted by aaronr

The line can get quite long but usually it moves pretty quickly. 30 minutes to get through it is the norm I think. It definitely moves too fast to play anything that requires setting things down. Anything that is play in hand would work though. I have seen people playing Win, Lose, Banana.

Posted by austicke steamdrone

steamdrone wrote:I've never been to Gen Con, but I hear the line stretches on forever, so I want to be prepared if it doesn't move very fast.

It moves very fast. You won't be sitting unless you arrive way before it opens at noon.

Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

Maybe "hurry the heck up.... I need to get back to work!"

Posted by k_dog64

I've done the line the last few years around 12-1 pm Wednesday.  I don't think I have waited more than an hour to get through the line even starting back by the Food Court Area.  I've brought my 3DS and stuff before to play in line.  You would really need something that is fairly easy to play and move at the same time.

Posted by rhone1

Even if the line is long it moves quickly.  You won't have time to stop and play anything that isn't on your phone or handheld device.  Best to just enjoy the line, talk to folks around you and marvel at all the people walking by getting excited for the Con!

Posted by delgrieve

May be better to contemplate what to play while waiting in line for the exhibit hall to open.  

Posted by kerensky_3050

I've got sushi go! That's about it...

Posted by truelink

Win-Lose-Banana

You can play it while standing or walking, and you can play it with strangers.

Posted by armadilloal

"Count The Black T-Shirts"

EDIT:  For a serious answer, are the Puzzle Hunt posters up on Wednesday?  If so, you could search them out, take pictures, and try to work on those while in line.

Posted by bith

I'm bringing my Switch, and likely going to be playing Strikers 1945. 

Honestly, while it's a long line, it's not a particularly long wait.

Posted by steamdrone

It's good to hear the line moves quickly.  I kinda want to spend Wednesday figuring out where everything is rather than admiring the carpet in one spot.    

Sounds like trivia games would work. Win-Lose-Banana is a new one on me.  How's that one go? 

Posted by bith steamdrone

steamdrone wrote:
It's good to hear the line moves quickly.  I kinda want to spend Wednesday figuring out where everything is rather than admiring the carpet in one spot.    
Sounds like trivia games would work. Win-Lose-Banana is a new one on me.  How's that one go? 
Unless you stumble it at absolute MAX peak time you're looking at at most an hour in the line. 

Posted by david campbell

I've never done will call, but I've walked by and seen the line. Are there folks in that line waiting to buy passes as well? Without those folks the line might move that much faster?

Posted by loon

Pass purchase has always been a different line. 

I can't remember if I need to pick up my exhibitor badge before I get in the will call line.

Posted by lordnlkon

We're playing small world on our tablet.

Posted by suburbaknght

My favorite con game: "Talk to the person next to you."

Posted by gamerdork suburbaknght

suburbaknght wrote:
My favorite con game: "Talk to the person next to you."

So much +1 to this! Games are good, but remember it's the people - fellow gamers! - that make the games great, memorable, and such a fun hobby for all of us! Why not say hi, meet someone new - you know, be contrary to this eyes-down tech-obsessed world we live in? Gamers are generally known to be above-average friendly and kind - make it true!

Posted by urielblue

Clash Royale on my iphone...its my only video game, really...

Posted by bith david campbell

david campbell wrote:
I've never done will call, but I've walked by and seen the line. Are there folks in that line waiting to buy passes as well? Without those folks the line might move that much faster?
Nope.  That line is *only* people picking up badges via will call.  But, this year all the booths that used to be dedicated to onsite purchases are re purposed to will call, so it will move faster.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.