Pokemon CCG events?
Posted by dynel

My apologies if this question has been asked.  I didn't see it anywhere.

My son wants to play in a Pokemon CCG event (like a booster draft) but I don't see any Pokemon events up.  Does anyone have an idea when they'll go up, or when they typically post events for the Pokemon CCG? 

Thanks for any assistance!

Posted by andrewj.rager

There will be Pokemon TCG events at Gen Con. Feels like they have a fairly big (Pikachu butt) presence at Gen Con every year. Though if I remember they are usually a little late. Just keep checking!

Posted by dynel

I figured as much.  I signed my older son up for an even a couple of years ago, but I'm taking my younger son this year and I couldn't remember if the Pokemon events were late being posted before, too.  Probably so.  Thanks!

Posted by ctpygmy1

Glad to see this posted, I was wondering myself. I just looked for Pokémon for my two boys and nothing is posted yet. However, with the release of Pikachu: Detective, I am hoping that lends support for lots of Pokémon events at the Con this year! 

Posted by dynel

Yeah, I'm sure there will be something...just when is the question.  I go every other year, and when I signed up my oldest for a Pokemon event in 2017, it was well after the events started.  So I didn't know they weren't listed with most of the other events at the onset.  Apparently, they take a minute to get on the list!

Posted by mokolith

Any update on this?  I've been looking, too, but haven't seen any Pokemon events come up.  Kind of strange, since they're a contributing sponsor.  I'm thinking at this late hour, there's not going to be any.  :(

Posted by andrewj.rager mokolith

mokolith wrote:
Any update on this?  I've been looking, too, but haven't seen any Pokemon events come up.  Kind of strange, since they're a contributing sponsor.  I'm thinking at this late hour, there's not going to be any.  :(
This is an interesting post. Because you are right they are a sponsor. You would think they would have events listed.

Oddly this year on Saturday, Pokemon Go is having their monthly Community Day. I wonder if the sponsoring could tie into Pokemon Go more than the TCG.

Seems like a long shot, but who knows. 60,000 potential POGO players would surely be something Niantic and Pokemon Company International would like to appeal to.

Posted by mpagnotta310

Pokémon TCG fans:

A bunch of events just got added. Check the events page!

Posted by dynel mpagnotta310

mpagnotta310 wrote:
Pokémon TCG fans:
A bunch of events just got added. Check the events page!

Thank you...they're up!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.