Housing Closed Early?
Normal
Small
Posted by gib_rebeg

Attendee BadgesHousing Registration has ended and the Housing Portal is now closed. If you need to make changes to your reservation please contact the hotel directly.

While on the Housing page it says.
Guests can modify or cancel their room assignments until housing registration closes at 11:59 pm Eastern time, July 16, 2018.

The button is grayed out and can no longer click on it.

Normal
Small
Posted by shadowsummoner

I have the same thing

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

Odd that it occurred two days early.

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

I wonder if other hotels followed suit after Crowne.

Normal
Small
Posted by darkranger65

me too...Im at the Hampton Inn Downtown

Normal
Small
Posted by shadowsummoner

I’m at the Hilton Garden Inn Carmel 

Normal
Small
Posted by pinheadjo

wanted to verify what credit card I used so the payment goes through. Can't seem to find a way. Guess I will have to call.

Normal
Small
Posted by darkranger65

the modify room button is greyed out and says "request room" now and above that it says "Total room requests you can make for the following badge holders 1 " Did the system cancel my room???

Normal
Small
Posted by divachelle darkranger65

darkranger65 wrote:
the modify room button is greyed out and says "request room" now and above that it says "Total room requests you can make for the following badge holders 1 " Did the system cancel my room???
I’d think not. If the room has been transferred to the hotel, it’s no longer in  GC’s system and is now in the hotel’s system. 

Normal
Small
Posted by darkranger65

i called the hotel and they said they dont have me in the system yet....they said none of the GEn Con housing block is their system...sorry if I sound paranoid but we are coming from California

Normal
Small
Posted by clea

I'm pretty unhappy about this. Clearly states "Guests can modify or cancel their room assignments until housing registration closes at 11:59 pm Eastern time, July 16, 2018." but support is closed today. I need to modify my request and thought i'd be able to up until tomorrow night, hopefully this is just a temporary glitch. 

Normal
Small
Posted by meitreya

I am also concerned. My card was compromised so we need to change it. Called the hotel, they don't have it.  I am so worried.  I am not thrilled.

Normal
Small
Posted by cman811

So did they send out emails to people saying they transferred the reservation to the hotel?  I want to ask the person in my group who reserved it if they have one. 

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

I haven't gotten anything, but this was almost exactly the same situation that happened with Crowne. I would assume emails are forthcoming.

Normal
Small
Posted by irontk

WOW, what a disaster. How did this happen?!

Normal
Small
Posted by cpspalding

This is really messing me up.  We want to put the room on my roommate's card and can't do it. 

Normal
Small
Posted by malcore1976

the housing portal is still accessible via the https://book.passkey.com/***** website.  It will ask you for your Acknowledgement number and some personal information.  Check your browser history and the full https://book.passkey.com/ address should give you access

Normal
Small
Posted by gib_rebeg malcore1976

malcore1976 wrote:
the housing portal is still accessible via the https://book.passkey.com/***** website.  It will ask you for your Acknowledgement number and some personal information.  Check your browser history and the full https://book.passkey.com/ address should give you access
I know how to do this really easily, but will advise against it. Who knows how many of the hotels have already downloaded their guest information at this point. Thus making any changes in Passkey may not transfer over to the hotel.

Normal
Small
Posted by lennonconson

I need to update a credit card info that is no longer valid. I thought I had untill midnight tomorrow?

Normal
Small
Posted by shiralai

Edit: they reopened the link.

Sign in to write a new post. New Post