Paper Event Tickets and late sign ups
Posted by hannman

So if I add an event using paper tickets today, will I still pick up my paper tickets at will-call?  When do they stop printing off paper tickets for events?  What if I add an event using a paper ticket next Wednesday?  Will they still somehow have a paper ticket for me for the event at will-call?

Posted by austicke hannman

hannman wrote:So if I add an event using paper tickets today, will I still pick up my paper tickets at will-call?

Yes.
When do they stop printing off paper tickets for events?

They don't. But it takes about 4 hours for Will Call to print. If you're onsite, you're better off going directly to Event Registration and getting the ticket immediately.
What if I add an event using a paper ticket next Wednesday?  Will they still somehow have a paper ticket for me for the event at will-call?

It'll be at Will Call within a few hours.

Posted by mikeboozer hannman

hannman wrote:
So if I add an event using paper tickets today, will I still pick up my paper tickets at will-call?  When do they stop printing off paper tickets for events?  What if I add an event using a paper ticket next Wednesday?  Will they still somehow have a paper ticket for me for the event at will-call?

You are better off going to the Event Registration kiosk onsite if you are there on Wednesday instead of ordering it from Will Call and waiting in line for it.

Mike

Posted by hannman mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
hannman wrote:

You are better off going to the Event Registration kiosk onsite if you are there on Wednesday instead of ordering it from Will Call and waiting in line for it.Mike

This makes sense.  However we already have some other events we purchased over the last month which will require us to pickup tickets at will call.  So we can't avoid it at this point.  However, we'll be showing up Thursday morning and we already have our badges and tickets for our Thursday day events, so we're thinking of waiting until after 6pm on Thursday to get our other tickets at will call assuming the line will be pretty dead by then?  We figure then at least we won't be missing out on precious hall time. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember, will call is open pretty late?  We are also looking at buying additional events as late as Wednesday, but it sounds like if we do, all our tickets will be ready for us to pickup come Thursday evening?  

Posted by austicke hannman

hannman wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember, will call is open pretty late?

Midnight on Thursday.

Posted by hannman austicke

austicke wrote:
hannman wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember, will call is open pretty late?

Midnight on Thursday.

Thanks, so I think we have a pretty good plan.  The only question remaining is should we sign up for any more events?  it's a balancing act.  We don't want to have so many events that we don't get much Hall time.  If only Gencon was twice as long.  

Posted by mikeboozer hannman

hannman wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
hannman wrote:

You are better off going to the Event Registration kiosk onsite if you are there on Wednesday instead of ordering it from Will Call and waiting in line for it.Mike

This makes sense.  However we already have some other events we purchased over the last month which will require us to pickup tickets at will call.  So we can't avoid it at this point.  However, we'll be showing up Thursday morning and we already have our badges and tickets for our Thursday day events, so we're thinking of waiting until after 6pm on Thursday to get our other tickets at will call assuming the line will be pretty dead by then?  We figure then at least we won't be missing out on precious hall time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember, will call is open pretty late?  We are also looking at buying additional events as late as Wednesday, but it sounds like if we do, all our tickets will be ready for us to pickup come Thursday evening?  

I will reiterate that if you are actually onsite buying tickets online and waiting in the Will Call line for them is not the best use of your time.

Anything ordered online has a mandatory 2 hour wait before they are available at Will Call. That is not taking the line into account which is unpredictable.

You are always better off ordering tickets onsite at the Event reg kiosks. Event Reg opens on Wednesday at noon.

Mike

Posted by hannman mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
hannman wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
hannman wrote:

This makes sense.  However we already have some other events we purchased over the last month which will require us to pickup tickets at will call.  So we can't avoid it at this point.  However, we'll be showing up Thursday morning and we already have our badges and tickets for our Thursday day events, so we're thinking of waiting until after 6pm on Thursday to get our other tickets at will call assuming the line will be pretty dead by then?  We figure then at least we won't be missing out on precious hall time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember, will call is open pretty late?  We are also looking at buying additional events as late as Wednesday, but it sounds like if we do, all our tickets will be ready for us to pickup come Thursday evening?  

I will reiterate that if you are actually onsite buying tickets online and waiting in the Will Call line for them is not the best use of your time.Anything ordered online has a mandatory 2 hour wait before they are available at Will Call. That is not taking the line into account which is unpredictable.
You are always better off ordering tickets onsite at the Event reg kiosks. Event Reg opens on Wednesday at noon.
Mike

Sure thing and if I'm at the con and want to sign up for additional events, I'll do just that.  I remember last year a bunch of last minutes events were added that we wanted to do, so I'm preparing for this happening again this year.  

Posted by theinitiativeinn mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:

Hi Mike,
I want to take your advice about getting tickets onsite from the kiosk but am having trouble finding a kiosk on the map.  (Which, being searchable/zoomable is awesome, btw)

Is this where to go to get the printed tickets:
Gen Con | Gen Con Indy 2022
Is this

Posted by austicke

Yes, theinitiativeinn.

Posted by lilyna

[This post has been removed]

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.