how to get two rooms with 6 badges?
Normal
Small
Posted by gerrygren

I imagine there is lots of hotel questions with the lottery coming up this upcoming Sunday. I have purchased 6 badges, as i understand it that means i should be eligible for at least 2 rooms which will fit our needs.  How will that work in the lottery? when my time comes up will i be able to choose the two rooms with my one pick or will I be given two different time slots? also will i be given  an option that if there is a  suite that might accommodate more than 4 say 6 people available, i understand those are extremely rare, would i be offered that when my turn comes up.  Ideally we would prefer to get two rooms in one location due to young people, so even if we get a prime time we might be better off not trying for downtown if we can not get two rooms in the same location?

Normal
Small
Posted by braewe

You will receive one time slot. At that point you will reserve first one room, finish that, then reserve the second room.

All hotels with suites that are in block go very very fast, but there are actually a fair amount in block. It's just everyone with a decent group, or family, wants them. If you don't get one, keep checking. They do sometimes pop up when someone cancels.

Normal
Small
Posted by ryric

If you get two rooms in the same hotel, you can often get them near to each other if you arrive early, check them both in at once, and ask at check in. I've done this the past couple years and managed to get my room next door or nearly so to my friends' room. Same floor at least.

Arriving early is the key since once the hotel starts to physically fill up it gets harder to shift around room assignments. Being super polite about asking helps a lot as well.

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager

Yes, Key is arrive early. Maybe even before advertised check in time.

Last year we requested a crib for our room. Not sure how many cribs they had, or how many were requested, but we made sure to arrive early so we could ensure we got a crib. Would have been really bad if they would have ran out.

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke gerrygren

gerrygren wrote:also will i be given  an option that if there is a  suite that might accommodate more than 4 say 6 people available, i understand those are extremely rare, would i be offered that when my turn comes up.

All room types are available to all attendees. So, if there are suites still available during your portal access time, you will see it.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.