Looking to Volunteer for GM
Posted by ncroberts

Hello,

I am looking for a volunteer opportunity and not sure how/who to reach out to.  I already contacted gencon support but they have a different employment process.  I have a friend that previously told me about his experience working for vendors at gen con and offered perks for doing so.

Can anyone help?  I enjoy playing work replacement games - anything, really.  I currently live in Bentonville, AR but we will be visiting for Gencon.  

Thank you!

Posted by rong

Asking here is a good start. Some of the larger gaming groups occasionally see these posts and might shoot you a PM. Some vendors will post on these forums looking for volunteers. Another great place to watch/ask is the Fans of Gen Con page on the book of faces.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

As Rong said, the Fans of GC group on FB often has companies looking for volunteers.  Currently, there is this thread asking for recommendations with some good responses.
Also, this one for IGDN, Indie Game Developer Network.  Good group of people, with some interesting games.  Almost GM'd for them last year, but was unable.

Posted by derekguder

If you are looking to run games for a company or gaming group, your best bet is to contact them directly. Some will post recruitment threads in the forums, but it's always possible to reach out them directly.

If they've run games at Gen Con in the past, they probably will again, so you can reach out and let them know you'd like to get involved. I recommend letting them know what games you specifically want to run and what hours you are or are not available to help.

If the company you want to help hasn't run anything, reach out to them and ask what their plan for Gen Con is, offering to help run some games for them so they can get involved.

Posted by ncroberts

Thank you everyone!  I think I am going to be able to volunteer with AEG!  Lucky me! :)

New Post Sign in to write a new post.