Events "Active" for GM badges?
Posted by danniereeley

How soon can I put in for my GM badge for Gencon? I noticed that the badge allocation form is still for Gencon 2018. I also was confused about what it means for an event to be active... is that after the events have been approved?

Posted by marimaccadmin

Hi dannie,

Yes, events being "active" means when you get an automated email from the system that your event is active.  You'll want to keep an eye on your events; they can have various changes in status, including being returned for correction, if there's an issue; being accepted for correction, which means the event looks pretty good, but we're trying to place it, or active.  Active events are events that will happen, and will appear in the event listings, when they are published.  They usually, but not always, have event locations added.

Once that happens, you can request a badge allocation based on the number of player hours of your active events.  Do note that we generally don't begin reviewing events in earnest until at least the early event submission deadline in early February, and we usually start with specialty programs, so will probably be some time before your events are made active.  Just let us know at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by handandy79 marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
Hi dannie,
Yes, events being "active" means when you get an automated email from the system that your event is active.  You'll want to keep an eye on your events; they can have various changes in status, including being returned for correction, if there's an issue; being accepted for correction, which means the event looks pretty good, but we're trying to place it, or active.  Active events are events that will happen, and will appear in the event listings, when they are published.  They usually, but not always, have event locations added.
Once that happens, you can request a badge allocation based on the number of player hours of your active events.  Do note that we generally don't begin reviewing events in earnest until at least the early event submission deadline in early February, and we usually start with specialty programs, so will probably be some time before your events are made active.  Just let us know at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC
Marian,

Thank you for the information! My company intends to run several games this year, do we need to submit the events and then request GM badges, or request the badges first? It seems like each GM must submit their own events. Thank you for any information you can share. Should be another great con!

Posted by marimaccadmin handandy79

handandy79 wrote:
marimaccadmin wrote:
Hi dannie,
Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC
Marian,Thank you for the information! My company intends to run several games this year, do we need to submit the events and then request GM badges, or request the badges first? It seems like each GM must submit their own events. Thank you for any information you can share. Should be another great con!

Hi handyandy,

The size of your badge allocation is dependent on the amount of player hours approved in  the system, so yes, the proper order is to submit events, wait for them to be approved, and then submit your badge request.

Also of note is that only independent GMs submit their own events  For GMs with a gaming group or company, your main event organizer is going to submit all event for the group, so that we have one point of contact for the whole group, for any questions about the events.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by handandy79 marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
handandy79 wrote:
marimaccadmin wrote:
Hi dannie,
Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC
Marian,Thank you for the information! My company intends to run several games this year, do we need to submit the events and then request GM badges, or request the badges first? It seems like each GM must submit their own events. Thank you for any information you can share. Should be another great con!
Hi handyandy,
The size of your badge allocation is dependent on the amount of player hours approved in  the system, so yes, the proper order is to submit events, wait for them to be approved, and then submit your badge request.
Also of note is that only independent GMs submit their own events  For GMs with a gaming group or company, your main event organizer is going to submit all event for the group, so that we have one point of contact for the whole group, for any questions about the events.  Let me know if you have any other questions.
Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC
That was very helpful. Thank. Please forgive the order with which I submitted our request. I have submitted nearly all of our games myself as EO. Im just waiting on a few more gms to firm up their schedules.  Once (if) our events are accepted, Ill resubmit the badge request. Thank you again for your help. I've attended GC for the last 12 years, but never ran events, so I am new to the process.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.