Table size in JW Marriott
Posted by marv

Looking at page 23 of the 2019 Gencon program, I’m suddenly concerned about the events I’ll be running in room 313 of the JW Marriott. My RPG events have six players (seven if you count me, the GM/DM) and that table pictured looks to be about 4 and a half feet in diameter (though obviously difficult to tell). Plus, I have maps and props. 
Do I have reason to be concerned? 

Posted by buffythecatslayer

On page 25 of the Event Host Policy, it says:

RPG

• One 6’ round per 6 players. Table sizes may vary.

I’ve never seen a 4’ table for an RPG.  Could just be the scale on the map is misleading.

Posted by marv buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
On page 25 of the Event Host Policy, it says:
RPG• One 6’ round per 6 players. Table sizes may vary.

I’ve never seen a 4’ table for an RPG.  Could just be the scale on the map is misleading.

Thank you for finding that. Six feet has been by experience at other conventions (my first Gencon). Guess I’ll just hope that photo is misleadingly in that it makes the table of page 23 of the program  https://files.gencon.com/2019.programbook.pdf look small. 

Posted by rong

The games I have run on the 3rd floor of the JW Marriott have always been the standard 6' Round.

Posted by marv rong

rong wrote:
The games I have run on the 3rd floor of the JW Marriott have always been the standard 6' Round.
wonderful! Reassuring. Thank you. 

Posted by buffythecatslayer

I thought you were gauging the size from a map. Then I saw the pic, and that table is small.  Could have been for something special, and isn’t the standard RPG table.

Posted by jerrytel

In special requests on the event entry, you can request an extra table; by default the system assigns one or more tables based on the number of players. A standard rpg with 6 players will get 1 table unless you request more (in my experience).

New Post Sign in to write a new post.