Bring and Sell/Buy
Posted by dcgragg13

I believe I saw a Bring and Sell/Buy area last year. Just wondering if will be there again this year and what the process is to sell items? Can anyone sell stuff? Does Gencon take a cut? Do you need to apply/signup in advance or just show up and drop off your stuff? Any information appreciated as I couldn’t find further information online...thanks!

Posted by nscott

There is a consignment store associated with the auction. You do have to pay a fee for each item and to enter them into their system before Gen Con.

Posted by dcgragg13 nscott

nscott wrote:
There is a consignment store associated with the auction. You do have to pay a fee for each item and to enter them into their system before Gen Con.

Consignment store...thanks! I’ll try to find out more information...

Posted by nscott

Check out www.livegameauctions.com

Posted by ytuni

I used the consignment store for the first time last year and sold all the items entered. You have the option to put an item either in the consignment store or in the auction. You can even have your items put in the consignment store if it doesn't sell at auction. I plan to cull my collection and sell the games that don't make the cut in the consignment store this year.

Posted by dcgragg13 ytuni

ytuni wrote:
I used the consignment store for the first time last year and sold all the items entered. You have the option to put an item either in the consignment store or in the auction. You can even have your items put in the consignment store if it doesn't sell at auction. I plan to cull my collection and sell the games that don't make the cut in the consignment store this year.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Might be the way to go for my friend who is hoping to sell lots...

Posted by quarex

Yeah, if the things your friend puts in are the least bit uncommon and priced reasonably, they are virtually guaranteed to sell.

Posted by joegamer

I make about $200 each year just selling all the promos and whatever else I don’t play anymore.

Posted by jerrytel

Just a reminder that all items in the auction/consignment store have to be pre-registered. There is no onsite registration anymore (unless being donated for the charity auction).

Posted by quarex

And pre-registration is open!  Closes July 28, or "the Sunday before Gen Con" to better contextualize it.

Posted by willandbeyond

What time on Sunday does it close?

Posted by quarex

I believe the administrator has the script literally shut registration off at the stroke of Midnight, as in as the day changes from Sunday to Monday.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.