First Exposure Playtest Hall + GM badges
Posted by qwaserity

If I get accepted into the FEPH, I will get two "complimentary" badges. I will pay $300 for this; I mentally break it down into $220 for the badges and $80 for four play sessions of two hours each.

If I GM another event that brings in 72+ or 144+ attendee hours, can I apply for reimbursement of the badges? I ran the board game trade (a.k.a. math trade) and had 108 tickets for a 90 minute event.

(SIDEBAR: None of the people who worked the math trade last year applied for badge reimbursement. Yep, we were that dumb...)

I know I could have some friends "run" the math trade and have them reimburse me after they get reimbursed but I just want to keep the process as simple as possible.

I also thought about doing presentations at Trade Day which might make this first world problem even more confusing...

Posted by marimaccadmin

Hi there,

The badges you receive as part of the FEPH program are complimentary GM badges, which do not have a cash value, and are part of the FEPH package.  They cannot be refunded out of the FEPH package.

It's also worth noting that free events, such as seminars, do not generate any credit for complimentary badges.  If you have any other questions, just let us know.

Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by qwaserity

Thanks for the response Marian. You've given me something to think about.

I'll start up a discussion on the boardgamegeek website to see what folks want to do...

Posted by nicu7

Do I still need to purchase a 4 day pass if I get accepted to GM my game? That includes 2 complimentary GM passes but I guess I dont know what those are exactly. Thanks!

Posted by qwaserity nicu7

nicu7 wrote:
Do I still need to purchase a 4 day pass if I get accepted to GM my game? That includes 2 complimentary GM passes but I guess I dont know what those are exactly. Thanks!
No. The complimentary passes are 4 day badges. However, you can't get them mailed to you; you need to pick them up at Will Call Wednesday night. If you look under your account you should see the badge listed for you. You will need to add your cohorts name and information so they get their badge too. Double Exposure should be sending you an email with this information as well.

Posted by mikeboozer qwaserity

qwaserity wrote:
nicu7 wrote:
No. The complimentary passes are 4 day badges. However, you can't get them mailed to you; you need to pick them up at Will Call Wednesday night. If you look under your account you should see the badge listed for you. You will need to add your cohorts name and information so they get their badge too. Double Exposure should be sending you an email with this information as well.

Just to clarify, if they will need to be picked up at GM HQ not at Will Call.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.