Steve Jackson Games
Posted by del_grande

I just noticed that, as of 5/13, all of the Steve Jackson Games events have been removed. Did the company decide not to attend?

Posted by rjstreet

Still show as having quite a few events: https://gencon.eventdb.us/groupCompany.php?Group=Steve+Jackson+Games

They did cut back though. 

Posted by rjstreet

And it looks like those are cancelled in the system now! So maybe?

Posted by lore seeker

Nothing on their website or Twitter account about cancelling, for what it's worth.

Posted by ndgeekboy

I have an Illuminati session in my Wishlist (BGM22209266). It's still in the Wishlist but when I clicked on it, I got the "We're sorry, this event has been cancelled" message. 

I'm guessing Steve Jackson Games isn't going to Gen Con this year.

But I'm still going to wait until tomorrow night to change things around. Might be a little delusional on my part, but I'm crossing my fingers SJG is just doing some last-minute edits across the board.

Posted by donaldbain

Someone on the Facebook group said they’re not going to be there per the MIB director (no idea what that is).

Posted by kevinrg donaldbain

donaldbain wrote:
Someone on the Facebook group said they’re not going to be there per the MIB director (no idea what that is).

I believe their regional directors are known as MIB (Men in Black) directors

Posted by scattterbreak

I just got their reply to a question I tweeted to them: "We are not attending this year. -HS"

Posted by colbrook

They commented on the Fans of Gen Con Facebook group that after the death of a PAX East enforcer the upper management no longer feel comfortable asking their staff and volunteers to attend large conventions, they will have an official blog post with more details soon. 

Posted by quarex

Well, hard to argue with that.

Posted by alans

Some kind of announcement at the time the decision was made would have been nice.

Posted by hahnarama

well that explains the error message on my events yesterday 

Posted by hauntedcity colbrook

colbrook wrote:
They commented on the Fans of Gen Con Facebook group that after the death of a PAX East enforcer the upper management no longer feel comfortable asking their staff and volunteers to attend large conventions, they will have an official blog post with more details soon. 

What is an "enforcer"?  Was the death related to covid, violence, or something else. I haven't head anything about this.

Posted by colbrook hauntedcity

hauntedcity wrote:
colbrook wrote:

What is an "enforcer"?  Was the death related to covid, violence, or something else. I haven't head anything about this.
It's the PAX term for convention staff member, the lady caught COVID during the convention despite masks and vaccines being required and sadly passed away because of it. 

Posted by hauntedcity

How sad! Thank you for the info.

Posted by brumcg

There's a bit more info in a GoFundMe for funeral expenses:  

https://www.gofundme.com/f/in-loving-memory-of-dawn-deestar-wood?utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Posted by colbrook

Official statement from SJG

http://www.sjgames.com/ill/archive/2022-05-25

Posted by raptorov

Why is DragonCon better than GenCon?

Posted by brumcg raptorov

raptorov wrote:
Why is DragonCon better than GenCon?

It's just Steve Jackson himself attending.

Posted by hebeeira

[This post has been removed]

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.