2019 event schedule?
Posted by kellishaver

The wishlist is a great tool and your best bet for getting a ticket to the really popular events. Definitely use it! But if you don't get into something, don't worry, there's plenty of other stuff. 

Our first Gencon, we didn't purchase any event tickets until about a week prior to the con. There was a ton of stuff sold out at that point, and I wouldn't recommend waiting until that late to get started, but there was still enough open events that we were able to find things to enjoy.

More events will be added after the Wishlist processing, too. We just use it for the things we really want to do and then come back from time to time and check the database and grab a handful of other events as we see things that interest us. 

Posted by buffythecatslayer

It will say "buy so and so a ticket" or "buy another ticket for me". You need to check one of those boxes. 

Do not use the "buy another ticket for me" for an event using electronic ticketing.  Each e-ticket is tied to a badge, and if your friend is late, you'll have to stand there waiting for them (this mostly applies to True Dungeon).  

It's best for everyone in a group to have everyone else in the group on their F&F list.  Then, everyone puts tickets for everyone in the group into their wish list.  When registration opens, everyone submits their list; whomever gets in first buys all the tickets, the others can then decline when their wish list gets processed.

Posted by jolee103 buffythecatslayer

That's a good point about the e-ticketing that I hadn't thought about! I haven't really been impacted by that yet but I'm sure more and more events will go that way! Thanks for the tip! :)

buffythecatslayer wrote:
It will say "buy so and so a ticket" or "buy another ticket for me". You need to check one of those boxes. 

Do not use the "buy another ticket for me" for an event using electronic ticketing.  Each e-ticket is tied to a badge, and if your friend is late, you'll have to stand there waiting for them (this mostly applies to True Dungeon).  It's best for everyone in a group to have everyone else in the group on their F&F list.  Then, everyone puts tickets for everyone in the group into their wish list.  When registration opens, everyone submits their list; whomever gets in first buys all the tickets, the others can then decline when their wish list gets processed.

Posted by alans buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:

Do not use the "buy another ticket for me" for an event using electronic ticketing.  Each e-ticket is tied to a badge, and if your friend is late, you'll have to stand there waiting for them (this mostly applies to True Dungeon).  It's best for everyone in a group to have everyone else in the group on their F&F list.  Then, everyone puts tickets for everyone in the group into their wish list.  When registration opens, everyone submits their list; whomever gets in first buys all the tickets, the others can then decline when their wish list gets processed.

E-tickets were easily transferred last year from the purchaser to others, but  they do have to be in your "Friends and Family" group, and I'm pretty sure that, at least at first, only 1 or 2 could be transferred for a single event, just as if you bought them yourself and clicked the "another one for me" button.  
I purchased an entire TD run and then sent out the e-tickets to each person.
:)

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Yes, the e-tickets are transferable, but it’s better to have everyone in the group try to get all tickets for everyone else, to get a better shot at getting events together.

Posted by chadrea

I love hitting up the auction for a couple of hours too. Its fun to see all the stuff they are auctioning off, especially when they do their TOVA section (toys, oddities, video games and accessories I think) because this is where they throw in all the weird stuff that didn't fall in the other categories.

Posted by mknott03

Does anyone know if there is an electronic version of the 2019 Event Guide or Program Book?

Posted by austicke mknott03

mknott03 wrote:Does anyone know if there is an electronic version of the 2019 Event Guide or Program Book?

Yes, there is. It’ll probably be out next week.

Posted by cmegus

Holy Necromancer of a forum post Batman...

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.